WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: WHO ARE THE LOST TRIBES OF ISRAEL?

Post by Philip »

Don't worry Melanie, we know. LostTribes has misrepresented pretty much everyone here. :shakehead:
Even RICK! LT tried to make him out to be just some ordinary clown ... as opposed to the Killer KLOWN he is! BIG difference!

Image Too sad!

Image Too hyper!

Image Too wimpy!

Image Too irritating!

Image Too cynical!

Image Too evil!

Too KILLER!

Never confuse a mere clown with a Killer KLOWN! :pound:
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

On a more serious note, it's hard too understand how people get so fixated on some side issue, totally unrelated to salvation issues, that they can only support with Scriptures obscurely, exceptionally and uniquely interpreted, cherry-picked, and used out of their immediate contexts.

Just when I thought I'd about heard of about every obscure belief out there, LostTribes enlightened me. I wouldn't think but the tiniest of minorities believes this BI stuff. When people come to this site with some very obscure or unScriptural beliefs (like BI) and those here don't agree or point of the specifics of WHY they don't agree, to me, it's revealing how incredibly angry and belligerent they often get. So, subsequently, our potential for healthy or enlightening dialogue becomes evermore difficult. Just because someone disagrees with your position on an issue doesn't mean it is PERSONAL or they are trying to attack you. While it is understandable that those of differing positions can get a bit testy with each other, it's truly regrettable when such interactions become toxic and personally damaging - which is why we have mods and rules of conduct. But it's so often that people that are hyper-focused on one issue become indignant when their assertions draw significant scrutiny and questioning.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by melanie »

It is a shame Philip and I agree.
We all have differing opinions/interpretations on certain aspects of the Bible, faith, Christianity ect, but regardless of our differences the uniting force is Christ.
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

I've vaguely heard about the "lost tribes" of Israel but never gave any thought. It certainly appears that James did not think they were lost. Let's say for instance that James didn't know the exact geographic location for each group. His writing shows he knows they around out within letter delivery reach. Seems logical the synagogue system would serve as a line of communication tying the Jewish communities together, even if loosely.

Also seems logical the various tribes intermingled over the centuries. Although the tribes may not be identifiable separate physical communities, all the tribes are represented by the bloodline being passed down.

The Jews usually pass down the traditions and stories of their people so generations later the Jews know what tribe they are in. We had a local Jewish businessman who, even though not religious, knew his genealogy back to his tribe (which I can't remember).

1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations:
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.