Jehovah witnesses

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Philip
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Jehovah witnesses

Postby Philip » Sat May 09, 2015 8:28 pm

You really have to know how to talk to JWs, as they are very difficult to reach. Last weekend, I pretty much lost my patience with them - I probably got way too agressive and impatient. They have a knack for showing up at the most inopportune times. And when debating them becomes just an exercise in banging your head against a wall, well, it can seem like a huge waste of time. :roll:

B. W.
Board Moderator

Postby B. W. » Sun May 10, 2015 8:27 am

Philip wrote:You really have to know how to talk to JWs, as they are very difficult to reach. Last weekend, I pretty much lost my patience with them - I probably got way too agressive and impatient. They have a knack for showing up at the most inopportune times. And when debating them becomes just an exercise in banging your head against a wall, well, it can seem like a huge waste of time. :roll:

:mom:

-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Philip
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Day-Age

Postby Philip » Sun May 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Philip wrote:
You really have to know how to talk to JWs, as they are very difficult to reach. Last weekend, I pretty much lost my patience with them - I probably got way too agressive and impatient. They have a knack for showing up at the most inopportune times. And when debating them becomes just an exercise in banging your head against a wall, well, it can seem like a huge waste of time. :roll:

:mom:

So why don't I feel any better after my hug? Thanks, "mom!" :pound:

It's so tempting, well knowing JW's historical training to doubt and not accept any documentation you might provide (be it historical facts or their own organization's history of false prophecies) to just dismiss them and tell them to leave. But, somewhere, there's a reasonable point to bid them adieu - along with Jack Nicholson's famous quote ringing in their ears: "You can't HANDLE the truth!"

LittleHamster
Established Member

Postby LittleHamster » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:41 am

yp**== y)>-
Last edited by LittleHamster on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Postby neo-x » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:18 am

Philip wrote:You really have to know how to talk to JWs, as they are very difficult to reach. Last weekend, I pretty much lost my patience with them - I probably got way too agressive and impatient. They have a knack for showing up at the most inopportune times. And when debating them becomes just an exercise in banging your head against a wall, well, it can seem like a huge waste of time. :roll:

You are quite right there and I don't blame you for losing your patience. They are behind a wall of blindness which they don't seem know to cross.
People treat facts as relevant more when the facts tend to support their opinions. When the facts are against their opinions, they don't necessarily deny the facts, but they say the facts are less relevant or insignificant. This is ofcourse because believing things that make you feel comfortable, takes a priority. And I think that should not be the case if one is after truth.

http://johnadavid.wordpress.com

Return to “Aberrant Christianity”