Jewish Roots Movement

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
User avatar
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby Danieltwotwenty » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:09 pm

Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I wish we had a Rabbi here because this is something that is going to bug me now, I suppose I could go ask the question on the Jewish forum on Reddit, but they can be very hostile over there.

Should look for an orthodox Jewish website and ask a Rabbi. I asked one a question once, about setting up the nation of Israel and the like, details I weren't sure of.

He was quite forthcoming. Interestingly, when I put forward his views somewhere here, I got called anti-semitic or something the like, that there was no distinction to be made with Zionists who "wrongly" took back their homelands, and orthodox Jews who see such was wrong because the Messiah promised was meant to be the one who lead them back into their land after which there would be a time of peace.


:lol: I bet I know who it was.

Yes, I believe it was around the same time you decided to take a vacation from this board. ;)


I just read back through the thread, what a nightmare!! I am a sucker for punishment.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4250
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby abelcainsbrother » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Interesting, what I didn't get from the articles was their justification for ceasing sacrifices, it was saying that because God has not provided a new place to sacrifice that they can't make it the way it was commanded. This makes no sense, were theynot making burnt offerings before the temple, what about the binding of Isaac or the many other offerings that were made in mountain tops, couldn't they just go to those mountains and make the offering there, as God has already given permission for the practice to be carried out there? Unless I missed something??


Seems like you now understand why I said what I did.But instead of encouraging them to go where Isaac was almost sacrificed.try convincing them about God's answer to the problem they have. You see God was a blood covenant God back then but still is thanks to God's Blood.

God's Blood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fcjr233-JM
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
JButler
Established Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 10:36 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby JButler » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:51 am

Rabbi Joseph Shulam (Messianic Jew) speaks directly about the HRM types at 25:00 in this lecture. Overall I found his lecture interesting and learned a few things like paying attention to the pronouns Paul uses.

Also, around the 26:40 he states specifically (using Paul) WHY you should not try to convert. "It waters down the work of the Messiah".

Mmmm the Youtube feature didn't want to work so here's a hot link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzEXU5dzTxw
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 9025
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby Kurieuo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:58 am

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I wish we had a Rabbi here because this is something that is going to bug me now, I suppose I could go ask the question on the Jewish forum on Reddit, but they can be very hostile over there.

Should look for an orthodox Jewish website and ask a Rabbi. I asked one a question once, about setting up the nation of Israel and the like, details I weren't sure of.

He was quite forthcoming. Interestingly, when I put forward his views somewhere here, I got called anti-semitic or something the like, that there was no distinction to be made with Zionists who "wrongly" took back their homelands, and orthodox Jews who see such was wrong because the Messiah promised was meant to be the one who lead them back into their land after which there would be a time of peace.


:lol: I bet I know who it was.

Yes, I believe it was around the same time you decided to take a vacation from this board. ;)


I just read back through the thread, what a nightmare!! I am a sucker for punishment.

Then again, you don't need to ask a Rabbi about what I had confirmed several years back. Here's clear evidence that Orthodox Jews and are quite against Zionists, in fact it is quite common knowledge it seems, but how many Christians understand today?


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stXmwURzwAU

and the schism evident between a Zionist and Orthodox:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMkkSJCJjys
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image

User avatar
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby Danieltwotwenty » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:06 am

A lot of my family are Jewish and unfortunately are also Zionists, they also fight in the Israeli army and actually see women and children as the enemy. It's a pretty sad state of affairs, and they cannot be reasoned with, I guess one is not rational once you have devalued life in that way.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18463
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby RickD » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:05 am

Danieltwotwenty wrote:A lot of my family are Jewish and unfortunately are also Zionists, they also fight in the Israeli army and actually see women and children as the enemy. It's a pretty sad state of affairs, and they cannot be reasoned with, I guess one is not rational once you have devalued life in that way.

I don't know why anyone would possibly see women and children as the enemy. It's not like women and children have bomb vests strapped to themselves, right?

