Beliefs about the conception of Jesus

Discussions surrounding the various other faiths who deviate from mainstream Christian doctrine such as LDS and the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Christian2
Advanced Senior Member

Beliefs about the conception of Jesus

Post by Christian2 »

Do any of you know whether there have ever been in the very early history of the Christian church those who believed that Jesus was the result of God having sex with Mary based on the word "begotten" — God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son…."

It seems unlikely to me since the earliest followers of Jesus were Jews.
voicingmaster
Established Member

Post by voicingmaster »

Well, Mormons think that in the spiritual realm people have sex and have spirit kids up there, who are then born down here. That's also how they Jesus was born, they think God had Jesus up there, then sent him down here through Mary (unknown who God's wife is).

But no, nobody believes God had sex with Mary.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

What need there be of God to perform a sexual act with dust? God being spirit has the power to do that what He wills by the Word of his mouth.

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

Luk 20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
Luk 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Cobra
Familiar Member

Post by Cobra »

Jesus obviously was not created. Otherwise He would not be God. John 17:5 also shows that He always existed and that the creation of His physical body shouldn't be confused with Him always being.
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Indeed.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

IRQ Conflict wrote:Indeed.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Wow! IRQ, another point we totally agree on. What is this world coming to? Now if only I could get you to say the word Bible again (LOL).
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

:lol: 8) I admit I may have over reacted with the 'Bible thing' but to be honest I don't trust that Satan doesn't try to creep in at every chance he gets. I have heard and seen other things that really shocked me, so when I looked into Byblos history it took me aback.

Although I might appear 'flakey' well...ok I am a lil flakey, but I would rather err on the side of caution than be deceived. Even by a little bit.

As we all should know a 'white lie' can be much more damaging than a lie that comes out and flaunts it.
Hellfire