Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7989
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby PaulSacramento » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:33 am

RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:So, we are coming up on the JW's Memeorial.
This is the JW verision of The Lord's Supper, where they remember our Lord's commandment to "eat this for this is my bod, drink this for this is my blood".
Of course, where as in the rest of Christianity anyone that wishes to partake can, in the JW's only the annointed can, while everyone else just looks on.
The plate with the bread and wine is passed around the whole congregation and people just look at it ( and typically pray) but do not partake.

It is a sad and very depressing experience to be honest and I will be there with my mom ( biting my lip not to say something) as I have been since my Dad got sick and this will be the first memorial since his death last year April 12th.
It's gonna be tougher than usual for both of us, but I have to be there for her.

It breaks my heart to see this event, add to that they don't even celebrate the resurrection, seeing the memorial as more important than the resurrection.

You Canadians have weird religious customs. :mrgreen:

All kidding aside, It probably means a lot to your Mom. You can feel better knowing you are there with her for support.


Yeah, that's why I am doing it.
Real depressing though...

Is it depressing because of the ritual, or because it brings back memories of your Dad?

Since my mom passed away in May of last year, I have random reminders of her that are quite depressing. At the time when she died, my sister was an emotional mess, but it didn't me too hard. I don't like that. I feel like I may be subconsciously suppressing my emotions. Same thing happened when my dad died 5 years ago. I told myself I was holding myself together for my mom and sister.

With that being said, maybe going will help you, not just your Mom.

Not because of my Dad, because of the ritual.
How only the "annotated" are allowed, even though there is no restrictions in the NT.
Everyone just sits there watching the "special ones" partake because Christ died only for them ( the anointed).
No speaks of His resurrection, they just mention how only the anointed have a chance to go to heaven and so forth.

I just hate rituals that fly in the face of explicit biblical testimony.

The body and blood of Christ is for ALL believers, for all those that put their faith in Him.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7989
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby PaulSacramento » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:37 am

It is the one thing that drives me the most crazy about the JW religion, how they downplay the resurrection.
Boggles the mind.

As Paul said, "If Christ was not raised from the dead, we preach a false Gospel".


Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.


Paul didn't say "if there was no Lord's supper" or anything like that.

AL of Christianity, our Salvation, hinges on ONE single event:
The resurrection.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18413
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:45 am

Their "jesus" isn't even God. He's Michael the archangel. The resurrection is pretty irrelevant when they're worshiping a false jesus.

Maybe you shouldn't go to the Memorial. Either that, or when they are doing the ritual, stand up and start reading resurrection passages from the bible. See how long it takes before they forcibly remove you.(you can use your martial arts). Just think of it as a good way to keep up your training.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7989
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby PaulSacramento » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:08 am

RickD wrote:Their "jesus" isn't even God. He's Michael the archangel. The resurrection is pretty irrelevant when they're worshiping a false jesus.

Maybe you shouldn't go to the Memorial. Either that, or when they are doing the ritual, stand up and start reading resurrection passages from the bible. See how long it takes before they forcibly remove you.(you can use your martial arts). Just think of it as a good way to keep up your training.

LMAO !

Thanks dude, I needed that.
You're a good friend.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18413
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby RickD » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:04 pm

PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:Their "jesus" isn't even God. He's Michael the archangel. The resurrection is pretty irrelevant when they're worshiping a false jesus.

Maybe you shouldn't go to the Memorial. Either that, or when they are doing the ritual, stand up and start reading resurrection passages from the bible. See how long it takes before they forcibly remove you.(you can use your martial arts). Just think of it as a good way to keep up your training.

LMAO !

Thanks dude, I needed that.
You're a good friend.

Hey, I just try to give real world, practical advice. ;)
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Rob
Valued Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:26 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:43 am

You should take the communion, man! See what they say! Maybe they'll fly you out to Brooklyn with the other elect.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7989
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby PaulSacramento » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:13 am

Rob wrote:You should take the communion, man! See what they say! Maybe they'll fly you out to Brooklyn with the other elect.

LMAO !
Maybe dude, maybe.

User avatar
LittleHamster
Established Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:00 am
Christian: Yes

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby LittleHamster » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:47 pm

About 900 JW's die every year due to refusing a blood transfusion......

http://www.krev.info/library/pocetumrti.pdf.

Recently, a pregnant woman refused a blood transfusion resulting in the woman and baby dying. Sad.

I hope there are no 'JW Hospitals' in existence.

Blessed
Established Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:01 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Location: Los Angeles, Florida, Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby Blessed » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:18 pm

The 144,000

Why it's preached. How it's mathmatically possible.

144,000 of the Trillions of human beings which have existed on this planet (only God knows where else considering the evidence provided by the Hubble space telescope) and the universe, are going to heaven, and everyone else is going to hell...

Why is this presented at door visits when it's so so discouraging.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7989
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby PaulSacramento » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:20 am

Blessed wrote:The 144,000

Why it's preached. How it's mathmatically possible.

144,000 of the Trillions of human beings which have existed on this planet (only God knows where else considering the evidence provided by the Hubble space telescope) and the universe, are going to heaven, and everyone else is going to hell...

Why is this presented at door visits when it's so so discouraging.


12000 from the 12 tribes.

It's a metaphorical number that is analogous to the choosing of the 12 from the 12 tribes of Israel by Joshua.

For the JW's it means that ONLY those 144K will be in Heaven while the rest of the JW's will NOT be in hell but have paradise on Earth.
It is a doctrine that contrasts the heavenly promise to the anointed with the earthly promise to the faithful.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Technical Admin
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia

Re: Any questions about JWs I will answer it

Postby Kurieuo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:24 pm

Just like similar numbers in Revelation 21:14-16 with the 12 Apostles of the Lamb being the foundations of the kingdom, which is 12,000 furlongs and the walls of which are 144 cubits. Clearly such numbers are symbolic of the whole kingdom rather than to be literally understood as x amount.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

___________________

Image


Return to “Aberrant Christianity”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests