The Gap Theory - Understanding Genesis

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: The Gap Theory - Understanding Genesis

Post by Jac3510 »

Not that anyone takes Abel seriously anymore, but for fun I clicked his link (turns out I had read it before, but that's another story). It does not address the arguments I made. It doesn't even use the word "circumstantial" anywhere in the text, which means, of course, that it doesn't address the argument against the position . . . much like abel's whole approach. Of course, if I held to the gap theory, I wouldn't try to address the arguments against it either, because there's no argument. It's idiotic.

In other words, in an unserious waste of time, as is everything abel suggests, because he is an unserious person--at least on this issue.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Jac3510 wrote:Not that anyone takes Abel seriously anymore, but for fun I clicked his link (turns out I had read it before, but that's another story). It does not address the arguments I made. It doesn't even use the word "circumstantial" anywhere in the text, which means, of course, that it doesn't address the argument against the position . . . much like abel's whole approach. Of course, if I held to the gap theory, I wouldn't try to address the arguments against it either, because there's no argument. It's idiotic.

In other words, in an unserious waste of time, as is everything abel suggests, because he is an unserious person--at least on this issue.
Jac this is a fact you cannot refute. Nothing happens in Genesis 1until God speaks and you nor I can know how long it was until God spoke in Genesis 1:3 and the heavens and earth already existed before he spoke. What you are doing is reading Genesis 1:1-3 and claiming we know there was no Gap while ignoring what the rest of the text says that contradicts your interpretation. Also the link I posted does address your point you made about the Hebrew in Genesis 1:2 and even acknowledges what you explained. Just wait until I finish refuting that Young Earth Creationist in my other thread and I show that "bara" and "asah" are not intercangeable anywhere in the OT like they say and like you think. It is going to take me time because they give alot of scriptures trying to show they are interchangeble,so it will take me some time to go through everyone of them,but I will. I had already started on it last night but somehow after I got half way through it lost my connection and lost what I had already done.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

nm
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Jac3510 wrote:My advice to you abel, which you won't take, is to not waste your time. But do whatever you want. You just have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. It's really, really painful to watch you act like you do.
All I'm trying to do is show why this interpretation is right.It seems to me that you expect me to just believe you when it comes to this and when I don't and give reasons why,it seems to offend you and it seems like the Gap Theory is a silly idea to you.And it might be,but it matters if it is right or not,not whether or not it might seem silly. I don't think it is a silly idea that God baptised the heavens and earth in water to purge it from sin,just like we are baptised in water and it symbolizes our removal of sins. Like I've tried to explain before understanding the Gap Theory actually enhances our bible knowledge in ways you just can't seem to believe.It opens up so much more understanding than you realize.I did not realize this until I learned about it and over time I'm learning more. I think it is silly to teach the bible says the earth is 6000 years old,when it does'nt say that.No offense, but you're missing out on so much more understanding when it comes to Genesis 1,there is so much more understanding in it than you realize. By the way,I do not ignore what you say.I respect your biblical knowledge and I go back over it,but you have not convinced me you're right,so far.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.