restored church of God

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: restored church of God

Post by zoegirl »

ust thinking right now....

I am in a fog....got some nasty cold/virus....will be back in fighting form later....
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Oh, ok Hope you get better soon! :D
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Berean
Newbie Member

Post by Berean »

The Reformed Church of God used to be called the Worldwide Church of God. It is a cult organization and you should steer clear.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Berean wrote:The Reformed Church of God used to be called the Worldwide Church of God. It is a cult organization and you should steer clear.
Actually, it is the Restored Church, not the Reformed Church. and sad to say, many think this is a cult. And many will learn the truth someday.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
bama4me
Newbie Member

Post by bama4me »

Jenna... shoot me an email. I'd love to discuss the matter with you more because you seem to truly be seeking truth in the word of God. A lot of the things stated in this thread have a portion of truth contained, but lack a fundamental understanding of how salvation operates. Unlike claims of others, the Bible claims there is only one church... and it belongs to Christ (per Matthew 16:18). We have a responsibility to find that church... and if unable to find it in our area, establish it according to the things written in the New Testament. God bless you for your open heart and open eyes.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

bama4me wrote:Jenna... shoot me an email. I'd love to discuss the matter with you more because you seem to truly be seeking truth in the word of God. A lot of the things stated in this thread have a portion of truth contained, but lack a fundamental understanding of how salvation operates. Unlike claims of others, the Bible claims there is only one church... and it belongs to Christ (per Matthew 16:18). We have a responsibility to find that church... and if unable to find it in our area, establish it according to the things written in the New Testament. God bless you for your open heart and open eyes.
The church that is Christ's is made of all those who are in Him - all those individuals who are saved. There isn't one denomination or group or location which is Christ's church. Lol. There are people here who disagree on minor aspects of theology, but how one is saved is simple. You believe in Christ and . . . that's it! I suggest you read some articles on the main site, and perhaps more threads here, before making blanket statements about posters knowing or not knowing the basics of the Christian faith.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

bama4me wrote:Jenna... shoot me an email. I'd love to discuss the matter with you more because you seem to truly be seeking truth in the word of God. A lot of the things stated in this thread have a portion of truth contained, but lack a fundamental understanding of how salvation operates. Unlike claims of others, the Bible claims there is only one church... and it belongs to Christ (per Matthew 16:18). We have a responsibility to find that church... and if unable to find it in our area, establish it according to the things written in the New Testament. God bless you for your open heart and open eyes.
Can you please detail what church you believe is the one we should look for?
ManFromHeaven
Acquainted Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by ManFromHeaven »

I believe the church you all be looking for is within the city of the New Jerusalem that has come down from Heaven. This is the city of faith in which all are invited to abide within. The beauty of the New Jerusalem is described in great detail; Revelation to John 21. The doctrine is from the crystal clear water of knowledge that flows within the city and from which the trees along the side of the river draw fourth knowledge and bear fruit each month of the year. This church I have not given name to yet; Suggestions welcome. I see "The New Jerusalem Church" name is already taken y:-?