Challenge: Make Your Case for Creationism

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Challenge: Make Your Case for Creationism

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:I have Another question -- referring back to Genesis creation -- And the evening and the morning were the 1st day and so forth. And evening and a morning constitute a 24 hr day. So Where Did a 24 hr day come From?
At least in This country -- we've had a 6 day work week with a 7th day to rest for Forever. Growing up Everything closed at noon Saturday and Sunday was the 'day of worship'. Protestant churches Still operate that way. Actually -- Sunday worship took the place of Saturday worship because of Christ being resurrected on the 1st day of the week.
Genesis 2:1-2 "Thus the heavens and the earth were finished . And on the 7th day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the 7th day from all His work which He had done.

People - researchers - have figured out how to breed animals / bigger / smaller/ various looks / but they Haven't been able to 'make / create' any New things. Animals are either 'complete' or they can't survive -- 'life' is lived day by day and generation by generation.

God has created us with common sense -- we need to use it more often.
If you want to read a very good thread on the subject of ordinary days, this is very informative:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... =7&t=40345

I'm not sure which country you live in, but here in the US, we have a 5 day workweek, as common practice. Not that it's relevant to the topic.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audacity
BANNED
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audacity »

Philip wrote:
Audacity: No misunderstanding whatsoever. I'm quite familiar with the scientific method. All I'm looking for is someone to address my request. Simple as that.
Bull! Presented with what happened at the moment of the Big Bang, refute it! Explain how it wasn't massively complex, where time, dimension, matter, space and ALL physical things came into interactive, powerful mechanical, physical interactive complexity. Explain how everything that came after wasn't essential to any supposed evolutionary processes, laying down massively complex conditions, all that.
No, because it isn't relevant to my OP request. Want answers to your questions, then create your own thread. Not saying I'll care enough to answer, but you're certainly not going to get any from me here. :shakehead:

Last edited by Audacity on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Until you stop giving evolutionists a pass about the question you asked why should I tell you how Gap creationism explains it? You're not really serious about knowing the truth when you give them a pass. You should be demanding scientists to give you answers to your question. Based on the evidence in the earth Gap creationism is already more believable than evolution so we can say our answer to how life got here is correct also.
This is exactly what I mean about the the inability of creationists to make a case for creationism without alluding to evolution or its principles. Thanks for reconfirming my conviction. :wave:

Last edited by Audacity on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

crochet1949 wrote:Referring back to March 26 / Audacity's comment ---- there Are or Were 8.7 billions species on earth. Based on What?
The source I linked to in the post you've quoted from. However, it should be 8.7 MILLION, not billion. Now, if you don't want to believe its findings, that's fine.

Last edited by Audacity on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:I know this will not answer the challenge to it's final degree ...but it's knocking on the door ... ToE is not bullet proof by any means, but this article is also of no direct benefit to any specific creationist ideal ... but creation did happen and has been leaking out it's secrets how slowly but surely. and, as in science and life in general...
if you can, hang around, there's more to come :)

http://www.reasons.org/articles/article ... odiversity
With all its many references to evolution it isn't even close to the door.

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Okay -- I'll be specific -- back Then in the history of the world -- we have No way to determine the number of species that existed. Much less how many were in any specific specie. All that were needed to repopulate the earth After the flood were male and female of those various kinds. Obviously fish / water life would Not be included. They had plenty of flood water to swim in.

I won't argue with your statistics. They represent After the flood.
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

crochet1949 wrote:Okay -- I'll be specific -- back Then in the history of the world -- we have No way to determine the number of species that existed. Much less how many were in any specific specie.
The number of individuals of each species is pretty immaterial.
All that were needed to repopulate the earth After the flood were male and female of those various kinds. Obviously fish / water life would Not be included. They had plenty of flood water to swim in.
With the exception of a few fish, salmon being one, freshwater fish can't survive in salt water, and vice versa. This goes for other forms of aquatic life as well.
I won't argue with your statistics. They represent After the flood.
I assume then that you're suggesting there were many more species before the flood.

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

I'm saying that We Don't Know How many species existed before hand. No clue at all.

Your comments concerning salt and fresh water fish -- would that only apply to Now? According to Scripture there was a great upheaval of the earth / waters. Before the flood, the earth had been watered from underground. Not as we have it now. So it might be that what with the underground reservors and rain waters, that That would affect fresh and salt water after wards. My speculation.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

How many of what is a moot point in view of the reality that there was no flood.

It is a very tough thing to accept, but there it is.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

How about the reality that there Was a world-wide flood. "It is a very tough thing to accept, but there it is" It's in black and white in Genesis. A very good description of it.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Audacity wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
Audacity wrote:Here's the issue. Science says the reason we have the species we do is because they evolved, an operation they term evolution.
It seems you are under some misunderstanding as to what "Science" really is.

No misunderstanding whatsoever. As the old adage goes, "Proof is only good for mathematics, logic, and liquor." I'm quite familiar with the scientific method. All I'm looking for is someone to address my request. Simple as that. Nothing more, but what I've been getting are persistent irrelevancies. If a person can't make a case for creationism, as I explained it in my 9:28 pm (my time) Sun Mar 27th post, then I'm not interested. Focusing seems to be a real problem around here.

BTW, why aren't posts numbered?

Focus is the problem?
Perhaps you're barking up the wrong tree, asking the wrong people?
You should be on a YEC board imo. Minimal members here would defend AiG or the Creation Institute.

Ask the phpBB developers why they aren't numbered. That's the system being used.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

Kurieuo wrote:Focus is the problem?
Seems to be.

Nah, any kind of creationist would do, including yourself.
Ask the phpBB developers why they aren't numbered.

Don't care that much. Just thought someone here might know.
That's the system being used.
Obviously.

Last edited by Audacity on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audacity
BANNED

Post by Audacity »

crochet1949 wrote:I'm saying that We Don't Know How many species existed before hand.

So what? The point is that today we have millions of species that god had to have saved through some kind of miracle because they never made it onto the ark.

......................Image

Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Audacity wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Focus is the problem?
Seems to be.

Nah, any kind of creationist would do, including yourself.
Evidently not. In addition to not understanding "Science" as something non-dogmatic, you don't seem to understand what Creationism is. This person who believes God created in this way, that person who believes God created in that way, it's all the same to you right?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo is correct.

Audacity,

You'd be better off finding a forum on a YEC site to ask your question. The way you want it answered, can only be answered by the most dogmatic of YECs who doesn't believe in any kind of evolution.

The thread is a dead end here.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony