Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby abelcainsbrother » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:18 pm

I am going to do my best to show biblically why the Gap Theory is true biblically and show why critics are wrong or do not have proper understanding of Gap Creationism.I am going to try to not only show why the Gap Theory is true biblically but also show how much more bible understanding you get from understanding Gap Creationism properly from a biblical perspective that other creation interpretations overlook or don't know about.Gap Creationism enhances your bible knowledge actually and it does'nt get enough recognition so I'm going to try to show you why it is true biblically and so important to creationism and understanding the bible properly.Alot of times the depth of the Gap theory is skimmed over when we are just trying to make a case for it based on a few scriptures but there is so much more that gets lost or is not realized that makes the pages of the bible come alive and reveal so much more and actually enhances our bible knowledge the more you understand it.This will be like an indepth bible study of Gap Creationism that I believe shows it is not only true but important to understand in order to have better bible understanding.The Gap Theory is more important than many Christians realize.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:38 am

There are many reasons biblically the Gap Theory is true and I'm going to show you why but first you do need to understand why we believe there was indeed a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2 eventhough it is not apparent. I believe it all starts in 2nd Peter 3:3-7
"Knowing this first,that there shall come scoffers,walking after their own lusts,And saying,Where is the promise of his coming?for since the fathers fell asleep,all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.For this they willingly are ignorant of,that by the word of God the heavens were of old and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:Whereby the world that then was,being overflowed with water perished:But the heavens and earth which are now,by the same word are kept in store,reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men."

Now I know many of you believe this is referring to Noah's flood but instead it refers us to Genesis 1:2.
"And the earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters."
In 2nd Peter 3:3-7 you'll notice the phrase ",and the earth was standing out of and in the water:" And you'll notice the phrases "and darkness was upon the face of the deep.And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." in Genesis 1:2.

So we can based on what Peter described know that the earth is standing out of and in the water in Genesis 1:2. The earth is out of and in the water in 2nd Peter 3:5 and is not in Noah's flood but it is in Genesis 1:2 based on what Peter describes.The earth is IN water in Genesis 1:2 and even if it is hard to believe I care not.I only care about what God's word says and we know God can put the earth IN in water if he chooses to so it negates how hard it might be to believe. If the earth is in water? Then this cannot be talking about Noah's flood because only the earth was flooded in Noah's flood,this flood is a much worse flood than Noah's flood.

But what was before this flood? 2nd Peter 3:6 "Whereby the world THAT THEN WAS being overflowed with water perished:" So there was a world before this flood.We call this flood Lucifer's flood eventhough the bible does not use the words Lucifer's flood.We will get into this more in depth later why we call this Lucifer's flood.

There is more though and this is how we know there was a gap that scoffers are willingy ignorant about.It is not just made up whether you agree or not, it is based on what the bible tells us.It goes back to this prophecy in 2nd Peter 3:3-7 where it tells us that there will be scoffers that will come in the last days claiming Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep/died,all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation." Now we do have scoffers today in these last days scoffing asking Where is the promise of his coming? while teaching since the fathers(fossils)died all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. Today the Big Bang and evolution lead us to believe this and we have been influenced to accept this.However even young earth creationists teach that all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation and yet they have not been influenced by science.This explains why even Christians today have been influenced to accept this. But Peter is explaining why all things have not gone on as they were from the beginning of the creation by revealing to us this flood that caused the world that then was to perish.So we can say there was indeed a gap that has been overlooked and that people are willingly ignorant of and since it is referring us to Genesis 1:2 we know there was a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2.We can also assume that because of this world that then was existed it had life in it.This is before we even begin to read Genesis 1 and Genesis 2.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:29 am

So Peter tells us of a world that then was that perished. So how do we know biblically this cannot be the time between Adam and Eve and Noah's flood? It is because biblically Adam and Eve are apart of this world even including Noah's flood.You cannot say biblically that Adam and Eve are not apart of this world we now live in.It does not matter that they lived to be 900 years old before Noah's flood it was not a different world than this world biblically.The bible goes from Genesis to Revelation with everything impacting this world.When Adam and Eve sinned it brought sin and death onto the rest if humanity and started the whole reason we need a savior. God said in Genesis 3:15 "And I will put emnity between thy seed and her seed;it shall bruise thy head,and thou shall bruise his heal." This was the very first prophecy in the bible prophecying the virgin birth of Jesus and this prophecy could not have been fulfilled had God allowed this world to perish in Noah's flood. Do not get confused with the words words earth and world.We wonder how can bible scholars claim that Peter is referring to Noah's flood when they know this world did not perish in water and that the time between Adam and Eve and Noah's flood was not a different world that perished. Because this is what one must conclude if Peter is referring us to Noah's flood instead of Genesis 1:2 the only other flood in the bible.It is a contradiction from what they teach from the bible.This tells us that there was indeed a real former world that really did perish and you cannot have a world without life in it.So there was indeed a real former world that perished completely and not just mostly like in Noah's flood.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17156
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby RickD » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:29 am

Any particular reason why you had to start a new thread, when there are already multiple threads where you try to prove the Gap Theory?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 4882
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby Philip » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:52 am

ACB, this is really pointless:

- It's unprovable scientifically or Scripturally.

- Overwhelmingly conservative Christian language scholars reject that the text allows for such.

- You will convince no one of the Bible's truth by yammering on about it - as a matter of fact, for unbelievers, it will be perceived as just some obscure Christian mysticism or mythological belief, that even the vast majority of Bible scholars reject. And so it's a negative for testimony before unbelievers.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17156
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby RickD » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:54 am

But only if Ken Ham and Kent Hovind preached the Gap Theory. Then, and only then, would Evolution be defeated. :poke:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:40 am

RickD wrote:Any particular reason why you had to start a new thread, when there are already multiple threads where you try to prove the Gap Theory?


I had said before awhile back that I wanted to do a new post about the Gap Theory that expounds on it since my last Gap Theory post because I have learned more about it since then.I understand that people reject the Gap Theory but I have never really tried to show the many biblical reasons why we believe it is true and why it expands a person's bible knowledge.I have probably said it does before but never showed how or why.There are many reasons why we believe it is true biblically.It is not just a few verses that we base it on like it can seem.I think that it is important to show the many reasons why we believe it is true biblicaly instead of just a few reasons.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:51 am

Philip wrote:ACB, this is really pointless:

- It's unprovable scientifically or Scripturally.

- Overwhelmingly conservative Christian language scholars reject that the text allows for such.

- You will convince no one of the Bible's truth by yammering on about it - as a matter of fact, for unbelievers, it will be perceived as just some obscure Christian mysticism or mythological belief, that even the vast majority of Bible scholars reject. And so it's a negative for testimony before unbelievers.


Well if that is true then how come it has never truthfully been shown to be wrong despite the objections? I have read many blogs,etc and have read what many critics of the Gap Theory have said about it and why they reject it and yet the reasons they reject it has very little to do with what the bible says and it mostly is just their bias or unbelief.If the Gap Theory was ever really shown to be wrong biblically I would reject it in a heart beat but it never has been that I know of.Yes,people reject it but not for biblical reasons as far as I can tell.This is one reason why I accept the Gap Theory.It is the dishonest way it is rejected by critics of it including bible scholars and there are alot of strawman arguments as to why they reject it.I just want to expound on it and try to show biblically the many biblical reasons we believe it is true,despite what critics say.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:06 am

I welcome challenges to the Gap Theory too.But I prefer that you show why you are right biblically instead of just rejecting it based on your belief and since I'm using the KJV bible it would be good if you used the KJV bible to challenge anything I have said if you disagree.I'm using the KJV bible because it is the only bible I have and if it is true according to the KJV then there is merit for why it is still believed to be true.If there is anything you disagree with something I have explained biblically that you disagree with then show me why biblically.At the very least after I'm done you just might realize that it is true using the KJV bible even if it not not the bible translation you prefer.Including above of what I have already explained about why 2nd Peter 3:3-7 refers to Genesis 1:2 and not Noah's flood.I don't see how nothing I have explaned as to why we say it cannot be talking about Noah's flood that is not right biblically,but if you disagree then show why biblically.
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17156
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby RickD » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:06 am

I think there have been pretty good arguments against the Gap Theory, in the rest of your threads. Didn't really see any straw man arguments here.

When something really makes no sense, no straw man is needed.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:18 am

RickD wrote:I think there have been pretty good arguments against the Gap Theory, in the rest of your threads. Didn't really see any straw man arguments here.

