Supernatural Debt Reduction and The Thousandfold Principle

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Supernatural Debt Reduction and The Thousandfold Principle

Post by neo-x »

This is what really makes my sad that people fall for these kind of scams.

"God’s Supernatural Economy
The world’s financial systems are going through a massive shaking—headlines scream of a currency crisis. Yet as is so often the case in the Bible, when circumstances point to the worst, the conditions for a miracle are forming on the horizon. And your coming miraculous debt reduction and wealth transfer will happen at the worst moment for the world.
The conditions are perfect for your miracle, because God is about to take the world’s wealth and place it in your hands! He is ready to pour out a supernatural debt reduction into your life. And I want you to be part of this mighty outpouring as it continues!
God wants you to walk in divine health! He wants your needs to be met! He wants your family to be restored! And I believe He desires for you to see supernatural debt reduction as we move through 2012!
God has specifically told me to share with His people that He wants to deliver them from debt."

http://www.bennyhinn.org/emailletters/a ... mailletter

http://www.bennyhinn.org/products/produ ... itemid=802

FWIW, I just posted this here so that people do not fall for this kind of scams. "IF you give your money, God will multiply it by thousand and give it back to you. If you give your debt will be supernaturally vanish". Don't fall for this.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Supernatural Debt Reduction and The Thousandfold Princip

Post by RickD »

Mr. Hinn,

I have an idea for your "ministry". Why don't you give away your millions of dollars? Can't you see, that by your own principles, you would be blessed 1000 fold? Your giving away $1,000,000, would result in your gaining $1,000,000,000. :pound:

Of course that would never happen, because Hinn is a crook, a charlatan, a fraud, and a disgrace to Christianity. You're right Neo. It is a shame that people still fall for this kind of scam. :roll:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

What some call "seed faith" is at its root, "greed faith."

Benny Hinn - I give so that I can receive (or more to the point, you give to me so that you can receive ....)

Jesus Christ - I give because I love you.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Bill McEnaney
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Bill McEnaney »

Canuckster1127 wrote:What some call "seed faith" is at its root, "greed faith."
I've always thought Dr. Robert Schuler's motives were above reproach when his organization built its huge Crystal Cathedral. I still do, but his organization went bankrupt, and the cathedral is becoming an ugly Catholic church. Schuler helped many, many people, too. I wonder what he promoted: psychologized Christianity or Christianized psychology. Years ago, when someone interviewed him on TV, he said something like, "We don't need a Christian revival. We need to revive self-esteem."
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

That Crystal Cathedral went bankrupt because guys like Schuler and the other guys in charge paid themselves ridiculous salaries. Then, when his wife became ill, Schuler begged the churchgoers for food and money donations to go directly to him so he could help his wife, saying God wanted them to give to "charity." Then he hired limos to pick up donations. But he's a crook. His cathedral is exactly the opposite of everything Christianity ought to stand for.

In fact, I pretty much despise all those tele-evangelists who get paid big money to ask for money from actual hard working people. Same with using God to fuel your scams like the other one discussed here. Some might disagree, but I always read the part of the Bible about not using God's name in vain to apply to these situations (not the situation of literally saying "God"). These people are using God's name not to grace Him or aid people or perform His will...They are in it for themselves, for their selfishness and for power. Which is "in vain" as far as I'm concerned.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I actually agree more with Ivellius on this than not. I spent 4 years of my life at the quintessential televangelist center of the world (Oral Roberts University). I learned as much or more by observation than what I was formally taught there. 25 years later, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that genuine followers of Christ are more likely to be found feeding the hungry and clothing the poor anonymously than wearing a Rolex and asking people to max out their credit cards on a contribution so they can continue "their ministry."
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender