Jehovah witnesses

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Jehovah witnesses

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Jehovah. For all of you. Get out your bible and follow along,this song is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qT2wpjS7SU
Clever. :clap:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Last edited by LittleHamster on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

LittleHamster wrote:I had another chat with the J.W.'s this week at my front door. As usual, they ignored the "DO NOT KNOCK" sign that is stuck on the security screen.

So we got-a-chatting and they tried the usual 'persuasion' tactics. O.k. I'm kind of use to it by now. Then, out of the blue, they pulled an absolute doosey on me right out of left field ! They told me that, and I quote:

"All healing done after 1914 is done by the devil and not by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit does not do anymore healing on people"

Doesn't the bible say something about someone who blasphemes by attributing the works of the Holy Spirit to the work of the devil faces eternal damnation?

That could be some really dangerous stuff these guys are preachin'.
Yes, they are preaching some serious blasphemy at times.
Without the HS there is NO belief in Christ.
Their obsession with 1914 is based on their doctrine that Christ HAS returned invisibility already and that we are in the End of Days already.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

PaulSacramento wrote:Yes, they are preaching some serious blasphemy at times.
Without the HS there is NO belief in Christ.
Their obsession with 1914 is based on their doctrine that Christ HAS returned invisibility already and that we are in the End of Days already.

edit: removed a bit of ranting. I remembered that we are all sinners and only God has the right to Judge who is right or wrong :-)
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Yhwhhallowed
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Framework

Post by Yhwhhallowed »

Jehovah's witnesses believe in 1914 being a significant date marked by studying the biblical timeline and prophecies. Its called bible chronology. They believe that 1914 was the day that Jesus was declared the king or established ruler in the heavens. Also declaring that leadership required a complete cleansing of the heavens, as war broke out within the heavens between Jesus and Satan along with the followers of both side, in turn they believe that was the exact year Satan and his hords were cast down to the confinements of the earth, believing that satan during that banishment having great anger knowing that his time was limited. Thus causing chaos during that marked year that had strange relation to the cause of the first world war, that weirdly happened starting that previously marked year 1914 by biblical chronology.
John 14-6 I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Yhwhhallowed wrote:Jehovah's witnesses believe in 1914 being a significant date marked by studying the biblical timeline and prophecies. Its called bible chronology. They believe that 1914 was the day that Jesus was declared the king or established ruler in the heavens. Also declaring that leadership required a complete cleansing of the heavens, as war broke out within the heavens between Jesus and Satan along with the followers of both side, in turn they believe that was the exact year Satan and his hords were cast down to the confinements of the earth, believing that satan during that banishment having great anger knowing that his time was limited. Thus causing chaos during that marked year that had strange relation to the cause of the first world war, that weirdly happened starting that previously marked year 1914 by biblical chronology.
That view is not biblical at best and since it is stated explicitly in the writings of Luke and Paul that Christ will come in a visible and noteworthy way, to suggest He came invisibly in 1914 is, well, silly to put it mildly.
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

Jehovah's Witnesses are good people. They are good Christians. True they are in a cult, but they don't know it. As to all the changes they have made in the NWT, it is still a Bible far above all others. All Bible have change to them from the scrolls they were taken. A Christian, rather than try to prove other religions are false, should spend that time examining their own religion...you may find you are also in a cult.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

For reference http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =8&t=34487. It is about difference between JWs and Christians.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Domenic wrote:Jehovah's Witnesses are good people. They are good Christians. True they are in a cult, but they don't know it. As to all the changes they have made in the NWT, it is still a Bible far above all others. All Bible have change to them from the scrolls they were taken. A Christian, rather than try to prove other religions are false, should spend that time examining their own religion...you may find you are also in a cult.
Seriously you jest when you say that the NWT is above all others.
It is true that all translations have some issues BUT no other actually CHANGES the words and adds ones that are NOT there in ANY manuscript.
The NWT was made to justify JW teachings, the openly admit it when they say that no other translation did justice to their doctrines to they had to translate one themselves ( as I was told during a tour of Bethel).

They inserted the name Jehovah into the NT were there is NO evidence of it ever being there, ever.
They inserted the word other in Colossians to imply that Jesus was a created being.
The insert the indefinite article in John 1 to call Jesus "a god".
The insert the name Jehovah in Romans 10:13 to change the meaning from Christ to Jahveh and use the excuse that Paul is quoting Joel even though Paul clearly states:
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved
I can go on and on...
Audie
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

The way to deal with JW at the door is to speak to them in Chinese. They will be overcome by powerful waves of confusion, and leave.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

My approach is simply ask them: Who do you say Jesus is - is He God? And, then: I'll take your Watchtower info if you'll take my literature Scripturally and historically rebutting JW beliefs. At that point, they've pretty much got that deer-in-the headlights look and are ready to get out of there.
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

God's grace is not cheap; it's free.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

What makes JW's a false religion is that it teaches works for salvation.All false religions teach works for salvation.They talk about Jesus but the Jesus they believe in is not biblical so that there is no way they could be saved by Jesus because you must accept Jesus Christ for who he is and they don't.You cannot pray to God through Jesus if you reject who Jesus is.

The Muslims do the same thing they teach works for salvation but they only accept Jesus as a prophet,not who he really is and so there is no way they could be saved by Jesus until they repent and accept Jesus for who he is and a lot of them refuse to repent.You must repent! And believe in Jesus Christ and who he is and both JW's and Muslims refuse to repent.They have a corrupt view of who Jesus is.

1st John 2:22-23 "Who is a liar but he that denieth Jesus is the Christ?He is Antichrist,that denieth the Father and the Son.Whosoever denieth the Son,the same hath not the Father:but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also."
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Jehova Witnsesses seem to be everywhere I go recently. Not sure if I just ignored them before, but i don't think so.....I should really start talking to them instead of just refusing or accepting their leaflets.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Proinsias wrote:Jehova Witnsesses seem to be everywhere I go recently. Not sure if I just ignored them before, but i don't think so.....I should really start talking to them instead of just refusing or accepting their leaflets.
There's Jehovah's Witnesses in Scottyland?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony