Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby PaulSacramento » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:33 am

RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:So, we are coming up on the JW's Memeorial.
This is the JW verision of The Lord's Supper, where they remember our Lord's commandment to "eat this for this is my bod, drink this for this is my blood".
Of course, where as in the rest of Christianity anyone that wishes to partake can, in the JW's only the annointed can, while everyone else just looks on.
The plate with the bread and wine is passed around the whole congregation and people just look at it ( and typically pray) but do not partake.

It is a sad and very depressing experience to be honest and I will be there with my mom ( biting my lip not to say something) as I have been since my Dad got sick and this will be the first memorial since his death last year April 12th.
It's gonna be tougher than usual for both of us, but I have to be there for her.

It breaks my heart to see this event, add to that they don't even celebrate the resurrection, seeing the memorial as more important than the resurrection.

You Canadians have weird religious customs. :mrgreen:

All kidding aside, It probably means a lot to your Mom. You can feel better knowing you are there with her for support.

Yeah, that's why I am doing it.
Real depressing though...

Is it depressing because of the ritual, or because it brings back memories of your Dad?

Since my mom passed away in May of last year, I have random reminders of her that are quite depressing. At the time when she died, my sister was an emotional mess, but it didn't me too hard. I don't like that. I feel like I may be subconsciously suppressing my emotions. Same thing happened when my dad died 5 years ago. I told myself I was holding myself together for my mom and sister.

With that being said, maybe going will help you, not just your Mom.

Not because of my Dad, because of the ritual.
How only the "annotated" are allowed, even though there is no restrictions in the NT.
Everyone just sits there watching the "special ones" partake because Christ died only for them ( the anointed).
No speaks of His resurrection, they just mention how only the anointed have a chance to go to heaven and so forth.

I just hate rituals that fly in the face of explicit biblical testimony.

The body and blood of Christ is for ALL believers, for all those that put their faith in Him.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Postby PaulSacramento » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:37 am

It is the one thing that drives me the most crazy about the JW religion, how they downplay the resurrection.
Boggles the mind.

As Paul said, "If Christ was not raised from the dead, we preach a false Gospel".

Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.

Paul didn't say "if there was no Lord's supper" or anything like that.

AL of Christianity, our Salvation, hinges on ONE single event:
The resurrection.

RickD
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Day-Age

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:45 am

Their "jesus" isn't even God. He's Michael the archangel. The resurrection is pretty irrelevant when they're worshiping a false jesus.

Maybe you shouldn't go to the Memorial. Either that, or when they are doing the ritual, stand up and start reading resurrection passages from the bible. See how long it takes before they forcibly remove you.(you can use your martial arts). Just think of it as a good way to keep up your training.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Postby PaulSacramento » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:08 am

RickD wrote:Their "jesus" isn't even God. He's Michael the archangel. The resurrection is pretty irrelevant when they're worshiping a false jesus.

Maybe you shouldn't go to the Memorial. Either that, or when they are doing the ritual, stand up and start reading resurrection passages from the bible. See how long it takes before they forcibly remove you.(you can use your martial arts). Just think of it as a good way to keep up your training.

LMAO !

Thanks dude, I needed that.
You're a good friend.

RickD
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Day-Age

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:04 pm

PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:Their "jesus" isn't even God. He's Michael the archangel. The resurrection is pretty irrelevant when they're worshiping a false jesus.

LMAO !

Thanks dude, I needed that.
You're a good friend.

Hey, I just try to give real world, practical advice. ;)
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:43 am

You should take the communion, man! See what they say! Maybe they'll fly you out to Brooklyn with the other elect.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Postby PaulSacramento » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:13 am

Rob wrote:You should take the communion, man! See what they say! Maybe they'll fly you out to Brooklyn with the other elect.

LMAO !
Maybe dude, maybe.

LittleHamster
Established Member

Postby LittleHamster » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:47 pm

About 900 JW's die every year due to refusing a blood transfusion......

http://www.krev.info/library/pocetumrti.pdf.

Recently, a pregnant woman refused a blood transfusion resulting in the woman and baby dying. Sad.

I hope there are no 'JW Hospitals' in existence.

Return to “Aberrant Christianity”