And it's not like they're taught from a young age, to hate Jews, right?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby Danieltwotwenty » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:32 pm

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:A lot of my family are Jewish and unfortunately are also Zionists, they also fight in the Israeli army and actually see women and children as the enemy. It's a pretty sad state of affairs, and they cannot be reasoned with, I guess one is not rational once you have devalued life in that way.

I don't know why anyone would possibly see women and children as the enemy. It's not like women and children have bomb vests strapped to themselves, right?

And it's not like they're taught from a young age, to hate Jews, right?


For the large majority they are not, no.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18463
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby RickD » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:42 pm

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:A lot of my family are Jewish and unfortunately are also Zionists, they also fight in the Israeli army and actually see women and children as the enemy. It's a pretty sad state of affairs, and they cannot be reasoned with, I guess one is not rational once you have devalued life in that way.

I don't know why anyone would possibly see women and children as the enemy. It's not like women and children have bomb vests strapped to themselves, right?

And it's not like they're taught from a young age, to hate Jews, right?


For the large majority they are not, no.

So, it's not rational for a soldier in any army, to think that women and children are enemies, first, until proven otherwise, because women and children have shown that they will kill just as easily as men?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby Danieltwotwenty » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:01 pm

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:A lot of my family are Jewish and unfortunately are also Zionists, they also fight in the Israeli army and actually see women and children as the enemy. It's a pretty sad state of affairs, and they cannot be reasoned with, I guess one is not rational once you have devalued life in that way.

I don't know why anyone would possibly see women and children as the enemy. It's not like women and children have bomb vests strapped to themselves, right?

And it's not like they're taught from a young age, to hate Jews, right?


For the large majority they are not, no.

So, it's not rational for a soldier in any army, to think that women and children are enemies, first, until proven otherwise, because women and children have shown that they will kill just as easily as men?



Well the one who said it is not a combat soldier, they work as a medic/doctor in a hospital.......................

So you are saying that just because a small minority of women and children have been used as weapons either willingly or unwillingly that we now must tar all women and children as the same?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18463
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby RickD » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:A lot of my family are Jewish and unfortunately are also Zionists, they also fight in the Israeli army and actually see women and children as the enemy. It's a pretty sad state of affairs, and they cannot be reasoned with, I guess one is not rational once you have devalued life in that way.

I don't know why anyone would possibly see women and children as the enemy. It's not like women and children have bomb vests strapped to themselves, right?

And it's not like they're taught from a young age, to hate Jews, right?


For the large majority they are not, no.

So, it's not rational for a soldier in any army, to think that women and children are enemies, first, until proven otherwise, because women and children have shown that they will kill just as easily as men?



Well the one who said it is not a combat soldier, they work as a medic/doctor in a hospital.......................

So you are saying that just because a small minority of women and children have been used as weapons either willingly or unwillingly that we now must tar all women and children as the same?

Did you suddenly lose the ability to understand logic?

First, you said, "they also fight in the Israeli army". Then you say that the one who said it isn't a combat soldier. Which one is it? A person can't fight and not fight.

Second,
As a soldier who needs to protect lives of his/her fellow soldiers, he needs to be safe, not politically correct. And if that means assuming someone will harm you first, until otherwise proven, then that's the way a soldier has to be. One wouldn't be a very good soldier, and probably wouldn't be alive too long, if he assumed all women and children weren't going to kill him, until proven otherwise.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby Danieltwotwenty » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:25 pm

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:I don't know why anyone would possibly see women and children as the enemy. It's not like women and children have bomb vests strapped to themselves, right?

And it's not like they're taught from a young age, to hate Jews, right?


For the large majority they are not, no.

So, it's not rational for a soldier in any army, to think that women and children are enemies, first, until proven otherwise, because women and children have shown that they will kill just as easily as men?



Well the one who said it is not a combat soldier, they work as a medic/doctor in a hospital.......................

So you are saying that just because a small minority of women and children have been used as weapons either willingly or unwillingly that we now must tar all women and children as the same?

Did you suddenly lose the ability to understand logic?

First, you said, "they also fight in the Israeli army". Then you say that the one who said it isn't a combat soldier. Which one is it? A person can't fight and not fight.

Second,
As a soldier who needs to protect lives of his/her fellow soldiers, he needs to be safe, not politically correct. And if that means assuming someone will harm you first, until otherwise proven, then that's the way a soldier has to be. One wouldn't be a very good soldier, and probably wouldn't be alive too long, if he assumed all women and children weren't going to kill him, until proven otherwise.


Some of them do fight Rick, some do not, but for the sake of being brief I lumped it all into the same sentence, obviously this was a mistake as it caused you some confusion.

So you think it is ok to presume all people in Palestine are combatants and that you can kill will nilly?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18463
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby RickD » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:30 pm

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
For the large majority they are not, no.

So, it's not rational for a soldier in any army, to think that women and children are enemies, first, until proven otherwise, because women and children have shown that they will kill just as easily as men?



Well the one who said it is not a combat soldier, they work as a medic/doctor in a hospital.......................

So you are saying that just because a small minority of women and children have been used as weapons either willingly or unwillingly that we now must tar all women and children as the same?

Did you suddenly lose the ability to understand logic?

First, you said, "they also fight in the Israeli army". Then you say that the one who said it isn't a combat soldier. Which one is it? A person can't fight and not fight.

Second,
As a soldier who needs to protect lives of his/her fellow soldiers, he needs to be safe, not politically correct. And if that means assuming someone will harm you first, until otherwise proven, then that's the way a soldier has to be. One wouldn't be a very good soldier, and probably wouldn't be alive too long, if he assumed all women and children weren't going to kill him, until proven otherwise.


Some of them do fight Rick, some do not, but for the sake of being brief I lumped it all into the same sentence, obviously this was a mistake as it caused you some confusion.

So you think it is ok to presume all people in Palestine are combatants and that you can kill will nilly?

What? You're serious?

How did it get from assuming Palestinian women and children are the enemy, for safety sake, to being able to kill anyone they want? How could your mind possibly make that connection?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby Danieltwotwenty » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:37 pm

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:So, it's not rational for a soldier in any army, to think that women and children are enemies, first, until proven otherwise, because women and children have shown that they will kill just as easily as men?



Well the one who said it is not a combat soldier, they work as a medic/doctor in a hospital.......................

So you are saying that just because a small minority of women and children have been used as weapons either willingly or unwillingly that we now must tar all women and children as the same?

Did you suddenly lose the ability to understand logic?

First, you said, "they also fight in the Israeli army". Then you say that the one who said it isn't a combat soldier. Which one is it? A person can't fight and not fight.

Second,
As a soldier who needs to protect lives of his/her fellow soldiers, he needs to be safe, not politically correct. And if that means assuming someone will harm you first, until otherwise proven, then that's the way a soldier has to be. One wouldn't be a very good soldier, and probably wouldn't be alive too long, if he assumed all women and children weren't going to kill him, until proven otherwise.


Some of them do fight Rick, some do not, but for the sake of being brief I lumped it all into the same sentence, obviously this was a mistake as it caused you some confusion.

So you think it is ok to presume all people in Palestine are combatants and that you can kill will nilly?

What? You're serious?

How did it get from assuming Palestinian women and children are the enemy, for safety sake, to being able to kill anyone they want? How could your mind possibly make that connection?



Because that is the outcome of this particular mindset of seeing everyone as the enemy, we also see the reality of this happening, unarmed women and children are shot by Israeli soldiers on a daily basis, just for going about their day to day business. Children are even used as human shields.

Image


My family see all Palestinians as the enemy, they want them eradicated like vermin, they don't believe there can be peace until they are all dead.

I won't post more pictures as they are just too graphic but I will leave a link.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=pale ... oQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=palestinian+child+killed
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18463
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby RickD » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:35 pm

Ah, this again.

What does this have to do with the topic?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Posts: 2879
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Aussie Land

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Postby Danieltwotwenty » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:20 am

RickD wrote:Ah, this again.

What does this have to do with the topic?


It has nothing to do with the topic, but you took it there. I was just agreeing with K on the dangers of Zionism.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.


Return to “Aberrant Christianity”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest