Hebrew Roots Movement

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Hebrew Roots Movement

Post by B. W. »

I would suggest folks to do a search on google, yahoo, on Hebrew Roots Movement and you will find a lot of details there.

It is easier to have faith in what you can do rather than what Jesus has done and these groups spin off into a works mentality and pride issues to numerous to go thru here.

Responding to such folks, I remind them that there is neither slave, or free, greek, or Jew but all believers are one with Jesus and that Jesus came and made one new man from both gentile and jew and that is one new person, not a new Pharisaical jew.

This type of thing was going on in the first century church and cause Paul to comment on it in Galatians and elsewhere too. I know of people who got caught up in this stuff and latter crashed and burned because of it. They went thru a crisis in faith, yet, they have come thru the fire the better for it becoming stronger and wiser Christians who help others avoid this subtle heady legalism.

In these last days, there will be deceivers out there just as the bible predicted and these will intensify the closer to Jesus's advents...

Blessings!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Hebrew Roots Movement

Post by abelcainsbrother »

More than works.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EoVWo7YeO4w

Also Galatians 2:21
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.