Oneness Pentecostalism

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Oneness Pentecostalism

Post by RickD »

For those not familiar with the Oneness Pentecostalism movement, here's a link with some info:
https://www.gospeloutreach.net/opgospel.html#conc

I pray that Oneness Pentecostals would be open to the one true gospel of Jesus Christ.

If anyone has more to add regarding this cult, please provide your input. Especially anyone who may have come out of the movement.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Oneness Pentecostalism

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:For those not familiar with the Oneness Pentecostalism movement, here's a link with some info:

I pray that Oneness Pentecostals would be open to the one true gospel of Jesus Christ.

If anyone has more to add regarding this cult, please provide your input. Especially anyone who may have come out of the movement.

This is just another example of the point I have made on here many of times and that is all false religions teach works for salvation. If anybody out there reads this I want you to pay attention and remember this. All false religions teach works for salvation. If you are ever told by any religious teaching that there are things you must do,you must follow these rules,live like this,do these things,etc,in order to be saved,justified,etc,if you are ever confronted with this kind of religious teaching and doctrine? Reject it and do not get involved in it.It is false religion. Put your faith in Jesus instead and ask him to save you and quide you instead.He died to save sinners and he rose again and he paid for your salvation in full,he already did for you what others do trying to save themselves with these false religious teachings.Put your faith in him,not your church or denomination.

Now having said this not all Pentecostals believe things like this and there is good teaching in Pentecostal churches.I consider myself a Bab-Costal half baptist and half Pentecostal.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD wrote:For those not familiar with the Oneness Pentecostalism movement, here's a link with some info:

Thanks for including that link. :esmile:
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

all have sinned, and come short of glory, so it possibly amounts to pulling tares, and creating an "us" and a "them," to generalize all OP adherents as "cultic," even if i would agree that the OP movement has deteriorated now, from Azusa St., as any establishment of men, who congregate, and then think to set rules down on paper, will. As has already been noted; there are good hearts in OP, too.

Of course an OP is just as adamant against these "works unto salvation," and will not recognize "altar works" as being "works," as opposed to "good deeds," which they also eschew for salvation, which is common. So a good thread might be one on "works" v "good deeds," which can appear to be the same thing, and i think causes quite a bit of confusion, as we are obviously commanded to do "works," works are what we must have, in order to build our Temples, but at the same time "works" do not save one.

So, it seems to me that the confusion lies in defining "works" as separate from "good deeds," which might look exactly the same--and are easily conflated--but be done from a different motive, a different heart.

also, one might reflect how different they actually are from an OP, in their beliefs, if they hold the doctrines that OPs hold; undifferentiated "works," as discussed, but also Rapture, Christ as God, even transubstantiation, ritual baptism, distorted understandings of speaking in tongues, glossololia instead of xenoglossy, etc.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

tbh, what drove me from OP was realizing that it is their leaders who are dishing the Holy Spirit (they say "Holy Ghost," which drives me nuts, too, crochet, :lol: ) at the UN, and it is their leaders who are placing hands of protection on Trump "to ward off concentrated satanic attack," i believe is the searchable phrase...and, lest i be misunderstood there, let me say that i think Trump is in office because God chose him to be, and we always get the leader that best represents the country. i pray for Trump, ok. but Hitler was also the leader that best represented Germany, then. not to be all doom and gloom here, i don't mean that, because even as the world seems to be going to hell in a handbasket, as i mentioned last night, the world is better now by any measure you care to name than even 100 years ago, even 50 years ago. even 10 years ago. As difficult as that is to admit. So iow even the things that we can see, the seen, could be characterized as going to hell, or improving, depending upon one's eyes.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

As posted on another thread... my 2 cents...
B. W. wrote:Isaiah 46:5, Deut 33:26, and Isaiah 46:9 all express there is none like God.

Isaiah 46:5 God tells this about himself, "To whom would you liken Me And make Me equal and compare Me, That we would be alike? " NASB

This means that God's Oneness is not like, nor can it be compared to the limited human concept of oneness at all. period.

God's oneness is unlike anything we can fully grasps. We may explore and uncover it in the bible and in nature but to fully grasp it - well - for now impossible to fully grasp.

Oneness Pentecostal concept of God reduces God's oneness into a form of oneness equal to to making God like any other form of oneness.

Now according to my understanding of oneness people many variations of teaching on this is: That God revealed himself as the Father in the Old Testament (OT). Then next, God revealed himself as Jesus. Then finally God reveal himself as the Holy Spirit.

So that you end up discovering that name of the God Father is Jesus, the name God is Jesus, and the name Holy Spirit is Jesus. In other words, God uses three names which reads like this: The Father Jesus Christ who appeared in the OT as the Father.

Appeared as the Lord Jesus Christ to deal with the sin issue, etc...

And is now known as the Lord Holy Spirit Jesus Christ...

Rather confusing but that is as simple as I can express all the variations of oneness Pentecostalism teaching on the subject.

Therefore, Oneness Pentecostals must wrestle with this:

Who did Jesus pray to in heaven while on earth?

If Jesus was pretending, or even using a form of ventriloquism, then that is dishonesty on God's part, an untruth, which if correct would mean God lies or tells untruths about who he really is.

That is why Oneness Pentecostalism falls into error as they do indeed make God alike one who lies...and is is dishonest.
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys