Kenneth Copeland, Jesse Duplantis on why they need a private jet

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Kenneth Copeland, Jesse Duplantis on why they need a private jet

Post by Silvertusk »

Kenneth Copland is a leading figure in the Word of Faith movement that included figures like Benny Hinn, Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, Peter Crouch, Todd Bentley, Crefo Dollar etc...

There are charlatans and heretics. They preach a false prosperity Gospel. A name it and claim it. They also teach a "small Gods" doctrine which is blasphemous. Some of their teachings are very mormonistic in approach such as reducing the divinity of Jesus, also limiting the power of God to what we ask of him. They are evil plain and simple.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:.
You got that right sister!
:pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

I think that there are always lessons to be learnt even in the failings of others.
Cause well perhaps we fall niot that far behind which I think Nessa was getting at.
As far as these blokes go....
I wouldn't trust them as far as could kick them
I grew up listening a great deal to these preachers. My nan had all their videos.
Joyce Meyer, Kenneth Coupland, Benny Hin ect
They lacked the same sincerity and integrity back then that they do now, they're just older and richer.
It's a travesty and a huge dissapointment that to so many that's the face of Christianity.
No wonder why people think of us like they do because that's our representation.
Coupled with the likes of Trump...When we allow that these types of public figures to define of faith then honestly no wonder we have credibility issues.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

A friend of mine once said, "People get the God they want".
He may be right.

I don't get how people follow these preachers, never understood the appeal.
Some goes for these "prosperity preachers" like Osteen.

But I guess for some, that is the God they want.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I don't like the word of faith movement that seems to dominate Christian television. It is a good thing that I know how to seperate the bad info from the good info. I can watch Christian Television and not all are apart of that but I know when they are right and when they are wrong biblically.When they start this "send your money and God will bless you with this" nonsense I know they have not read their bible enough. I wonder sometimes what they would do if Jesus told them to sell all they had and to help the poor like the rich young ruler what they would do. Remember Jesus said many that are first shall be last,and many that are last shall be first.Put your faith in Jesus not man.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

It seems like some people prefer to trust others with their "good works" rather than put in the time themselves maybe?
Now, I will be the first to admit that I certainly don't do as much as I feel I should.
I can give more, help more, certainly be there more for others BUT I don't think that giving money to others for THEM to do that is the answer...
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I think it's one thing to identify people by their "fruit" as Jesus taught (Matt 7:16-20), and another to not judge a brother by the speck in his own eye which Jesus also taught just a tad earlier (Matt 7:3-5).

Your points are relevant Nessa, we should self-examine ourselves and work on our own faults rather than always criticising others. At the same time, all of us here (including you) believe Copeland is wrong and being a poor representative of Christ. Indeed, I'd go so far as to say he's not merely being a poor representative but a charlatan and anti-Christ, just like a Benny Hinn.

Certainly, there's going to be commonality between their faults, and our faults to more/less degrees. After all, everyone sins. And we should self-reflect upon our own sins and certainly none of us are without sin. At the same time, we are actually to judge others in order to steer away ourselves and others from false leaders. And there are many tele-evangelists who I feel spiritually sickened by in my stomach. Then often their poor Christian theology and fruits displayed evidence to me why.

You're certainly thinking out of the box, and you've got a point, but perhaps just your application and trying to inject it in this context is just the wrong place for it. I'm sure otherwise RickD, and Jac, would agree with your sentiments that we should look at ourselves first. Raise a new thread about it. You're just trying to be too tricky perhaps here, leave such to tricky Ricky. ;) y>:D<
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Oh, I'd just read page 1 and saw there's since been a page 2. Oh well...
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote: You're certainly thinking out of the box, and you've got a point, but perhaps just your application and trying to inject it in this context is just the wrong place for it. I'm sure otherwise RickD, and Jac, would agree with your sentiments that we should look at ourselves first. Raise a new thread about it. You're just trying to be too tricky perhaps here, leave such to tricky Ricky. ;) y>:D<
Probably thinking out of the box I don't belong in ;)