Shepherd's Chapel

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Shepherd's Chapel

Post by B. W. »

Link Below From CRAM articles concerning the Shepherd's Chapel movement...

Following quote from CRAM website
The Shepherd's Chapel is, at the very least, a controversial church with many unorthodox doctrines. The following list of teachings from the Shepherd's Chapel is derived from scouring the Internet, chat rooms, bulletin boards, asking the followers of Arnold Murray, and looking at the Shepherd's Chapel web site.

Even though the Shepherd's Chapel is considered to be a non-Christian cult by many people, it is left to be fully determined whether or not it is.

Unorthodox

1-Denies the Trinity and teaches that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are really three offices held by the one God.
2-Denies the existence of eternal Hell.
3-Denies the doctrine of the rapture.
4-Denies physical resurrection of believers. We will be raised spiritually.
5-Teaches annihilationism: non-existence after death for sinners.
6-Teaches that certain Old Testament kosher laws regarding meat should be followed.
7-Teaches Serpent Seed doctrine: Eve had literal sexual relations with the serpent.
8-The offspring of Eve's impregnation resulted in Cain, Satan's offspring.
9-The Kenites are the tares of the parable of the wheat and the tares in Matt. 13.
10-Satan's fallen angels impregnated women around the time of Noah.
11-Interracial marriage is wrong.
12-Being born again is to enter into this body from a spiritual body of another age.
13-America and Britain are the lost tribes of Israel.
14-People were alive in a pre-existence.
15-There was an earth age prior to Adam where a race of people lived.
16-The Rapture is a false doctrine.

Orthodox

1-Satan is a literal being.
2-Jesus will return.
3-Jesus will set up a future millennial kingdom.
4-The Bible is the inerrant word of God.

Other

1-The earth is millions of years old.
2-Arnold Murray is one of God's true teachers on earth today.
See this Link toOther related Articles from CRAM and see This Links Artical Too
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
7trumpets
Familiar Member

Re: Shepherd's Chapel

Post by 7trumpets »

B. W. wrote:Link Below From CRAM articles concerning the Shepherd's Chapel movement...

Following quote from CRAM website
The Shepherd's Chapel is, at the very least, a controversial church with many unorthodox doctrines. The following list of teachings from the Shepherd's Chapel is derived from scouring the Internet, chat rooms, bulletin boards, asking the followers of Arnold Murray, and looking at the Shepherd's Chapel web site.

Even though the Shepherd's Chapel is considered to be a non-Christian cult by many people, it is left to be fully determined whether or not it is.

Unorthodox

1-Denies the Trinity and teaches that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are really three offices held by the one God.
2-Denies the existence of eternal Hell.
3-Denies the doctrine of the rapture.
4-Denies physical resurrection of believers. We will be raised spiritually.
5-Teaches annihilationism: non-existence after death for sinners.
6-Teaches that certain Old Testament kosher laws regarding meat should be followed.
7-Teaches Serpent Seed doctrine: Eve had literal sexual relations with the serpent.
8-The offspring of Eve's impregnation resulted in Cain, Satan's offspring.
9-The Kenites are the tares of the parable of the wheat and the tares in Matt. 13.
10-Satan's fallen angels impregnated women around the time of Noah.
11-Interracial marriage is wrong.
12-Being born again is to enter into this body from a spiritual body of another age.
13-America and Britain are the lost tribes of Israel.
14-People were alive in a pre-existence.
15-There was an earth age prior to Adam where a race of people lived.
16-The Rapture is a false doctrine.

Orthodox

1-Satan is a literal being.
2-Jesus will return.
3-Jesus will set up a future millennial kingdom.
4-The Bible is the inerrant word of God.

Other

1-The earth is millions of years old.
2-Arnold Murray is one of God's true teachers on earth today.
See this Link toOther related Articles from CRAM and see This Links Artical Too
-
-
-
This is their "statement of Faith". He is the only one that I've found that tells you how to prove him wrong and what tools to use. Like using a Stronge's Exhaustive concondance of the Bible, Green's interlinear, Smiths Bible Dictionary. How to study the Greek, Hebrew languages. How to take the Bible back into those languages. He drive's you deeper into the WORD. He also tells you HOW to study for yourself. 2 Tim 2:15.

1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

http://www.shepherdschapel.com/default.htm

Our Statement of Faith

The Trinity or Godhead

I teach YHVH ("I Am That I Am" and Hebrew for the Sacred Name of God), Yahshua (Hebrew for God's Saviour Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. When you speak the Truth it is the Holy Spirit manifesting Himself through you. Matthew 10:20 explicitly says "For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you." The meaning, of course, refers to the Holy Spirit as in Mark 13:11 which notes, "but when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do you premeditate; but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye; for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost (Spirit)." I make no apology for teaching the Godhead in this manner, and I certainly do not need an endorsement or approval or further interpretation of my words from any man or group of research witch hunters.