When something really makes no sense, no straw man is needed.


I was really only trying to defend the Gap Theory then mostly and in doing that so much is overlooked or skimmed over as to why we believe it is true biblically.With this I'm going to try to go in a step by step way to show the many reasons we believe it to be true.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:30 am

RickD wrote:But only if Ken Ham and Kent Hovind preached the Gap Theory. Then, and only then, would Evolution be defeated. :poke:


Ken Ham would have made Bill Nye look bad in their debate had he been using the Gap Theory but I don't really want to argue that in this thread.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 4882
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby Philip » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:35 pm

ACB: Well if that is true then how come it has never truthfully been shown to be wrong despite the objections?


ACB, newsflash: Just because a thing can't be proven false, certainly doesn't mean it's true.
ACB: If the Gap Theory was ever really shown to be wrong biblically I would reject it in a heart beat but it never has been that I know of.


Scholars of ancient Hebrew DO object to GT based upon what Scripture says - or rather, A) what it doesn't say, B) what would be beyond obscure to coax such a meaning out of what the text actually says, and C) and because there are rules for ancient Hebrew grammar that logically cast even greater doubt on it. Biblical evidence against something isn't ONLY that it doesn't specifically say a certain thing, as it may well not reference something that isn't a historical fact. What you and others are doing is reading into the text something it doesn't clearly say, and that is an obscurity with no proof at all. And if this were true, don't you think if it were referenced at all that the text would flesh out this immensely important assertion - so as that there could be no doubt? I'll tell you why it's not clear - most likely because it's untrue. And even IF it were true, it's obviously not terribly important, because God didn't see to it that more than a tiny handful of scholars would even entertain it. And today, that tiny handful is much smaller. You see this as immensely important, but without obvious evidence, and with the vast majority of inerrantist Hebrew scholars totally rejecting it. That should tell you how unlikely it to be either true or important. And yet, to you, ACB, it's of huge importance. Hate to tell you, but that's how cults work in how they build a belief around some obscurity that requires a forced logic to believe.

ACB: Yes,people reject it but not for biblical reasons as far as I can tell.This is one reason why I accept the Gap Theory.


As noted above, this is false - the reasons for rejection ARE Biblical. And your obsession is not going to convert anyone to Christianity! Likely, much the opposite will be the result of unbelievers who stumble upon this belief.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Philip wrote:
ACB: Well if that is true then how come it has never truthfully been shown to be wrong despite the objections?


ACB, newsflash: Just because a thing can't be proven false, certainly doesn't mean it's true.
ACB: If the Gap Theory was ever really shown to be wrong biblically I would reject it in a heart beat but it never has been that I know of.


Scholars of ancient Hebrew DO object to GT based upon what Scripture says - or rather, A) what it doesn't say, B) what would be beyond obscure to coax such a meaning out of what the text actually says, and C) and because there are rules for ancient Hebrew grammar that logically cast even greater doubt on it. Biblical evidence against something isn't ONLY that it doesn't specifically say a certain thing, as it may well not reference something that isn't a historical fact. What you and others are doing is reading into the text something it doesn't clearly say, and that is an obscurity with no proof at all. And if this were true, don't you think if it were referenced at all that the text would flesh out this immensely important assertion - so as that there could be no doubt? I'll tell you why it's not clear - most likely because it's untrue. And even IF it were true, it's obviously not terribly important, because God didn't see to it that more than a tiny handful of scholars would even entertain it. And today, that tiny handful is much smaller. You see this as immensely important, but without obvious evidence, and with the vast majority of inerrantist Hebrew scholars totally rejecting it. That should tell you how unlikely it to be either true or important. And yet, to you, ACB, it's of huge importance. Hate to tell you, but that's how cults work in how they build a belief around some obscurity that requires a forced logic to believe.

ACB: Yes,people reject it but not for biblical reasons as far as I can tell.This is one reason why I accept the Gap Theory.


As noted above, this is false - the reasons for rejection ARE Biblical. And your obsession is not going to convert anyone to Christianity! Likely, much the opposite will be the result of unbelievers who stumble upon this belief.


