Jewish Roots Movement

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Jewish Roots Movement

Post by abelcainsbrother »

One thing that has always bothered me about Jews who try to keep the OT laws is that there is really no way that can be done today without animal sacrifices,which requires a temple and ark of the covenant.Hebrews 9:12-14,Hebrews 9:19-22. There is Noway they can keep the law anyway,but why even try when you know you can't?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

abelcainsbrother wrote:One thing that has always bothered me about Jews who try to keep the OT laws is that there is really no way that can be done today without animal sacrifices,which requires a temple and ark of the covenant.Hebrews 9:12-14,Hebrews 9:19-22. There is Noway they can keep the law anyway,but why even try when you know you can't?
Correct!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

B. W. wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:Just curious B. W.,

Other than our former moderator, do you know anyone else who may be involved with this group?

I know of another member here, who shows signs of possibly being in something like this, but I don't know for sure.
Yes, sometimes I wonder about B.W. too. That's who you had in mind right?
(he's just trying to raise the issue, so he can introduce it... all a cover)
Gee whiz Batman, holy memory issue, I forgot all about this subject!

I see the Joker lurking about but he changed his clown face I see....
I know you took over B.W.'s account Gman. Come out, in Jesus name!
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

B. W. wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:One thing that has always bothered me about Jews who try to keep the OT laws is that there is really no way that can be done today without animal sacrifices,which requires a temple and ark of the covenant.Hebrews 9:12-14,Hebrews 9:19-22. There is Noway they can keep the law anyway,but why even try when you know you can't?
Correct!
-
-
-

I would like to hear from a Jewish Rabbi before saying that was correct, I am not saying it is wrong but maybe there is something we have missed? Didn't they follow the law before there was a temple built?
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Correct!

I would like to hear from a Jewish Rabbi before saying that was correct, I am not saying it is wrong but maybe there is something we have missed? Didn't they follow the law before there was a temple built?
A Rabbi who is traditional will say - keep the law to be right in God's sight and hope for the best you make it to paradise...

Jesus, the only true Rabbi said John 3:16... so please feel free to take your pick :)

Now the problem with the law is that legalism develops and one soon relies on the law to be made righteous in God's sight. Paul writes in Romans chapter Seven that the purpose of the law was to reveal sin. So, the law is doing what it was designed to do, expose religious hubris so one repents of it and runs to Christ alone to be right in God's sight.

The Law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, Gal 3:24, 25.

The Law is also the shadow /sign/symbols pointing to the reality of Jesus in the laws concerning the feast days, new moons and Sabbaths, Col 2:16,17, and these were not the means to stay saved or earn brownie points with God or lord it over others because one keeps the feast and another does not. Again the Law exposes sin - religious pride.

The Law is good and holy when it is used to expose sin so folks actually do 1 John 1:9 instead of rely on one's own self righteousness so often used to prove God has favorites, dividing the Church and cause people to be enslaved to traditions and control of men.

In Fact Proverbs 3:5,6,7,8 reveal this concept too:

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
Pro 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
Pro 3:7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
Pro 3:8 It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones. NKJV

-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Sorry I think you misunderstood what I was saying, I already realise what legalism is and I don't agree with it. I was just saying in reference to the temple not being there and still following the law, that I want to hear what an actual Rabbi says about it and not what we think about it, especially in light of the fact that they followed the law before the temple was even built in the first place, so to me it would seem natural they they would continue on as normal and not outlandish at all.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Sorry I think you misunderstood what I was saying, I already realise what legalism is and I don't agree with it. I was just saying in reference to the temple not being there and still following the law, that I want to hear what an actual Rabbi says about it and not what we think about it, especially in light of the fact that they followed the law before the temple was even built in the first place, so to me it would seem natural they they would continue on as normal and not outlandish at all.
Looks like I misunderstood you too, sorry about that :wave:

So take a look at this site link and see what they believe and how they handle what you asked this should help!

http://www.jewfaq.org/qorbanot.htm

As you can see from the article, they go to great lengths to justify not keep the blood sacrifice mentioned in the Torah by means of reasoning it not important.

Then this site a

http://www.beingjewish.com/unchanged/sacrifices.html

I can post more and they differ on so points but they all argue against Christianity concept of the atonement.

However for a counter....

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Articl ... ement.html

Enjoy the reads!
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Interesting, what I didn't get from the articles was their justification for ceasing sacrifices, it was saying that because God has not provided a new place to sacrifice that they can't make it the way it was commanded. This makes no sense, were theynot making burnt offerings before the temple, what about the binding of Isaac or the many other offerings that were made in mountain tops, couldn't they just go to those mountains and make the offering there, as God has already given permission for the practice to be carried out there? Unless I missed something??
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Interesting, what I didn't get from the articles was their justification for ceasing sacrifices, it was saying that because God has not provided a new place to sacrifice that they can't make it the way it was commanded. This makes no sense, were theynot making burnt offerings before the temple, what about the binding of Isaac or the many other offerings that were made in mountain tops, couldn't they just go to those mountains and make the offering there, as God has already given permission for the practice to be carried out there? Unless I missed something??
No, you are not missing anything and glad you see the inconsistency of what a current Rabbi would say.
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I wish we had a Rabbi here because this is something that is going to bug me now, I suppose I could go ask the question on the Jewish forum on Reddit, but they can be very hostile over there.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I wish we had a Rabbi here because this is something that is going to bug me now, I suppose I could go ask the question on the Jewish forum on Reddit, but they can be very hostile over there.
Be careful at that Reddit forum. They don't take kindly to liberals.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I wish we had a Rabbi here because this is something that is going to bug me now, I suppose I could go ask the question on the Jewish forum on Reddit, but they can be very hostile over there.
Be careful at that Reddit forum. They don't take kindly to liberals.
Only on the subreddit /r/TrueChristian :pound:
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Should look for an orthodox Jewish website and ask a Rabbi. I asked one a question once, about setting up the nation of Israel and the like, details I weren't sure of.

He was quite forthcoming. Interestingly, when I put forward his views somewhere here, I got called anti-semitic or something the like, that there was no distinction to be made with Zionists who "wrongly" took back their homelands, and orthodox Jews who see such was wrong because the Messiah promised was meant to be the one who lead them back into their land after which there would be a time of peace.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:
Should look for an orthodox Jewish website and ask a Rabbi. I asked one a question once, about setting up the nation of Israel and the like, details I weren't sure of.

He was quite forthcoming. Interestingly, when I put forward his views somewhere here, I got called anti-semitic or something the like, that there was no distinction to be made with Zionists who "wrongly" took back their homelands, and orthodox Jews who see such was wrong because the Messiah promised was meant to be the one who lead them back into their land after which there would be a time of peace.
:lol: I bet I know who it was.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:

:lol: I bet I know who it was.
Yes, I believe it was around the same time you decided to take a vacation from this board. ;)