Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18593
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby RickD » Sun May 28, 2017 5:30 pm

Kent Hovind is my hero. Seriously. Anyone who can be such a complete and utter buffoon, and then go to jail for his buffoonery, and continue to blame everyone but himself, is one who I'd like to emulate.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sun May 28, 2017 6:09 pm

https://tcip.org.au/2016/09/11/kent-hov ... ictor-tey/
He's getting (or is now) married again.

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sun May 28, 2017 6:10 pm

RickD wrote:Kent Hovind is my hero. Seriously. Anyone who can be such a complete and utter buffoon, and then go to jail for his buffoonery, and continue to blame everyone but himself, is one who I'd like to emulate.

Did u go to clown school by any chance?

yorican67
Acquainted Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby yorican67 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:21 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Apparently the IRS Commisoner has apologized for arresting him and others. http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/hovind.php

From what I read it was a blanket apology, not specifically addressed to Kent Hovind himself. I went to a few other websites to verify a few points mentioned in the article you linked. It stated that Kent Hovind had only been arrested for structuring, but failed to mentioned he had structured over $400,000 dollars in a span of about four years, at a rate of just under $10,000 every 12 days. Hovind then went on to claim he never knew what the term "structuring" meant. Basically he just played ignorant of the fact he was depositing just under the Federal limit.

Here's a compete list of charges laid against Kent Hovind:
Interfering with the administration of the IRS
Failure to pay payroll taxes on his employees, refereed to as missionaries
The systematic withdrawal of cash in amounts somewhat less than $10,000

Hovind did appeal to the Eleventh Circuit Court, but his conviction and sentence were upheld. I also read he and his wife failed to file their 1040s, along with their quarterly payroll tax returns. I can see why all the confusion on his conviction. If he would have just honored the Lord in giving unto Caesar what was Caesar's, then none of this would have happened. Upfront what he was doing was perfectly legal, yet his actions and failure to be complicit with the IRS seems to have put him under the micro scope. From what I can tell the laws concerning structuring were meant to prevent the very thing Kent Hovind was doing.

Thanks for the article!

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sun May 28, 2017 7:30 pm

yorican67 wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:Apparently the IRS Commisoner has apologized for arresting him and others. http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/hovind.php

From what I read it was a blanket apology, not specifically addressed to Kent Hovind himself. I went to a few other websites to verify a few points mentioned in the article you linked. It stated that Kent Hovind had only been arrested for structuring, but failed to mentioned he had structured over $400,000 dollars in a span of about four years, at a rate of just under $10,000 every 12 days. Hovind then went on to claim he never knew what the term "structuring" meant. Basically he just played ignorant of the fact he was depositing just under the Federal limit.

Here's a compete list of charges laid against Kent Hovind:
Interfering with the administration of the IRS
Failure to pay payroll taxes on his employees, refereed to as missionaries
The systematic withdrawal of cash in amounts somewhat less than $10,000

Hovind did appeal to the Eleventh Circuit Court, but his conviction and sentence were upheld. I also read he and his wife failed to file their 1040s, along with their quarterly payroll tax returns. I can see why all the confusion on his conviction. If he would have just honored the Lord in giving unto Caesar what was Caesar's, then none of this would have happened. Upfront what he was doing was perfectly legal, yet his actions and failure to be complicit with the IRS seems to have put him under the micro scope. From what I can tell the laws concerning structuring were meant to prevent the very thing Kent Hovind was doing.

Thanks for the article!

I can't blame some people though for failing to file this and that. It's so complicated, so many things. They never had this in Roman times.

yorican67
Acquainted Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 4:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby yorican67 » Sun May 28, 2017 7:39 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:I can't blame some people though for failing to file this and that. It's so complicated, so many things. They never had this in Roman times.

I think in Roman times they'd just pay you visit and made an offer you couldn't refuse. Kent wasn't convicted for not filing his 1040's, at least not that I know of...

thatkidakayoungguy
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:25 am

Why did Kent's creation ministries often support half baked facts and leaps in logic? Some of his stuff is sound though, more so not regarding sciency stuff.

User avatar
melanie
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 3:18 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby melanie » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:53 am

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Another con was with secular Humanists taking advantage of such nonsense and redefining Christian "Fundamentalism" as something akin Islamic Fundamentalism. Foundationally, the doctrine of one set of beliefs lends itself to violence after it's military prophet, whereas "fundamental" doctrine in the other entirely different as you noted.

Etymologically, "fundamentalist" appears to have evolved into a perception of "stupid" beliefs people believe in joined to an often accepted proposition that "religion leads to violence". Theologically, and traditionally, a "fundamentalist" perhaps had no such stigmas. For example, I'm a Fundamentalist Evangelical Christian, however -- what this actually means to me and would portray to others today would no doubt be quite misleading as to who I am and even what I believe.

Again, I might be wrong in my analysis here, but this too seems about right given my own experiences with people, what gets published online, the media and as someone who'd identify as just such a Christian.

No I agree with you, I've noticed the same. The sad thing is they're partly right: many fundamentalists (WBC for instance) and Christian conservatives (KKK for one) give the rest a bad name.


Fundamelislist Christian groups are quite dangerous!! Thank God they don't represent Christianity as a whole..... Hmmmm Wahabbism and Salafism are the Islam equivalent but that brand of crazy is funded by the wealthiest Middle Eastern country to the tune of billions. Saudi Arabia. But let's shake their hands and sign off on the biggest arms deal in modern history......... Ching Ching to the billions.
We stand against terrorism ..... Whilst subjecting our men to the frontline so we can finance the biggest terrorist state in history.
Why aren't we winning the war y#-o y#-o

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9043
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby Kurieuo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Melanie, I'm a Fundamentalist Christian, where does that place me?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18593
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby RickD » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Kurieuo wrote:Melanie, I'm a Fundamentalist Christian, where does that place me?

Fundamentalist Christians are ok. She said, "Fundamelislist" Christians are dangerous.
:D
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9043
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby Kurieuo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:59 pm

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Melanie, I'm a Fundamentalist Christian, where does that place me?

Fundamentalist Christians are ok. She said, "Fundamelislist" Christians are dangerous.
:D

Oh, sorry misread that. :oops:

PS. Welcome back Mel (don't be too hard on yourself you "fundaMELislist").
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18593
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby RickD » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:03 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Melanie, I'm a Fundamentalist Christian, where does that place me?

Fundamentalist Christians are ok. She said, "Fundamelislist" Christians are dangerous.
:D

Oh, sorry misread that. :oops:

PS. Welcome back Mel (don't be too hard on yourself you "fundaMELislist").

I think "Fundamentalist" becomes, "Fundamelislist", after a little too much wine. :lol:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 1457
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:36 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby jenna » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:26 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:Kent Hovind is my hero. Seriously. Anyone who can be such a complete and utter buffoon, and then go to jail for his buffoonery, and continue to blame everyone but himself, is one who I'd like to emulate.

Did u go to clown school by any chance?

i dont think he went to clown school. i think he may have invented it, though. :P
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 3111
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby Nessa » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:55 am

I dont think its fair or accurate to label fundamentalist groups as 'dangerous'.

Almost anything can be potentially dangerous as is making blanket statements.

User avatar
Stu
Senior Member
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Does Kent Hovind believe what he preach?

Postby Stu » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:14 am

RickD wrote:Kent Hovind is my hero. Seriously. Anyone who can be such a complete and utter buffoon, and then go to jail for his buffoonery, and continue to blame everyone but himself, is one who I'd like to emulate.


He has brought many people to the Lord, what have you done?

How is he a complete and utter buffoon?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.


Return to “Aberrant Christianity”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests