WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
LostTribesNotLost
Familiar Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:58 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby LostTribesNotLost » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:00 pm

http://www.orange-street-church.org/tex ... ration.htm
Migrations of the Lost Tribes of Israel
by F.M. Nithsdale

One of the difficulties in introducing British Israel teaching to newcomers is to answer the question, "How did the Israelites get from Palestine to Britain?" - followed by, "What historical proof is there?" We are usually told, that if our contention is correct then, surely professional archaeologists and historians would have discovered and published these things.

We must admit that there are an increasing number of books on archaeology and ancient history available these days. Few if any, make a connection between peoples living in Palestine in Biblical times and peoples living in the British Isles, either before or after the days of Jesus.

Two very important points must be made before we can start our investigation. Firstly, we must bear in mind that it is the will of Almighty God that the ten-tribed House of Israel should be "lost", and should lose their identity until such times as He would reveal their whereabouts. Secondly, we can say that many learned scholars over the last 150 years HAVE researched these things and published many books giving their findings and conclusions - that the "Ten Lost Tribes" now dwell in North West Europe, especially the British Isles. It is to be regretted that some early writers on the "Identity" did rather let their imaginations run away with them − allowing sceptical scholars and critics to dismiss the subject on the grounds that it has no firm foundation in historical fact. Nevertheless, there is a great deal of collated evidence on this subject in British Israel literature such as "The Bible Research Handbook".

However, archaeology and history are on-going disciplines and new insights are being discovered, as witness the increasing number of new books on these subjects. Not that any of these books support our teaching, they do not, except unwittingly! It is left to Identity believers themselves to read the new material and search out any new evidence there may be.

This article is an attempt to present the most up to date evidence on the question posed above - "How did the Israelites get from Palestine to Britain ?"
We start, of course, with the Bible, and the most important historical fact is that in 880 BC the Kingdom of David and Solomon was divided into two separate kingdoms (Fig. 1). This fact must be borne in mind because the histories of these two kingdoms are quite separate, both in the Bible and subsequent history. Any attempt to make sense of the Bible or secular historical records without this prime fact will be doomed to failure.

Figure 1 Israel, Division of the Kingdom

The two kingdoms existed side by side for c 200 years.
The descendants of David continued to reign over the Southern two-tribed Kingdom of Judah with its capital at Jerusalem, while the Northern ten-tribed Kingdom of Israel with a capital at Samaria, had various ruling dynasties.

During this 200-year period, the history of these two kingdoms was recorded in the Bible. Neither kingdom remained faithful to the Lord their God, and in spite of repeated warnings from the prophets, the people, and many of their rulers, became increasingly pagan. The inevitable happened and the preordained sentence of punishment (Lev.26, v18) fell on the Northern Kingdom. This "seven times" punishment took the form of banishment from the Promised Land and the instrument God used was the mighty empire of Assyria (Fig. 2). Three Assyrian kings were involved in the subjugation and deportation of Israel, Tiglath-Pilesar, Shalmaneser and Sargon II. Not only are these deportations detailed in the Bible but the Assyrian records confirm the Biblical account.

Figure 2 Israel Carried Away
Black Obelisk of Shalmaneser


For example, there is the Black obelisk of Shalmaneser in the British Museum which reports the "Tribute of Iaua of Bit Humri", that is the "Tribute of Jehu of the House of Omri ". Omri was one of the kings of Northern Israel and he is shown on this Assyrian monument kneeling in submission before the Assyrian king. It is by studying monuments like these and the many thousands of Assyrian letters and documents in the British Museum that British Israel scholars have solved the mystery of exactly what happened to deported Israel.

As we have seen from Shalmaneser's Obelisk, the Assyrians called the Israelites "Humri" or "Khumri" - their way of saying "Omri". However this name soon disappears from the Assyrian records. Within 15 years of the deportations, in precisely the identical area, into which Israel had been placed, we have the first appearance of a people called "Gimira" in the Assyrian records. This name "Gamira" or "Gamir" is evidently a corruption of the Assyrian "Khumri", formed by reversing some of the letters, in this case IR for RI. Such inversions were common in the writings of the time.
Omri in Hebrew characters would start with the letter AYIN which in old Hebrew was pronounced GHAYIN with a soft sound as in the Scottish "loch". So "Omri" would have been pronounced GHOMRI by the Israelites themselves and written by the Assyrians KHUMRI and then later inverted to KHUMIR or GAMIR.

Figure 3 Israel & Asia Minor

In the year 707 BC an Assyrian frontier port reported that armed forces of Uratu were invading the area into which Israel had been placed 15 years earlier. The attack was halted by the eastern group of GIMIRA who put up a strong resistance. So here we have Israel - in Media - very much alive and well. The report states, " When the king of Uratu came into the land of Gamir (or Gamira) his army was routed.”

Figure 4 Jerusalem Attacked 700 BC

Back in Palestine, Israel's sorry tale of mass deportations was not yet at an end. In 700 BC the Assyrian king Sennacherib struck northward towards Jerusalem on his way back from an invasion of Egypt (Fig. 4). In 2 Kings 18 v13 we read, "Now in the 14th year of Hezekiah did Sennacherib, king of Assyria come up against the fenced cities of Judah and took them.” This event is recorded also by the Assyrian king on wall plaques in his palace and on a Prism which is now in the British Museum (Fig. 5). Note that the Prism details the number of captives on this occasion - 200,150 men, women and children - deported to join the Israelites already in Media.

Figure 5 Prism

Still remaining in Palestine was the rest of the tribe of Judah, the tribe of Benjamin and most of the tribe of Levi. They had Jerusalem for their capital and a descendant of David as their king. However, neither the sorry tale of their deported brethren, nor the warnings of the prophets availed to turn them from their wickedness. In fact, we are told that their idolatrous behaviour became worse than that of the Northern Israelites.

About 130 years after the fall of Samaria, punishment fell upon the Kingdom of Judah when Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon attacked Jerusalem. Finally, Jerusalem was destroyed and most of the people of Judah were taken captive to Babylon. The Babylonians destroyed Solomon's Temple and carried all the treasure and artifacts away to their own land. This "Captivity" lasted for 70 years as prophesied by Jeremiah (2 Chron. 36). Many of these Judahites settled happily in Babylon and had no desire to return to a ruined Jerusalem. Others - patriots - longed for their own land. Then Cyrus, the Persian King who had conquered Babylon, gave permission for those who wished to return, to do so.

48,000 Judahites, Benjaminites and Levites returned under Ezra and Nehemiah whose nominal lists of workers includes none from Northern Israel. These, who returned from Babylon, became the ancestors of the Jews of the times of Jesus. We must note that during the 450 years between the return from Babylon and the times of Jesus, many non-Israelites especially Edomites, had become Jews by religion (for example, Herod was an Edomite, called an "Idumean" in the New Testament).

So the situation is now this, the ten-tribed House of Israel plus 200,000 from the two-tribed House of Judah were deported to Assyria and seemingly "lost". Part of the House of Judah returned from their captivity and their descendants, the Jews, continued to live in Judea until New Testament Times.
One clue to the whereabouts of the "lost" Israelites (from a secular source) is given by the Jewish general and author Josephus, who, in his book "Antiquities" (AD.70), said: "There are but Two Tribes in Asia and Europe subject to the Romans, while the Ten Tribes are beyond the Euphrates and are an immense multitude, not to be estimated by numbers”.

We must imagine these multitudes of Israelite people, displaced refugees, uprooted from their own land, herded away hundreds of miles into alien territory. Their surroundings change, they hear different language, they appear to lose the art of writing, their very way of life changes and they are called by different names by their captors. Seemingly the Lord's great plan for His chosen servant Nation has dissolved into thin air - but let us see what actually did happen.

In the reign of Sargon II, an Assyrian intelligence report told the King that there were people called GIMIRA (we recognise them as deported Israelites) located just west of the upper Euphrates, north of the Taurus mountains. Others were further east in Media (Fig. 6).

Figure 6 Gimira

In the Apocrypha (2 Esdras 13) we are told how some of the Ten Tribes escaped from Assyrian control via the upper Euphrates valleys. Later they became notorious in Asia Minor when they overthrew King Midas of Phrygia (Fig. 7). These were the western group of GIMERA or CIMMERIANS, called KIMMEROI by the Greeks - another version of the Assyrian KHUMRI.

Figure 7 Israel Forced West

In the second year of Esar Haddon of Assyria (679 BC) another group of GIMERA were defeated by his forces and were pursued westward into Asia Minor (Fig. 8).

Figure 8 Gimira Pursued Westward

Some of them settled in the Sinope area on the Black Sea, some migrated across the Sea to settle in the Crimea and in Arsereth (see 2 Esdras 13). On one of their forays they captured the city of Sardis (Fig. 9). Finally about 600 BC, King Alyattes of Lydia drove them out of Asia Minor altogether. Their movements were westward - ever westward.

Figure 9 Israel Driven Out of Asia Minor
Most of the western CIMMERIAN group migrated up the Danube valley and settled as CELTS in central Europe between 500 BC and 100 BC (Fig. 10).

Figure 10 Cimmerians Settled as Celts
Others moved north and west into sparsely inhabited regions of the Baltic, where they were given yet another name by the Romans - CIMBRI, a name probably derived from CIMMERIANS. These people were the ancestors of the Picts and Jutes (Fig. 11).

Figure 11 Ancestors of Picts and Jutes
Small numbers of Israelites followed Phoenician trade routes from the port of Miletus or the South West coast of Asia Minor (Fig. 12). Some settled for a time in Spain then moved on to Ireland.

Figure 12 Some Israelites Followed Phoenician Trade Routes
Now we have seen, that most of the Western group of the "lost" Israelites, were forced right through Asia Minor into Central Europe and finally to the shores of the North Sea; but the Eastern group were still dominated by Assyrian powers and their successors, being threatened by Babylonians and Medes from the south (Fig. 13).

Figure 13 Israelites, Eastern group
This eastern part of Israel although known as GIMIRA was also known to the Assyrians as ISKUZA, a name derived from the name ISAAC - one of the names ancient Israel used to describe themselves, "sons of ISSAC". In 573 BC, ISKUZA are mentioned for the first time in any historical document, locating them in Media in the very place where some of Israel had been put in captivity. Since the GIMIRA and the ISKUZA appear in the same place at the same time, it is reasonable to infer that they were once the same people. And of course the Greeks had a word for these ISKUZA - they called them SCUTHAE or SCYTHIAN. The Persian name for the ISKUZA was SAKKA also based on ISAAC with the emphasis on the last syllable "ISS-SAAK".

The inscriptions on the great rock carving at Behistan in northern Iran are repeated in three languages, Old Persian, Susian and Babylonian. The people who are called "SAKKA" in Persian and are called "GIMIRA" in Babylonian, thus proving to be one and the same people.

Root SK derivatives :
ISAAC
SAKKA
ISxKUZA
SxKUTHAE
SxCYTHIANS

The Israelites did call themselves the House of Isaac or ISAAKA. The basic root of ISAAK, SAKKA, SKUTHAE, ISKUSA and SCYTHIAN is SK in each case.
After the fall of the Assyrian capital Nineveh in 612 BC, the main body of Scythian Israelites came under such pressure from the Medes that they were forced northwards through the Dariel Pass in the Caucasus mountains and into the steppe region of southern Russia (Fig. 14).

Figure 14 Cimmerian Israel
As wave after wave of these people were forced through the Caucasus, the leaders in the west crossed the rivers Don and Dniper and came into contact with CIMMERIAN Israel groups who had earlier moved across the Black Sea, thus pushing them westward along the valley of the Danube into Central Europe (Fig. 15).

Figure 15 Israelites, Eastern group
Although the Scythians established themselves in the area of Southern Russia from the 6th to the 3rd centuries BC, they found themselves squeezed between a people advancing from the east - the Sarmatians - and the CELTS, already occupying Central Europe to the west. (see above text). Consequently, they were forced northward towards the North Sea and the Baltic (Fig. 16). This group formed the last of the migrating Israelites to arrive in these Islands. The Anglo-Saxon group from the area now called Germany arriving between 400 and 600 AD.

Figure 16 Scythian Israelites Forced Northward .
Others moving northwards through Jutland became known as Danes and Vikings. Others settled for a time in northern France and were known as Northmen or Normans. These Normans arrived in the 11th century, the last, large group, finally completing the re-gathering of what Sir Arthur Keith, world-famous ethnologist, described as one family − NOT a racially mixed group.

Figure 17 Anglo-Saxons, Danes, Normans & Vikings
In exile, the Nation of Israel became divided into two main groups, one in the upper Euphrates area and the other in Media. These two groups migrated by different routes and at different times. Thus, they arrived here in comparatively small groups over a long period of time - finally fusing into one Nation, which we now call : The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland !

Source: http://www.orange-street-church.org/tex ... ration.htm

These groups also received and fullfilled the amazing blessings and prophesies of achievement and wealth and of becoming a multitude of nations - all that was originally prophesied to Israel and Abraham. But that is another topic for discussion - one that re-inforces the evidence outlined in this article above, but from a prophetic point of view.
Maybe I will post it below.

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:15 pm

LostTribesNotLost wrote:Maybe I will post it below.


Don't bother. British Israelism is a crock, a lie. It is one of the highest forms of Fruitcake Theology :fruitcake:

This thread has been appropriately placed in the Aberrant Christianity Forum. For those who want to read a detailed rebuttal to British- or Anglo-Israelism, get a copy of David Baron's The History Of The Ten ''Lost'' Tribes.

FL :sleep:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 7733
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby B. W. » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
LostTribesNotLost wrote:Maybe I will post it below.


Don't bother. British Israelism is a crock, a lie. It is one of the highest forms of Fruitcake Theology :fruitcake:

This thread has been appropriately placed in the Aberrant Christianity Forum. For those who want to read a detailed rebuttal to British- or Anglo-Israelism, get a copy of David Baron's The History Of The Ten ''Lost'' Tribes.

FL :sleep:


FL - you forgot to link the book... so others may read and learn...

So here is the link:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/38630/38 ... 8630-h.htm
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

LostTribesNotLost
Familiar Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:58 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby LostTribesNotLost » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:21 pm

OK, Furstentum Liechtenstein, to be honest I have not read the book you refer to and will do so ASAP and respond below.
I hope you will be honest enough to come back here and read my reply over the next few days, or so (depending on what I discover).

I don't know how you can say to me don't bother to post anything else relating to British Israel, simply because you believe my first post has been discredited.
You don't even know yet what it will contain and yet you are already condeming it, much like those who condemed Christ without even hearing him out.
Ofcourse I am not equating myself to Christ, but I am sure you get my point.

I encourage you not to be so dogmatic.
I am going to go and spend a good chunk of my own personal time now carefully studying the book you refer to and hope you will do me the same courtesy after my next reply.

Watch this space...

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:14 pm

LostTribesNotLost wrote:I don't know how you can say to me don't bother to post anything else relating to British Israel, simply because you believe my first post has been discredited.


I can say that because British Israelism is a perversion of Scripture.

LostTribesNotLost wrote:You don't even know yet what it will contain and yet you are already condeming it, much like those who condemed Christ without even hearing him out.


I see that you are into melodrama with your ''[you are] much like those who condemned Christ without even hearing him out''! I've heard the same spurious accusation from Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons.

LostTribesNotLost wrote:I encourage you not to be so dogmatic.


Look up the definition of dogma: you are the one with the dogma, and a false one at that.

LostTribesNotLost wrote:I am going to go and spend a good chunk of my own personal time now carefully studying the book you refer to and hope you will do me the same courtesy after my next reply.


No, I won't. I've already been down this road and can tell you what will happen: You will poke David Baron's study full of holes by claiming a variety of mistakes in interpretation. I really don't think it is possible for someone like you, someone so far down the wrong path of biblical understanding to get off that path and humbly start studying the Bible all over again.

I pray that the Holy Spirit will kill your pride and guide your mind.

FL :amen:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

LostTribesNotLost
Familiar Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:58 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby LostTribesNotLost » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:23 am

Glad to see you are willing to acknowledge how full of holes his study is ;)
I will direct my comments and evidence at those willing to have an open mind and think for themselves (by not letting others think for them).

I was planning on first posting some commentary on what I thought of David Baron's work - piece by piece in my own words.
I am still planning on doing that for those that will listen, but currently I am just too busy with work.

I will do it soon, but for now here is something to chew on below:
(although I don't agree with everything the author writes, a lot of it makes perfect sense and he disects Baron's book quite well.)

Click here: http://www.british-israel-world-fed.ca/AnsMartn.html

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:22 pm

LostTribesNotLost wrote:Glad to see you are willing to acknowledge how full of holes his study is :wink:


Save your wink emoticon: I don't think you are funny. It's your understanding that's full of holes, not David Brown's study. People who interpret the Bible to shoehorn their own agenda into it are doing violence to the biblical text. I could suggest that you believe what the Bible says, but I don't think you'd understand.

LostTribesNotLost wrote:I was planning on first posting some commentary on what I thought of David Baron's work - piece by piece in my own words. I am still planning on doing that for those that will listen, but currently I am just too busy with work.


Perhaps a fool or two will listen...there are racists everywhere, maybe even here. Perhaps you'll get lucky and gain a disciple.

LostTribesNotLost wrote:Click here: http://www.british-israel-world-fed.ca/AnsMartn.html


I read your link. It is stupid. Here is an equally stupid link for you:

http://www.rael.org

Spend some time looking through their site. Note that the Raelians think they are ''More Jewish than the Jews.'' Perhaps you two groups of fruitcakes "scholars" can get together and make babies.

FL y~o)
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 7733
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby B. W. » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:09 am

y:-?

In 2 Kings 17:18 it shows that Israel was taken to Assyria around 722 B.C time frame.

Did you not know that in 2 Chronicles 35:18 it mentions Israel celebrating the Passover with Judah approximately 90 years after being taken to Assyria?

In fact, 2 Chronicles 15:9 mentions Ephraim, Manasseh, and Simeon descendants settling in Judah years and years before the Assyrian invaded the 10 Tribes.

In Luke 2:36 - The prophetess Anna was from the tribe of Asher.

Just this simple study reveals the Follwing: First, folks from the 10 Tribes also lived in Judah and were not deported to Assyria after the invasion and went to Babylon with Judah and there reconnected with other members of the 10 tribes in old Assyrian empire which Babylonian empire occupied the same geographic regions and came back to the Jewish homeland under Nehemiah and Ezra. Evidence does show that the descendants of the 10 tribes were in Israel at the time of Jesus' time on earth as well too and most likely lived in Samarian regions.

The conclusion is simple: the 10 tribes were never lost. They suffered deportation and return all described in...

...Neh 1:8-9 NKJV: Remember, I pray, the word that You commanded Your servant Moses, saying, 'If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the nations; 9 but if you return to Me, and keep My commandments and do them, though some of you were cast out to the farthest part of the heavens, yet I will gather them from there, and bring them to the place which I have chosen as a dwelling for My name."

Ezekiel 11:16-17 NKJV Therefore say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Although I have cast them far off among the Gentiles, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet I shall be a little sanctuary for them in the countries where they have gone." ' 17 Therefore say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "I will gather you from the peoples, assemble you from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel."

FL is correct in identifying your doctrine as racist as it surely is as well as violates God's promises mentioned in the verse cited above. Fact of the matter is, the Jewish people have returned to Israel and exist there today as mentioned in...

...Isaiah 11:11, 12 It shall come to pass in that day That the Lord shall set His hand again the second time To recover the remnant of His people who are left, From Assyria and Egypt, From Pathros and Cush, From Elam and Shinar, From Hamath and the islands of the sea. 12 He will set up a banner for the nations, And will assemble the outcasts of Israel, And gather together the dispersed of Judah From the four corners of the earth.

You cannot get any plainer than that...

Best advise I can give you Lost is REPENT!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

LostTribesNotLost
Familiar Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:58 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby LostTribesNotLost » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:02 pm

B. W. - You are the one who should be repenting!!!


For a start, you are accusing someone of being a racist for simply claiming to be an Israelite, not for promoting hatred of any other race (THE DEFINITION OF RACISM), not for killing members of another race, but simply for claiming to be an Israelite.
How is that racist?

You are the one who should be getting down on both knees brother!!!

Secondly: As already shown, the prophetess Anna from the tribe of Asher proves nothing.
It is not nearly enough to prove that 10 entire tribes, an entire nation, or nations of people (Israel) returned and - "merged" - with Judah / the Jews.
A REMNANT of the House of Israel was left in Samaria after the Assytian captivity and deportation of the vast majority of them.
Some of them did go to Jerusalem anually to keep the Passover.
That means nothing in regard to the rest of the House of Israel where NO MENTION is made in scripture about their mass repenting and returning to Jerusalem like the Jews did to rebuild the temple - not at all as you would have people believe.

The vast majority of the ten tribes of Israel remained "lost", although you deny that.
Depite the fact that Christ calls them lost: "I am NOT sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." MATTHEW 15:24
Despite the fact that Matthew quoted Christ in Matthew 10:5 saying: "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

YOU WOULD HAVE PEOPLE BELIEVE CHRIST'S ENTIRE MISSION WAS A FARCE!!!
A MISSION OF SALVATION FOR THE JEWS WHO REJECTED HIM THEN AND STILL DO 2000 YEARS LATER (FOR THE MOST PART).
LIKE IN ISRAEL WHERE IT IS CUSTOMARY TO SPIT WHEN SEEING A CROSS.
Your exact words above this post: "The conclusion is simple: the 10 tribes were never lost."

Concerning the House of Israel captivity : Only 10 percent of the ten tribes remained in Samaria (Palestine) after most were taken captive.
Proof? :
Hear ye this word which I take up against you, even a lamentation, O house of Israel. ( i.e. Northern Kingdom - 10 tribes !! )
The virgin of Israel is fallen; she shall no more rise: she is forsaken upon her land; there is none to raise her up.
For thus saith the Lord GOD; The city that went out by a thousand shall leave an hundred, and that which went forth by an hundred shall leave ten, to the house of Israel. - Amos 5: 1–3

“ So the posts went with the letters from the king and his princes throughout all Israel and Judah, and according to the commandment of the king, saying,
Ye children of Israel, turn again unto the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, and he will return to the [u]remnant of you[/u],
that are escaped out of the hand of the kings of Assyria. ( ! ) - 2 Chronicles 30: 6


Thirdly, it's very easy to quote prophetic verses talking about Israel's return to Palestine without any time frame attached.
In fact I challenge you to quote a verse showing the time frame will be before Christ returns.
It's it pity you didn't quote the prophetic verses that DO have a time fram attached, as those ones clearly illustrate that it will only happen AFTER CHRIST RETURNS!!! :

eg.
Jeremiah 30:23 – 31:26
23 “Behold, the whirlwind of the LORD goeth forth with fury, a continuing whirlwind: it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked.
24 The fierce anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have done it, and until he have performed the intents of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it.
1 ¶ At the SAME TIME, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.
2 Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword (i.e. Assyrian killing in the captivity) found grace in the wilderness (i.e. Europe - as Assyria and Palestine were not a desolate Wilderness); even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.
3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
4 Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be built, O virgin of Israel: thou shalt again be adorned with thy tabrets, and shalt go forth in the dances of them that make merry.
5 Thou shalt yet plant vines upon the mountains of Samaria: the planters shall plant, and shall eat them as common things.
6 For there shall be a day, that the watchmen upon the mount Ephraim shall cry, Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion unto the LORD our God.
7 For thus saith the LORD; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O LORD, save thy people, the remnant of Israel.
8 Behold, I will bring them from the north country (i.e. Europe & America), and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together: a great company shall return thither.
9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.
10 ¶ Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.
11 For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he.
12 Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the LORD, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all.
13 Then shall the virgin rejoice in the dance, both young men and old together: for I will turn their mourning into joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice from their sorrow.
14 And I will satiate the soul of the priests with fatness, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, saith the LORD.
15 Thus saith the LORD; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not.
16 Thus saith the LORD; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the LORD; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy.
17 And there is hope in thine end, saith the LORD, that thy children shall come again to their own border.
18 ¶ I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock (unicorn in Hebrew) unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the LORD my God.
19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.
20 Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the LORD.
21 Set thee up waymarks, make thee high heaps: set thine heart toward the highway, even the way which thou wentest: turn again, O virgin of Israel, turn again to these thy cities.
22 How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man. (feminism ?)
23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; As yet they shall use this speech in the land of Judah and in the cities thereof, when I shall bring again their captivity; The LORD bless thee, O habitation of justice, and mountain of holiness.
24 And there shall dwell in Judah itself, and in all the cities thereof together, husbandmen, and they that go forth with flocks.
25 For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.
26 Upon this I awaked, and beheld; and my sleep was sweet unto me.”

When will all of this happen ?
When will Israel return to Jerusalem and occupy the promised land again ?
Not in 1948 !

It will happen when:
23 “ …the whirlwind of the LORD goeth forth with fury, a continuing whirlwind: it shall fall with pain upon the head of the wicked.
24 The fierce anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have done it, and until he have performed the intents of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it.” (Jeremiah 30:23-24)

When?
Joel 2:28 – 3:17
28 ¶ “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before
the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call. (i.e. remnant left over of those who were destroyed)
1 ¶ For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.
3 And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.
4 Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;…
6 The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border.
7 Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither ye have sold them, and will return your recompence upon your own head:
8 And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the LORD hath spoken it.
9 ¶ Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:
10 Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
11 Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.
12 Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about. (i.e. Second Coming)
13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.
14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.”

WHERE ARE THE PROPHESIES INDICATING ISRAEL WILL RETURN TO PALESTINE BEFORE THESE EVENTS TAKE PLACE ? ? ? ? ?

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17424
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby RickD » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:17 pm

LostTribesNotLost wrote:
For a start, you are accusing someone of being a racist for simply claiming to be an Israelite, not for promoting hatred of any other race (THE DEFINITION OF RACISM), not for killing members of another race, but simply for claiming to be an Israelite.


LostTribes,

FYI, B. W. Didn't call anyone a racist. He said the doctrine is racist.

There is a difference. I just wanted to clear that up. :D
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:23 pm

RickD wrote:
LostTribesNotLost wrote:
For a start, you are accusing someone of being a racist for simply claiming to be an Israelite, not for promoting hatred of any other race (THE DEFINITION OF RACISM), not for killing members of another race, but simply for claiming to be an Israelite.


LostTribes,

FYI, B. W. Didn't call anyone a racist. He said the doctrine is racist.

There is a difference. I just wanted to clear that up. :D


You are right, Mr Rick D. Moderator, the doctrine of British Israelism is racist. Maybe our fake Israelite here isn't a racist.

Hypothetically, if a level-headed person goes to KKK meetings and comes to agree with their ideology, could that be done while remaining level-headed?

FL y:-?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 3:18 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby melanie » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm not going to speculate about the origins of the 'lost tribes' because all the evidence I have seen rests primarily on speculation.
What can be known through advancements in genetic testing is the ancestral background of Jews today.
Why is not surprising that it is a mixture and melting pot of Semitic, European and Caucasus ancestries. The undeniable truth is that over the centuries there have been converts to Judiasm that is both historically accurate and genetically accurate. It is disputed to what extent these conversions occurred and from which regions. With so much contradictory trains of thought it may be best to rest this one on science.
I usually find that a neutral study is the safest road.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 195333.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 112539.htm

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 3:18 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby melanie » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:35 pm

FL you have used the KKK argument several times.
I am more addressing how you have done so in the past in relation to zionism.
Let's play a game;
You can start.
You post a picture, a website,organised protests ect of black people supporting the KKK.
Then I post one of Jewish people supporting the anti-zionist movement.
It's interesing that it is entirely unheard of for a black person to support such a racist, disgusting organisation as the KKK, but yet it is the JEWS who are the main front runners in supporting anti-zionism.
Kinda throws your racism card out the window.

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby Furstentum Liechtenstein » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:38 pm

melanie wrote:
I'm not going to speculate about the origins of the 'lost tribes' because all the evidence I have seen rests primarily on speculation.


Just read your Bible and believe what it says. There are no lost tribes.

melanie wrote:You post a picture, a website, organised protests ect of black people supporting the KKK.


Only really stupid, stupid ignorant blacks could be KKK supporters!

melanie wrote:Then I post one of Jewish people supporting the anti-zionist movement.


Anti-Zionism cannot be compared to a purely racist movement like the KKK. Jewish anti-Zionists exist, and they include the Hassidim as well as other fringe groups, and "ultra-progressive" individuals like George Soros. While anti-Zionism is a form of anti-semitism for non Jews, anti-Zionism is not racism in its political sense when held by Jews.

melanie wrote:Kinda throws your racism card out the window.


No, you are wrong. You must keep in mind that to be a Jew is to be #1, a citizen of Israel, #2, a member of a people going back 3500 years, and, #3, to adhere to Judaism the religion. Even atheist Jews declare themselves Jewish! Do you know of any atheists who claim to be Catholic?!

I know you want to be nice and inclusive, but British Israelism is a racist ideology. Don't try to defend it. Be nice to our fake Israelite as is your custom: I'm fine with that. The poor guy is labouring* under a heavy delusion.

FL :D

* I used Brit spelling just for you.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 3:18 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Postby melanie » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:32 pm

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
melanie wrote:
I'm not going to speculate about the origins of the 'lost tribes' because all the evidence I have seen rests primarily on speculation.


Just read your Bible and believe what it says. There are no lost tribes.

melanie wrote:You post a picture, a website, organised protests ect of black people supporting the KKK.


Only really stupid, stupid ignorant blacks could be KKK supporters!

melanie wrote:Then I post one of Jewish people supporting the anti-zionist movement.


Anti-Zionism cannot be compared to a purely racist movement like the KKK. Jewish anti-Zionists exist, and they include the Hassidim as well as other fringe groups, and "ultra-progressive" individuals like George Soros. While anti-Zionism is a form of anti-semitism for non Jews, anti-Zionism is not racism in its political sense when held by Jews.

melanie wrote:Kinda throws your racism card out the window.


No, you are wrong. You must keep in mind that to be a Jew is to be #1, a citizen of Israel, #2, a member of a people going back 3500 years, and, #3, to adhere to Judaism the religion. Even atheist Jews declare themselves Jewish! Do you know of any atheists who claim to be Catholic?!

I know you want to be nice and inclusive, but British Israelism is a racist ideology. Don't try to defend it. Be nice to our fake Israelite as is your custom: I'm fine with that. The poor guy is labouring* under a heavy delusion.

FL :D

* I used Brit spelling just for you.


I don't anything about British Israelism except breifly what I have read, so I will take your and BW's word that it is racist.
My response was really in relation to other older threads so I have confused and complicated the issue.
I guess I was just reflecting that a person can be opposed to a political movement whilst holding no racist tendencies towards them as a people, race or religion as a whole. But as I said that has nothing really to do with this thread.
It is my custom to be nice? I will take that as a compliment.
Nice to everyone but you ;)
I'm sorry, I was very combative in my response to you
You know deep down I love ya y>:D<


Return to “Aberrant Christianity”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests