World Mission Society Church of God

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
LittleHamster
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

World Mission Society Church of God

Post by LittleHamster »

Last edited by LittleHamster on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: World Mission Society Church of God

Post by 1over137 »

Once they stopped me on the street, showed me some presentation on iPad. I then had some questions and then gave them link to this forum.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

1over137 wrote:Once they stopped me on the street, showed me some presentation on iPad. I then had some questions and then gave them link to this forum.

Ahh yes, I remember the IPad too! I was expecting the dreaded "Pamphlets-out-of-the-hand-bag" routine but was thrown a little bit by the IPad appearing.

Technologically advanced, they are.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

From your wiki link:
The Church believes that all human beings were originally created as angels in Heaven. When in Heaven they sinned against God and were sent to the earth as a second chance to return to God. They believe that the only way for humans to return to heaven is by keeping the Passover with bread and wine (Jesus' flesh and blood) and following the teachings of the Bible, as taught by Ahn Sahng-hong, which include believing in God the Mother, who is the Bride to give them life in the last days.[14]
:fruitcake: :cuckoo:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

RickD wrote:From your wiki link:
The Church believes that all human beings were originally created as angels in Heaven. When in Heaven they sinned against God and were sent to the earth as a second chance to return to God. They believe that the only way for humans to return to heaven is by keeping the Passover with bread and wine (Jesus' flesh and blood) and following the teachings of the Bible, as taught by Ahn Sahng-hong, which include believing in God the Mother, who is the Bride to give them life in the last days.[14]
:fruitcake: :cuckoo:
It is based on works,so it is a false religion,this is how you peg a false religion they all teach works for salvation,you must join our club and follow these laws and rules and if you do these things everything will be alright and it won't if you don't.
The truth is there is nothing man can do to save himself the only way to heaven is to be saved by Jesus,there is no other way to heaven.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Last edited by LittleHamster on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

LittleHamster wrote:I recently got some door knockers from another strange denomination. It originated from South Korea and was founded by Ahn_Sahng-hong. They believe in "God the Mother" (or Mother God) as well as "God the Father" (Father God).

They were very polite but I think I scared them away with my own doctrinal babbling.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Mis ... rch_of_God

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahn_Sahng-hong
Yes, they knocked on my door too, and my wife took them in.

Then they refused to discuss further until she was baptised because otherwise she'd never see the truth.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)