Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:What Audie said, they're simply another species that lived around humans. I'm sure we would have taken advantage of them like slaves, pets even, like hunter dogs and the like. Good boy for helping me hunt and kill *throws a slab of meat to the Neander*
That's racist!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Post by PaulSacramento »

Here is the thing, if human evolved from the neanderthal, they would have done that over generations and during that time there would not be as many humans around to procreate with so the "newly evolved" humans would have had to mate with the neanderthals ( and lesser evolved humans)
Over time, because of their superiour intelligence, homosapiens would become the dominate species and the lesser ones would have gone extinct either via the evolutionary process ( natural selection) or through direct and indirect conflict with the homosapiens.
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

PaulSacramento wrote:
Here is the thing, if human evolved from the neanderthal, they would have done that over generations and during that time there would not be as many humans around to procreate with so the "newly evolved" humans would have had to mate with the neanderthals ( and lesser evolved humans)
Regardless of this odd view of how evolution works, it is not what happened.

Over time, because of their superiour intelligence, homosapiens would become the dominate species and the lesser ones would have gone extinct either via the evolutionary process ( natural selection) or through direct and indirect conflict with the homosapiens.
The neanderthal brain was larger, which is not proof anything other than larger brain, but
how can you make this statement about superior intelligence as if it is a fact?

As for why they went extinct, there is no known reason, so again, facts not in evidence.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Audie,

Smaller brains in humans, always means smarter. Want proof? Women have smaller brains than men. y:p
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:Audie,

Smaller brains in humans, always means smarter. Want proof? Women have smaller brains than men. y:p
Like its hard.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

This 'other specie' that supposedly mated with people. Where Did they come from?

The closest I'd come to the 'other specie' is the world of fallen angels. Because God's Word Does tell us about the world of angels and that 'we' were created a little lower than they. There are many kinds of angels and they are male.

But 'they' were Not a different specie that evolved into being human.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:What Audie said, they're simply another species that lived around humans. I'm sure we would have taken advantage of them like slaves, pets even, like hunter dogs and the like. Good boy for helping me hunt and kill *throws a slab of meat to the Neander*
I read someone's analysis of the bone structure of Neander and how it shows
the powerful physique.. "even the women would have had arms to rival those of the mightiest blacksmith".

Slaves and pets, maybe not so much?

Oh, bigger brains, too.
They'd be extremely helpful if trained for that reason.
What ever happened to the thought that size doesn't matter, it's how you use it?
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:Audie,

Like its hard.
I hope that isn't some kind of innuendo? 8-}2
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Did you know the adult sperm whale brain is 8,000 cubic centimeters.
Our brain is about 1300 cubic centimeters. How smart are they?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Kurieuo wrote:Did you know the adult sperm whale brain is 8,000 cubic centimeters.
Our brain is about 1300 cubic centimeters. How smart are they?
who could say, or why you'd think comparing people and whales is somehow related to comparing people with people.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

[quote="crochet1949"
]This 'other specie' that supposedly mated with people.
It was people mating with people.
Where Did they come from?
their mommies and daddies
The closest I'd come to the 'other specie' is the world of fallen angels. Because God's Word Does tell us about the world of angels and that 'we' were created a little lower than they. There are many kinds of angels and they are male.
gay?
But 'they' were Not a different specie that evolved into being human.
who are "they" that you speak of? ( it is "species' not "specie" btw)
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

http://www.sci-news.com/othersciences/a ... 01896.html

Excerpt:
“These genomic studies suggest that anatomically modern humans and Neanderthals likely interbred and that the resulting male children may have had reduced fertility. Recent genomic studies also suggest that Neanderthals lived in small groups. All of these factors could have contributed to the decline of the Neanderthals, who were eventually swamped and assimilated by the increasing numbers of modern immigrants.”
And I said:

Which is a possibility of course:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderth ... y_violence

Historically speaking conflict and interbreeding tend to be the leading causes of one group dominating the other ( even to the point of extinction).

As say that homosapiens were more intelleigent because, well, they survived.
From the evolutionary standpoint that points to dominate genes ( in regards to breeding) and superior adaptability.
In short, homosapiens were smarter since they survived and dominate the neanderthal since we have no record of a less intelligent species dominating and out-adapting a less intelligent one.

In short, because homosapiens outbreed, outadapted and outsurvied the neanderthal, that ,means they were superior ( logical conclusion) and since we know from archeological findings that it wasn't a PHYSICAL superiority, then it must have been an "intellectual one".