Also, I have never taught that men were little gods. It would be a lie for someone to say so. I do teach all souls were created by our Father. A Christian that would not teach this fact would have a big problem with Scripture. Example: Jeremiah 1:5 says, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Another example: Ephesians 1:4 says, "According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world."

To say that I teach racism or practice racism is another outright lie. We have people of all races that attend and study with the Shepherd's Chapel. It is very simple to prove this statement. We televise our annual Passover meetings including video interviews of many of the thousands who attend. Order a video tape of any of these interviews and you will see people of all races which effectively documents the falseness of any charges that I teach racism (a sample of Passover Interviews is also offered at the end of this document). God's Word directly teaches that our Heavenly Father created all the races and that it was good, (Genesis 1:27-28, 31). People of all nations and races shall be in the Temple of the Lord throughout eternity (Revelation 21:22-27).

Serpent Seed

What about teaching Serpent Seed? I make no apology for teaching the Word of God. In Matthew 13, our Lord and Saviour explains the Parable of the Sower directly to His disciples. He is very explicit about exactly who the sower of the bad seed really is. Matthew 13:37-39 states, "He (Jesus) answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; the enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels."

Let no one tell you Christ was speaking in a parable here for He was carefully explaining to His disciples the real meaning of the parable He had previously spoken to the multitude. He talked with them in private, and He used language that a child could understand. Christ's teaching of the seed of the devil (or serpent) was nothing new, it was taught from the beginning of Scripture - Genesis.

In Genesis 3:15 God is speaking to the serpent, "and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shall bruise his heel." The bruising of the heel took place when Christ was nailed to the Cross. And finally, for those who still want further proof as to who the serpent really is; we read in Revelation 12:9, "and the great Dragon was cast out, that old Serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world." Now can anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear have any doubt or confusion about Satan's own seed?

What about the use of the word Kenites? It is a Hebrew word that has only one meaning, "sons of Cain." It does not mean Judah. The word Kenite cannot be translated Judah and is never used of Judah. Anyone saying that I use the word to describe Judah is not telling the truth; it would be a lie, because I have never said this.

Exclusive Messenger

Some "researchers" say that I claim to be God's exclusive messenger for this era. I have never thought this, much less claimed it. Such a claim is another outright lie. Those "researchers" cannot prove it because I have never said this. A Christian would not think of making up lies about someone, so how should we label these "Christian Researchers?"

Doctorate of Religious Education

I have never claimed to have received a doctorate from Roy Gillaspie. I do not know where some of these "researchers" came up with this. Roy Gillaspie was simply a beloved teacher of God's Word and I have never said or implied any such thing. It is true that I have a policy of not publicly stating where I earned my doctorate because then "critics" cannot judge me by association. I have always publicly stated that my credentials are my ability to teach God's Word. To the extent that our Heavenly Father blesses me with the ability to clearly teach His Word then what higher ordination could there be?

Summary

In today's world we need to be vigilant for those who would sow seeds of doubt concerning what God's Word actually says. There is nothing wrong with honest disagreement, this does not entitle one to spread outright lies. Acts 17 provides an example of an honest disagreement when Paul disputed with other Apostles in Jerusalem whether circumcision was necessary for salvation. Galatians 2 offers a second witness to the fact that although there was honest disagreement at the beginning of this meeting there was still fellowship at the end. It may also be surprising to note that this disagreement occurred perhaps 16 years after Yahshua's resurrection. And note that all the problems arose because "certain men from Judea" wanted to stir up discord among Christians by spreading the lie that unless Gentiles were circumcised like them they could not have salvation. In other words they denied salvation through Yahshua alone. The Lord hates those who sow discord among brethren (Proverbs 6:16-19).

Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit gives us good advice in II Timothy 2:15-16 when he says, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. But shun profane and vain babblings for they will increase unto more ungodliness." Let us never be afraid to study together in Christian fellowship in a positive way with an earnest heart felt desire to uncover the Truth of God's Word. Our Heavenly Father has chosen not to give us all Truth and Knowledge on a silver platter. He expects us to study His Word and search out what is true (Proverbs 25:2). Paul also tells us the Bereans set a good example for all Christians as "they received the Word with all readiness of mind and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so". (Acts 17:11).

At the Shepherd's Chapel we study God's Word in a unique verse by verse, chapter by chapter and Book by Book methodology. We don't leave anything out. We hold daily Bible classes on a college level which are freely available to all. I frequently caution all listeners not to believe what any man may teach you unless you first check them out directly from God's Word which is unchanging. You will never go wrong by encouraging daily Bible study which allows the spirit to grow ever stronger in knowledge, wisdom and in discernment.

So to those who desire to join the millions of Shepherd's Chapel listeners who enjoy studying God's Word I welcome you. If you disagree with me, that is quite alright. All I ask is that you be honest in disagreement and careful to document your beliefs. I'll always respect honest disagreement.

Our Heavenly Father has a divine purpose for each of His children. You need to stay in His Word and discover yours. May YHVH Bless each and everyone of you in your deeper study into His Word.
http://www.shepherdschapel.com/statement1.htm

The Shepherd's Chapel
P.O. Box 416
Gravette, AR 72736

Our Statement of Faith

The following is a résumé of those things we believe in and teach from the Holy Scriptures. This list is by no means complete, but we feel it will be of help to those wishing to make a study of the Scripture as it relates to the individual, the nation, and the world in the end of this age.

We believe in the God of the Bible (Exodus 3:6-14)

We believe the Holy Bible to be the Word of God. We believe in its History, Covenants, and Prophecy (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).

We believe in the Bible account of Creation (Genesis 1 & 2).

We believe in Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God, the Word made flesh (John 1:14).

We believe Christ died for us (Romans 5:8); also, that He was raised from the dead (Romans 6:4; Revelation 1:18).

We believe in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ on Calvary (Romans 5:11); not only for Israel, but for the sins of the world (I John 2:2).

We believe Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven (Mark 16:19; Hebrews 8:1).

We believe in the literal return of Jesus Christ (Zechariah 14:4; Acts 1:9-14) when He shall take the Throne of David (Isaiah 9:6-7; Luke 1:32-33) and rule on earth for the prophetic thousand years known as the millennium (Revelation 20:4 Zechariah 14:9). We believe that "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

We believe in the Holy Spirit and His mission (John 16:7-14; Acts 2).

We believe salvation is by grace through faith, and it is the gift of God, and not of works (Ephesians 2:8-9). It must be preached (Romans 10:14) and it is necessary for all (Romans 3:23).

We believe that water baptism is ordained of God for all that believe (Matthew 3:13-15; Romans 6:3-5; Acts 2:37-39).

We believe in the ordinance of the communion as established by Jesus Christ (Matthew 26:26-29; I Corinthians 10:16).

We believe in prayer, and whatever the immediate purpose, prayer should be that God's Will be done on earth (Matthew 6:10; I John 5:14-15). We must forgive to be forgiven (Matthew 6:14). The Holy Spirit will help us to pray (Romans 8:26-27). If we ask in faith and in the Name of Jesus Christ, He will hear (John 15:16; James 1:6-7).

We believe that God chose out a special people unto Himself to be His servants and those servants were to be the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob called "Israel" (Deuteronomy 7:6; Psalm 105:6; Isaiah 44:1-2).

We believe the Bible with God's law, statutes and judgments was given to Israel (Exodus 20: Psalm 147:19-20) and through Israel's prophets came the inspired Scriptures (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).

We believe civil law was given by God to Israel (Deuteronomy 4:1-2). The law was given for Israel's good (Deuteronomy 5:33). God commands us to obey civil law (Romans 13:1-7).

We believe that one day out of seven is the Sabbath of the Lord (Exodus 20:10) and that Israel was to keep it (Deuteronomy 5:15) as a sign between Israel and the Lord (Exodus 31:16-17). We believe Christ became our Sabbath (Hebrew 4:8; Colossians 2:16-17). (Hebrew 4:9- There remaineth therefore a rest (Gr. Sabbatismos) to the people of God).

We believe Israel was to be punished if God's laws for the nation were disregarded (Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Isaiah 42:24; Amos 3:2).

We believe that the New Covenant was made with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31-34; Hebrews 8:8-12) which meant Israel was to become Christian and that Jesus confirmed that Covenant (Galations 3:16-17; Romans 15:8).

We believe that Israel was promised redemption (Psalm 130:7-8; Isaiah 52:3; Hosea 13:9-14); that Jesus Christ came to Israel (Matthew 10:6); that He was recognized as the Redeemer of Israel (Galations 4:5; Titus 2:14), and His death and resurrection accomplished that redemption (Galations 4:4-5; Hebrews 9:12). We believe that after Christ's death and resurrection Israel was to be called by a new name (Isaiah 62:2). Israel was not to be remembered by her old name (Hosea 2:17); and, the new name was to be the Lord's Name (II Chronicles 7:14) which would be CHRISTIAN (Christ man) (Acts 11:26; I Peter 4:16).

We believe that each individual, of Israel or not, must be born of water and of the Spirit to be a Christian (John 3:3-8; I Peter 1:23).

We believe in an existing Satan, who is called the serpent (Genesis 3:1; Revelation 12:9); who has power with devils and men (Matthew 12:22; I Peter 5:8); who has a people who will not hear God (John 8:44-47), some of whom deceive people as "ministers of righteousness" (II Corinthians 11:13-15).

We believe that Jesus Christ has broken the power of Satan (Hebrews 2:14) and His Name makes devils impotent against Christians (Luke 10:17).

We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ along with His followers are at battle with Satan and his followers (Ephesians 6:11-19): And that Jesus Christ is the victor in this "battle" (Isaiah 28:21-22; 45:17-25; Ezekiel 38-39; Hosea 13-14; Joel 3:9-21; Micah 7:16-20; Zechariah 14:9 Malachi 4; Matthew 28:18; Luke 19:27; I Corinthians 15:24-28; Philippians 2:9-11; II Peter 3:7-13; Revelation 11:18; 15:4; 19:11-15 and others).

We believe in the resurrection of the dead as prophesied (Job 19:25-27; Hosea 13:13-14; John 5:29); as proven (I Peter 1:3); as taught by the Scripture (Acts 24:14-15; I Corinthians 15:11-26) and that the resurrected will reign with Christ (II Timothy 2:11-12) for ever (Revelation 22:1-5).

We believe the seventh trump sounds after the tribulation (Matthew 24: 29-31). Paul wrote his second letter to the Thessalonians because he knew the first had been misunderstood, concerning Christ's second return. Paul then gives two signs which will be present when the Day of the Lord comes. Those signs being the apostasy and the man of lawlessness. Neither of these signs were present at that time.

Apostasy means giving up or renouncing of one's professed principles, or faith. This will come to pass when the religious lamb (false messiah) of Revelation 13:11 comes to pass. He will look like the Lamb of God, but his voice is of the dragon, for he is the great dragon, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan (Revelation 12:9). When the false christ stands in the holy place performing in the sight of Christians, the pretribulation-rapture-Christian shall think it is Christ coming to rapture them away. It is the duty of the elect to stand and witness in the synagogues, allowing the Holy Spirit to give His Message to the world through you. (Mark 13:9). Christ is your spiritual Husband. You should remain a spiritual virgin until He returns (II Corinthians 11:2). For Christ Himself said; "Woe to them that are with child in those days!" (Mark 13:17). If your spiritual Husband has been on a long journey and finds you with child when He returns, then you have been impregnated (deceived) with the mark of the false messiah, and worshipped Satan in the last hour. Study God's Word.
Last edited by 7trumpets on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

+
Thank you 7trumpets for your post,

However, the very ambiguous statement of faith and proves the CRAM link comments very well...
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
lawmaker
Newbie Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Post by lawmaker »

thanks for sharing the post
sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by sinnerbybirth »

WOW y:O2

This is in my backyard. I know people who attend there. I've been asked by a couple of people to come study.
All the points B.W. listed are identical to conversations I've had with members of that chuuurrr. I can't bring myself to call them a church. They are very, very cultish. IMO, they also have a warped view of scripture.
Shepherdschapelfan
Newbie Member

Post by Shepherdschapelfan »

Before jumping on the hate wagon, I started studying with the chapel near 8 years ago, while I don't agree with everything Pastor Murray says, he's pretty much spot on when you forget tradition, and read the Bible for yourself, because the English language is so fluid, it's a must to take it back to Greek Hebrew and Aramaic , and judge for yourself, while he is abrasive, and I like that, since my father on earth was a drill Sargent , and an agnostic, I don't mind his abrasive style, it shows me his passion, I suggest before throwing stones take one month, one book of the bible, and study it, if you still believe the lies printed ,,so be it, but I can tell you NO ONE has a handle on it all, and it's about love, satan loves to pit us against each other, don't let him.
This is no cult, just a passionate man who has the guts to say it as it reads, and not as some organization says he must, he sticks to the Word, that's good enough for me
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Shepherdschapelfan wrote:Before jumping on the hate wagon, I started studying with the chapel near 8 years ago, while I don't agree with everything Pastor Murray says, he's pretty much spot on when you forget tradition, and read the Bible for yourself, because the English language is so fluid, it's a must to take it back to Greek Hebrew and Aramaic , and judge for yourself, while he is abrasive, and I like that, since my father on earth was a drill Sargent , and an agnostic, I don't mind his abrasive style, it shows me his passion, I suggest before throwing stones take one month, one book of the bible, and study it, if you still believe the lies printed ,,so be it, but I can tell you NO ONE has a handle on it all, and it's about love, satan loves to pit us against each other, don't let him.
This is no cult, just a passionate man who has the guts to say it as it reads, and not as some organization says he must, he sticks to the Word, that's good enough for me
Glad to met someone who attends or is affiliated with this group...

Please read the Wikipedia link below and inform us if Wiki writes have it correct...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shepherd's_Chapel

The founder Arnold Murray passed on February 2014 and his son took over from there. It appears they hold to the serpent seed doctrine and anglo-Israelism - are you familiar with these? Are these their standard doctrines?
-
-
-
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb: