Kenneth Copeland, Jesse Duplantis on why they need a private jet

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Kenneth Copeland, Jesse Duplantis on why they need a private jet

Post by RickD »

Here's a video with Kenneth Copeland and Jesse Duplantis, on why they NEED a private jet.
http://youtu.be/AdH2DGSXjss

And the really sad thing is that they have enough people conned into believing their BS, and giving them money, that they can afford private jets.

:shakehead:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Kenneth Copeland, Jesse Duplantis on why they need a private jet

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:Here's a video with Kenneth Copeland and Jesse Duplantis, on why they NEED a private jet.
http://youtu.be/AdH2DGSXjss

And the really sad thing is that they have enough people conned into believing their BS, and giving them money, that they can afford private jets.

:shakehead:
Im sure they also wanna take us for a ride too :ewink:
download (3).jpg
download (3).jpg (14.17 KiB) Viewed 5216 times
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Ok, I think when we start questioning their motives, we have to start questioning our own...

Could be as simple as jesus taking a 'walk' around our house....stopping to look at certain things...

Dont we all have our own 'jet plane'?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Or a 'walk' around the churches....

At our old church, we 'needed' a brand new spanking sound system, and who was helping pay for it? The poor in the church :econfused:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Ooh, Nessa, that sounded so spiritual, but Rick's criticism is valid. If they were being honest, they should just say, "Because flying commercial airlines totally sucks!" :lol: As they DO!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

They're fleecing the flock to the tune of millions of dollars. And they spend it on personal jets.

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this?

Obviously they think it's fine.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:They're fleecing the flock to the tune of millions of dollars. And they spend it on personal jets.

I dont think its ok, but my question is....

Shall we just try to fix a problem out there, or also try to fix the problem in here? (our own heart)

We need to let stuff like this challenge our own attitudes, and not just make us want to fix someone elses possible sin. Otherwise we are always going to be just going around fixing other people and there (poop).

Get the log first, speck second.

Fix both
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:They're fleecing the flock to the tune of millions of dollars. And they spend it on personal jets.

Shall we just try to fix a problem out there, or also try to fix the problem in here? (our own heart)

We need to let stuff like this challenge our own attitudes, and not just make us want to fix someone elses possible sin. Otherwise we are always going to be just going around fixing other people and there (poop).

Fix both
Are you on drugs? :shock:

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Fix both
Not yet, still got to pick them up :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Fix both

Well, hurry up then! 8-}2

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Fix both

Well, hurry up then! 8-}2
:running:
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Nessa wrote:Dont we all have our own 'jet plane'?
Not one that costs seven figures.

They're con men, plain and simple. I'm certainly not perfect, but I know that I'm no con man, and that's all the difference in the world.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Jac3510 wrote:
Nessa wrote:Dont we all have our own 'jet plane'?
Not one that costs seven figures.
Im not sure that God sees money in quite the same way the world sees it
They're con men, plain and simple. I'm certainly not perfect, but I know that I'm no con man, and that's all the difference in the world.
I never said what they are doing is right. Its not. And that you shouldnt do anything about it.

But instead of the temptation to just point the finger, why not use it as an oppotunity to challenge ourselves. The sins themselves are greed, self importance, lying, arrogance, coveting etc

Anyone relate to those sins?

Yes, they maybe con men, but what are we?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

You're either overthinking it or trying to be too spiritual. God may not have financial limitations, but we do. God makes it clear that He hates greed and those who oppose the poor/fleece His sheep. And, yes, stealing $1000 from the poor is worse than stealing $10, and stealing $1,000,000 from them is worse still. We're not doing anybody any favors by saying, "Oh, but what about our OWN sins?!?"

I can walk and chew gum at the same time. What they are doing is objectively evil and ought to be condemned without apology. It doesn't need to be couched in terms of how bad I am, too. I know I'm a sinner. That doesn't change the fact that what they are doing is sin. It's not judgmental to call sin by its name, it isn't helpful or righteous to talk about your own faults and failures while you oppose the wickedness in this world.

Obviously, there is a time to call attention to our own failures, to repent of our sins. There's also a time to simply point at evil and be horrified at what it is and to call it by its name. And THAT is what we have in this case. It is unqualified evil. Those are con men, getting rich on the backs of poor Christians. They deceive them for their own ill gotten gain and flaunt their riches in the faces of others. They mock God and His Word and deserve absolutely nothing less than our utter contempt, disgust, and prayers for divine vengeance. They are a blot of the face of Christianity, and we do well to call out those liars and heretics for what they are.

Here, I'll just let Peter explain this:
  • But these, like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed, blaspheming about matters of which they are ignorant, will also be destroyed in their destruction, suffering wrong as the wage for their wrongdoing. They count it pleasure to revel in the daytime. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their deceptions, while they feast with you. They have eyes full of adultery, insatiable for sin. They entice unsteady souls. They have hearts trained in greed. Accursed children! Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing, but was rebuked for his own transgression; a speechless donkey spoke with human voice and restrained the prophet's madness. (2 Pet 2:12-16, ESV)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »