Ted Cruz father/Kenneth Copeland

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Ted Cruz father/Kenneth Copeland

Post by RickD »

I put this topic in Aberrant Christianity because of Kenneth Copeland.

I find this video extremely disturbing.

Thoughts?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
IceMobster
Christian: No

Re: Ted Cruz father/Kenneth Copeland

Post by IceMobster »

Seems as if these guys didn't listen to your advice in this thread. :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Um, what if he got it wrong? Delete the broadcast from rotation/from YT? What? I hope the next week he had a similar sense of Hillary and Bernie what's his name.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

RickD wrote:I put this topic in Aberrant Christianity because of Kenneth Copeland.

I find this video extremely disturbing.

Thoughts?
That's Ted's dad's business who he hangs out with, not Ted's, nor mine. In fact nothing I can do about my own family who they are friends with either.

The leftist media and pundits using it to attack-ridicule Christians on... Maybe the Trump Rally event 3-11-2016 will stop it from being heard and seen...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Woah. I watched a movie yesterday called The Jacket (2005) in which one of the mentally unstable patients is called Ted Cruz. Woah.
Coincidence??? I think not. :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

B. W. wrote:That's Ted's dad's business who he hangs out with, not Ted's, nor mine. In fact nothing I can do about my own family who they are friends with either.
That's a pretty weak dodge. It's not like Cruz and Copeland are just golf buddies or something. They're together, on stage, preaching about Ted Cruz. Ted's father has been campaigning for him, and his Birther and Dominionist nonsense are aimed at voters who support those things. He's acting as a representative for his son, so his beliefs and religious and political connections matter. It's not out of line to bring it up.

Anyway, the problem isn't the Rafael Cruz - Kenneth Copeland connection, it's that the message went beyond its intended audience and the rest of us heard it, too. That stuff might play well in the primaries, but it will turn and bite him in the general election, assuming that Cruz is a participant. Personally, I doubt he will be - if the RNC colludes to screw half their base and spurn Trump I think they're going to spurn Cruz at the same time. If it goes to a brokered convention I think Kasich has a shot, although that might shatter the GOP.
B. W. wrote:The leftist media and pundits using it to attack-ridicule Christians on...
First off, the media isn't leftist, it' corporate. Nothing remotely similar to FOX exists on the progressive side. Second, as I keep trying to tell you, it's erroneous to equate mocking one Christian individual with an attack on the entire religion and all of its adherents. The strange thing is that you're not even consistent about it. Jimmy Carter, for example, is undoubtedly a Christian, yet mocking him somehow fails to trigger your persecution alarm. Go figure...
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

How's your father Ed?

Do you agree with him one hundred percent of the time in all he did all throughout your life?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

Fine and no, not that it matters to the rest of you, since he's not acting as my surrogate during a presidential campaign. Are you really not seeing how my situation is different from Ted Jr's? Really?

Can someone else please explain this to B.W.? He never listens to me anyway.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

If I were running for president, and my dad was still alive, I sure wouldn't want my dad saying that God told him I was going to be president.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

If I were running for president, and my dad was still alive, I sure wouldn't want my dad saying that God told him I was going to be president.
Me EITHER!!! :pound: Else we'd have had him taken to an asylum, ASAP! Wasn't there already a King Richard? y:-?

I get real nervous whenever I hear that a person of influence (that wasn't a Prophet or Apostle) tells people that "God told me to do this or that." Notice how the proclamation always dovetails so neatly with whatever that person's agenda is.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Me EITHER!!! :pound: Else we'd have had him taken to an asylum, ASAP! Wasn't there already a King Richard? y:-?

I get real nervous whenever I hear that a person of influence (that wasn't a Prophet or Apostle) tells people that "God told me to do this or that." Notice how the proclamation always dovetails so neatly with whatever that person's agenda is.
This whole thing with Cruz's father just adds to what I was saying about Cruz coming across as a creepy televangelist type. Add Cruz's father as a false prophet to that list now.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Philip wrote:
Me EITHER!!! :pound: Else we'd have had him taken to an asylum, ASAP!
So glad I read this, now I know to definitely not to tell you anything that God tells me. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:
Philip wrote:
Me EITHER!!! :pound: Else we'd have had him taken to an asylum, ASAP!
So glad I read this, now I know to definitely not to tell you anything that God tells me. :P
Yes. Please keep it between yourself, and the voices in your head. :shock:

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I don't think it is going to work with what Cruz is doing taking delegates from Trump and being used by the Republican establishment to try to prevent Trump from gaining the 1237 of delegates so that there is a brokered convention. Behind the scenes for months now Roger Stone has knew these things were going to be done to try to steal the election away from Trump so underneath the radar pretty much he has been putting together a plan to stop it at the convention.

One thing he is calling for is as many Trump voters as can go to actually come to Cleveland at the convention.Roger Stone has never even once called for violence but this is about sheer power by the numbers of Trump voters that can make it to Cleveland. He will know who the delegates are and Trump voters can peacefully talk to these delegates and tell them about why they support Trump and ask them will their vote be counted,etc?They will have speeches also from the big named Trump supporters for the large crowd of Trump voters. It is a peaceful demonstration of how many people voted for Trump,not only for the delegates but the Republican establishment also.

But also Stone is investigating and documenting cases of voter fraud in several states because many people have complained and the polls cannot be off that much when Cruz wins.Anyway any for sure cases of vote fraud can also be used as leverage at the convention and lawsuits can be filed if need be.

The media though has caught on to Roger Stone's plan as is now trying to make him out to be a violent protester who is known for dirty politics and they are trying to put pressure on him and possibly try to ban him from the convention although I don't see how he has broke any law. However I really do not think it would stop Trump voters from going anyway.

So things are going to get interesting from a politics perspective and I think it could backfire on Cruz and the Republican establishment with what they are trying to do. Trump will not be denied his delegates without a peaceful political demonstration at the convention in Cleveland with as many Trump voters there as can go.He is telling people to take a bus,drive,fly,take a train,etc and come to Cleveland.

We are going to have to pay attention to how the media spins it and reports on it trying to make it into something it is not supposed to be.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

More on the heresy that Ted Cruz's father teaches.

End times transfer of wealth. Basically just another kind of prosperity teaching. Watch the video in the link.
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/ted-cruz ... of-wealth/

-Edward R Murrow