Or at least ENOUGH of a intellectual difference to be able to become the dominate species on the planet.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

Philip wrote:
Audie: Either theist OR irrational
OK, Audie - let's move beyond our mutually, perhaps misperceived definitions.

I did not mispreceive the statement that either one is a theist or irrational.

If you wish to take it back, I will perceive that you see this was a ridiculous statement on your part.

You are not some enemy, btw. But what I mean by irrational is to believe that what exists does not require a prior source of immense intelligence, power and purpose - or that it, in ANY way, could be called "random."

Okp as I do not believe that, but you do, I guess we know who is self defined as irrational.

Whatever you call that prior/first/ultimate source is a different issue. But it HAD to have, at the very least, those attributes. AND, that first source had to also be eternal - it could not have been self-created. But I am NOT saying that the options are only the God of the Bible or nothing else. But I am saying that some of the key attributes I've mentioned were totally necessary for whatever that first cause you might think possible. To believe those attributes were unnecessary, I do believe to be irrational, as that defies every logical understanding we have concerning everything we know. And it contradicts the attributes of what came into being at the universe's beginning.
IOW, a theist or irrational.

I am perfectly aware of the power of "philosophy" to demonstrate what you wish.

My take, and I think that of most anyone in theoretical physics is that there in grossly insufficient evidence for such conclusions.

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Audie -- I Could choose to ignore your comments you made in reference to My comments. But I won't.
The Only people in this world - other than those who came From Adam and Eve - who would have been on this earth at the same time - are the fallen angels.
You jokingly said they came from 'their mommies and daddies'. You mean they Didn't get beamed down to earth by Scotty from the good ship lollipop? Okay -- now that we've both been having our fun.
Oh, ya, then the comment about if the male angels were gay? Sorry to disappoint you , but they got together with earth women and had children. Then again, some gay men Do get married and have kids --but no -- they were created as angels -- and God does Not create anyone 'gay' -- it's a Choice.
I was referring to angels as 'they' and the 'thread' has been about Neanderthals mating with humans. And I don't believe that Neanderthals ever existed as another Kind of being that somehow Became human like we are.

There Are human beings / Indian tribes that used to be in the U.S. who have become 'extinct'. Extinct - but not from thousands or millions of years ago. They were killed by the early settlers in this country and some intermarrying. Eventually - like Now- they don't exist. They were still very much human beings just like us. We are a variety of sizes, colors, nationalities, but still people.

That which I've found interesting is that the human has apparently stopped 'developing' -- there are genetic disorders that appear occasionally. The world of 'little people'. Lots of them. And there are really Tall people. Not quite as many of them. Or those with a disorder that causes massive hair growth. Some Could try to say that they are left over from gorillas or apes? But, nope, they are simply suffering from a genetic disorder. They still look like normal people under all that hair.

And, what would be so bad about the God of the Bible creating this world and everything in it? Why try so hard to find an alternative method? Why not simply learn to appreciate that which God Has created.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

crochet1949 wrote:Audie -- I Could choose to ignore your comments you made in reference to My comments. But I won't.
The Only people in this world - other than those who came From Adam and Eve - who would have been on this earth at the same time - are the fallen angels.
You jokingly said they came from 'their mommies and daddies'. You mean they Didn't get beamed down to earth by Scotty from the good ship lollipop? Okay -- now that we've both been having our fun.
Oh, ya, then the comment about if the male angels were gay? Sorry to disappoint you , but they got together with earth women and had children. Then again, some gay men Do get married and have kids --but no -- they were created as angels -- and God does Not create anyone 'gay' -- it's a Choice.
I was referring to angels as 'they' and the 'thread' has been about Neanderthals mating with humans. And I don't believe that Neanderthals ever existed as another Kind of being that somehow Became human like we are.

There Are human beings / Indian tribes that used to be in the U.S. who have become 'extinct'. Extinct - but not from thousands or millions of years ago. They were killed by the early settlers in this country and some intermarrying. Eventually - like Now- they don't exist. They were still very much human beings just like us. We are a variety of sizes, colors, nationalities, but still people.

That which I've found interesting is that the human has apparently stopped 'developing' -- there are genetic disorders that appear occasionally. The world of 'little people'. Lots of them. And there are really Tall people. Not quite as many of them. Or those with a disorder that causes massive hair growth. Some Could try to say that they are left over from gorillas or apes? But, nope, they are simply suffering from a genetic disorder. They still look like normal people under all that hair.

And, what would be so bad about the God of the Bible creating this world and everything in it? Why try so hard to find an alternative method? Why not simply learn to appreciate that which God Has created.

There is so much wrong in here....
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Okay -- what is wrong in my comments? Just curious.