Do you believe God's word is living and that Revelations have ceased?I don't.I believe that God's word is living and we get new revelations as time goes on.I have looked into the objections that are raised against the Gap Theory.I know and understand objections that are raised against it.I'm just showing why it is true despite what critics claim.I'm trying to lay it out in depth because when I look at the objections I can tell they are not understanding the full picture.Basically you reject it and think it is silly going so far as to compare it to a cult but these are just your own personal views.I wish you could challenge it biblically to show or give reasons why something I have said or explained is not right biblically.

We are going by what the text says. You ask,if it were true don't you think if it were referenced at all that the text would flesh this immensely important assertion? It does when we rightly divide the word of God and I'm just trying to lay it out.For instance if 2nd Peter 3:3-7 refers to Noah's flood then why does what Peter describe not line up with what the bible tells us about Noah's flood? How can they make Noah's flood fit into it and declare it is true? We can read about Noah's flood in our bible and we can tell it is not referring to Noah's flood.Yet they are making a square fit into a round hole.This right here is the big difference between the other interpretations and this is where either they are right or we are.This is really where it all comes down to about whether or not there was a gap that has been overlooked.Now I admit that if this is referring to Noah's flood then they are right ,but if they are not? Then we are right and this means there was a gap that has been overlooked.Anybody can read the bible and see who is right and who is wrong and this is what I want.Ignore what man says and go by what the bible says is the way I think.

I disagree that the reasons people reject the Gap Theory are biblical and instead based on everything I have read from opposition think it is just their belief or opinion ruling their judgment and not the word of God.I am just wanting to lay it all out like I never have before to show the many reasons we do believe it is true and the many ways it enhances our bible knowledge to understand it.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Despite objections,why the Gap Theory is true.

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Before I get into the heavy stuff concerning the Gap Theory we really need to establish why 2nd Peter 3:3-7 is not referring to Noah's flood.This is very important because this is really where the whole debate comes down on when it comes to different creation interpretations and people insisting this is referring to Noah's flood. So let's read the bible to find the correct answer.In Noah's flood only the earth was flooded.

We read in Genesis 7:17-24 "And the flood was forty days upon the earth;and the waters increased,and bear up up the ark,and it was lift up above the earth.And the waters prevailed,and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills,that were under the whole heaven,were covered.Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.And all flesh died that moved upon the earth,both of fowl,and of cattle,and of beast,and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth,and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life,of all thay was in the dry land died.And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground,both man,and cattle, and the creeping things,and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive,and they that were with him in the ark.And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

So in this flood only the earth was flooded just as I have said. And this flood did not cause this world to perish like Peter said happened. God kept this world going despite all of the death that happened upon the earth. This world did not end and by Noah and those on the ark surviving and it prevented this world from perishing. Also this was not a different world than this world just as I explained. Peter tells us that the earth was out of and in the water and that the world that then was perished. So what Peter describes cannot be referring to Noah's flood like bible scholars claim today. And the world Peter talked about perished completely,it did not go on like with Noah's flood.In Noah's flood the world did not perish so this tells us there was a former world that did indeed perish like Peter said and this means that this is why there was a gap that has been overlooked.This means there was a time when all things from the beginning of the creation did not go on as they always were.2nd Peter 3:4 "And saying, Where is the promie of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep,all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation."There was a gap and since Peter is referring us to Genesis 1:2 we can see why things stopped for a time.

2nd Peter 3:5-6 For this they willingly are ignorant of,that by the word of God the heavens were of old,and the earth standing out of and in the water: Whereby the world that then was perished:" If you disagree please explain why.

Nothing I have explained is wrong biblically and just because people claim otherwise does not make what they claim true. It is not a stretch at all to realize there was a gap and that a former world perished.It is not just made up nonsense that the bible does not say.We are not adding anything into the bible that is not there or just making up things.The bible clearly is telling us there was a gap that has been overlooked. But also Noah's flood has not been overlooked,everybody knows about it.Even if they doubt it happened they know about it but it is this gap that nobody knows about or are willingly ignorant about.It is because of a former world perishing in water that led to the gap.

But this also means the earth is old and is not young also because there was a former world before this world that perished.So we can already assume the earth is old without even looking at any scientific evidence.This is one reason that the majority of Christians and bible scholars were old earth creationists before about the 1970's when young earth creation ministries started popping up.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.


Return to “Creation Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest