Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
thatkidakayoungguy
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:44 am

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
swordfish7 wrote:Ablecainsbrother, we need to understand that the meaning needs to be gathered from the original language - here I think Hebrew. We don't just pick the translation that most closely matches what we want to say! Some translations are better than others and that is why the best Christian denominations will require their ministers to study greek and Hebrew.


I don't mind getting into the Hebrew and Greek,however it is really not as necessary as you may think. We have the bible translated into English,our language and it is God's word to English speaking people. But we have problems reading it in English our own language and ignore or don't understand other parts of the bible. I could give example. Like for instance 2nd Peter 3:5-7. We ignore that this text is describing a flood of the heavens and earth that caused the world at that time to be destroyed and that the earth was formed out of these waters.

We make Noah"s flood fit into it, eventhough only the earth was flooded in Noah's flood,not the heavens and earth,and that this world was not destroyed in Noah's flood,but also the earth was not formed out of waters in Noah's flood. It was formed out of waters because of Genesis 1:2. but we ignore this and claim it is talking about Noah's flood. We must ignore what the text says and describes and ignore the facts about Noah's flood,and yet it has been done by people who claim to be bible experts. This is just one example.

Just wondering, how could the heavens be flooded? Outer space can't be flooded, well then again this is God we're talking about.


It is simply what the bible tells us.It might be hard to believe the heavens and earth were flooded but the greek word heavens in 2nd Peter 3:3-7 means cosmos and then we see the word earth also.So we have to conclude the cosmos(heavens)and the earth was flooded which caused the former world to perish.We also can see the earth is flooded in Genesis 1:2 and this is why on the second day God removes these waters and divides them off of the earth.The earth was formed out of these waters also.So if we blend 2nd Peter 3:3-7 into it? It means both the heavens and earth were flooded.This did not happen in Noah's flood by the way,only the earth was flooded so this flood was much,much worse than Noah's flood. I don't have it anymore but I used to have a link that shows that aging dying stars produce water.

And this folks, is why nobody believes in the Gap Theory.

What do you think 2nd Peter 3:3-7 is referring to? Noah's flood? I'm not a gap theorist but he brought up a fair point.

thatkidakayoungguy
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Philip wrote:"Evolution is fact" vs. Evolution is an unproven and very problematic theory vs. Evolution (in the classical sense - simple organisms to evermore complex ones) is definitely false (for a variety of reasons) - to infinity and beyond! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Again, WHY does anyone on any side find it so important to prove or disprove evolution. Even IF true, it's so late to the date, so as to be a meaningless argument of causes secondary to that which truly matters - least in terms of theism vs. non-theism. Audie's problem is that she knows that even if evolution occurred, that all that made it possible didn't create itself, didn't pop into existence without some organizing entity of immense power and intelligence. So, she amuses herself with pointless arguments over evolutionary mechanisms that even the scientists don't agree upon. And ACB argues relentlessly against evolution - and WHY? Because if evolution is fact, it still must have had an intelligent, organizing cause and designer. Even randomness of things is dependent upon OTHER pre-existing and totally necessary things. And even RANDOM things must be created. ACB, you need to rewind your argument to things that matter - things that are over 10 billion years before there was ANY physical thing, chemistry, biology, etc. that would eventually have provided the foundations, structures and designs to have made ANY life possible, much less for it to have evolved.

Really, you guys are killing server space with this relentlessly arguing over the irrelevance of evolution. And Audie can't prove it to be fact, and she sure as heck can't explain how it could have ever been made possible without a Cause/a Designer. And ACB is NEVER going to prove her wrong - even if she likely is. So, let's stop this irrelevant snoozefest. PLEASE! y[-o< y[-o< y[-o< If you must argue about something, argue about what is REALLY relevant as to the central debate on this website - that is theism vs. non-theism, and if theism - WHICH God created?

I think why so many people argue about it and try to prove/disprove it is since they think evolution is in itself atheistic and if proven would disprove God, which it doesn't. A lot of fellow Christians who are strict creationists are like this, just go on Ken Ham's or ICR's facebook page and you'll see what I mean.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17159
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby RickD » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:47 am

Who's Ken Ham? Never heard of him. y:^o
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:03 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
I don't mind getting into the Hebrew and Greek,however it is really not as necessary as you may think. We have the bible translated into English,our language and it is God's word to English speaking people. But we have problems reading it in English our own language and ignore or don't understand other parts of the bible. I could give example. Like for instance 2nd Peter 3:5-7. We ignore that this text is describing a flood of the heavens and earth that caused the world at that time to be destroyed and that the earth was formed out of these waters.

We make Noah"s flood fit into it, eventhough only the earth was flooded in Noah's flood,not the heavens and earth,and that this world was not destroyed in Noah's flood,but also the earth was not formed out of waters in Noah's flood. It was formed out of waters because of Genesis 1:2. but we ignore this and claim it is talking about Noah's flood. We must ignore what the text says and describes and ignore the facts about Noah's flood,and yet it has been done by people who claim to be bible experts. This is just one example.

Just wondering, how could the heavens be flooded? Outer space can't be flooded, well then again this is God we're talking about.


It is simply what the bible tells us.It might be hard to believe the heavens and earth were flooded but the greek word heavens in 2nd Peter 3:3-7 means cosmos and then we see the word earth also.So we have to conclude the cosmos(heavens)and the earth was flooded which caused the former world to perish.We also can see the earth is flooded in Genesis 1:2 and this is why on the second day God removes these waters and divides them off of the earth.The earth was formed out of these waters also.So if we blend 2nd Peter 3:3-7 into it? It means both the heavens and earth were flooded.This did not happen in Noah's flood by the way,only the earth was flooded so this flood was much,much worse than Noah's flood. I don't have it anymore but I used to have a link that shows that aging dying stars produce water.

And this folks, is why nobody believes in the Gap Theory.

What do you think 2nd Peter 3:3-7 is referring to? Noah's flood? I'm not a gap theorist but he brought up a fair point.


I believe 2nd Peter 3:3-7 takes us back to Genesis 1:2 and not Noah's floood.There are several reasons why Gap Theorists know it is not talking about Noah's flood like creationists claim.For one you cannot say the time before Noah's flood was a world that perished,it was apart of this world.Second the earth was not formed out of water in Noah's flood,it was formed out of water in Genesis 1.Third it makes it clear that scoffers will claim all things have gone on continually as they were since the beginning of the creation and Peter explains why it has not gone on continually,this gets overlooked.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby abelcainsbrother » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:19 pm

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
swordfish7 wrote:Ablecainsbrother, we need to understand that the meaning needs to be gathered from the original language - here I think Hebrew. We don't just pick the translation that most closely matches what we want to say! Some translations are better than others and that is why the best Christian denominations will require their ministers to study greek and Hebrew.


I don't mind getting into the Hebrew and Greek,however it is really not as necessary as you may think. We have the bible translated into English,our language and it is God's word to English speaking people. But we have problems reading it in English our own language and ignore or don't understand other parts of the bible. I could give example. Like for instance 2nd Peter 3:5-7. We ignore that this text is describing a flood of the heavens and earth that caused the world at that time to be destroyed and that the earth was formed out of these waters.

We make Noah"s flood fit into it, eventhough only the earth was flooded in Noah's flood,not the heavens and earth,and that this world was not destroyed in Noah's flood,but also the earth was not formed out of waters in Noah's flood. It was formed out of waters because of Genesis 1:2. but we ignore this and claim it is talking about Noah's flood. We must ignore what the text says and describes and ignore the facts about Noah's flood,and yet it has been done by people who claim to be bible experts. This is just one example.

Just wondering, how could the heavens be flooded? Outer space can't be flooded, well then again this is God we're talking about.


It is simply what the bible tells us.It might be hard to believe the heavens and earth were flooded but the greek word heavens in 2nd Peter 3:3-7 means cosmos and then we see the word earth also.So we have to conclude the cosmos(heavens)and the earth was flooded which caused the former world to perish.We also can see the earth is flooded in Genesis 1:2 and this is why on the second day God removes these waters and divides them off of the earth.The earth was formed out of these waters also.So if we blend 2nd Peter 3:3-7 into it? It means both the heavens and earth were flooded.This did not happen in Noah's flood by the way,only the earth was flooded so this flood was much,much worse than Noah's flood. I don't have it anymore but I used to have a link that shows that aging dying stars produce water.

And this folks, is why nobody believes in the Gap Theory.


I understand why you say that.It is because of the NASB translation.I'm used to the KJV translation and I'm right if we go by the KJV translation but not if we go by the NASB translation. The NASB translation only focuses on the earth being formed out of water and by water while the KJV tells us both the heavens and earth was flooded. Still the NASB still points us to Genesis chapter 1 and not Noah's flood. The KJV points us to Genesis 1:2 while the NASB points us to Genesis 1. There are slight differences in translations.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

thatkidakayoungguy
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:09 pm

abelcainsbrother wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
I don't mind getting into the Hebrew and Greek,however it is really not as necessary as you may think. We have the bible translated into English,our language and it is God's word to English speaking people. But we have problems reading it in English our own language and ignore or don't understand other parts of the bible. I could give example. Like for instance 2nd Peter 3:5-7. We ignore that this text is describing a flood of the heavens and earth that caused the world at that time to be destroyed and that the earth was formed out of these waters.

We make Noah"s flood fit into it, eventhough only the earth was flooded in Noah's flood,not the heavens and earth,and that this world was not destroyed in Noah's flood,but also the earth was not formed out of waters in Noah's flood. It was formed out of waters because of Genesis 1:2. but we ignore this and claim it is talking about Noah's flood. We must ignore what the text says and describes and ignore the facts about Noah's flood,and yet it has been done by people who claim to be bible experts. This is just one example.

Just wondering, how could the heavens be flooded? Outer space can't be flooded, well then again this is God we're talking about.


It is simply what the bible tells us.It might be hard to believe the heavens and earth were flooded but the greek word heavens in 2nd Peter 3:3-7 means cosmos and then we see the word earth also.So we have to conclude the cosmos(heavens)and the earth was flooded which caused the former world to perish.We also can see the earth is flooded in Genesis 1:2 and this is why on the second day God removes these waters and divides them off of the earth.The earth was formed out of these waters also.So if we blend 2nd Peter 3:3-7 into it? It means both the heavens and earth were flooded.This did not happen in Noah's flood by the way,only the earth was flooded so this flood was much,much worse than Noah's flood. I don't have it anymore but I used to have a link that shows that aging dying stars produce water.

And this folks, is why nobody believes in the Gap Theory.


I understand why you say that.It is because of the NASB translation.I'm used to the KJV translation and I'm right if we go by the KJV translation but not if we go by the NASB translation. The NASB translation only focuses on the earth being formed out of water and by water while the KJV tells us both the heavens and earth was flooded. Still the NASB still points us to Genesis chapter 1 and not Noah's flood. The KJV points us to Genesis 1:2 while the NASB points us to Genesis 1. There are slight differences in translations.

Where would the big bang fit into this?

thatkidakayoungguy
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:11 pm

RickD wrote:Who's Ken Ham? Never heard of him. y:^o

A young earth creationist who is in charge of the Ark Project.
Here's his site: https://answersingenesis.org/
I don't agree with all there but I think there's much good to be found.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17159
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby RickD » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:41 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:Who's Ken Ham? Never heard of him. y:^o

A young earth creationist who is in charge of the Ark Project.
Here's his site: https://answersingenesis.org/
I don't agree with all there but I think there's much good to be found.

I'm joking. I know who Ken Ham is. I used to "sing his praises" all the time. He's quite a guy. y:^o
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:17 pm

RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:Who's Ken Ham? Never heard of him. y:^o

A young earth creationist who is in charge of the Ark Project.
Here's his site: https://answersingenesis.org/
I don't agree with all there but I think there's much good to be found.

I'm joking. I know who Ken Ham is. I used to "sing his praises" all the time. He's quite a guy. y:^o

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "sing his praises" but I guess that means you were supportive of him. Yes I'd say he's quite a guy.


User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17159
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby RickD » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:12 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:Who's Ken Ham? Never heard of him. y:^o

A young earth creationist who is in charge of the Ark Project.
Here's his site: https://answersingenesis.org/
I don't agree with all there but I think there's much good to be found.

I'm joking. I know who Ken Ham is. I used to "sing his praises" all the time. He's quite a guy. y:^o

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "sing his praises" but I guess that means you were supportive of him. Yes I'd say he's quite a guy.

When I say, "sing his praises", and "He's quite a guy", assume I'm being extremely sarcastic.

:pound:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:15 pm

RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:Who's Ken Ham? Never heard of him. y:^o

A young earth creationist who is in charge of the Ark Project.
Here's his site: https://answersingenesis.org/
I don't agree with all there but I think there's much good to be found.

I'm joking. I know who Ken Ham is. I used to "sing his praises" all the time. He's quite a guy. y:^o

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "sing his praises" but I guess that means you were supportive of him. Yes I'd say he's quite a guy.

When I say, "sing his praises", and "He's quite a guy", assume I'm being extremely sarcastic.

:pound:

Sometimes internet sarcasm can be hard to detect.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17159
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby RickD » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:16 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
I don't mind getting into the Hebrew and Greek,however it is really not as necessary as you may think. We have the bible translated into English,our language and it is God's word to English speaking people. But we have problems reading it in English our own language and ignore or don't understand other parts of the bible. I could give example. Like for instance 2nd Peter 3:5-7. We ignore that this text is describing a flood of the heavens and earth that caused the world at that time to be destroyed and that the earth was formed out of these waters.

We make Noah"s flood fit into it, eventhough only the earth was flooded in Noah's flood,not the heavens and earth,and that this world was not destroyed in Noah's flood,but also the earth was not formed out of waters in Noah's flood. It was formed out of waters because of Genesis 1:2. but we ignore this and claim it is talking about Noah's flood. We must ignore what the text says and describes and ignore the facts about Noah's flood,and yet it has been done by people who claim to be bible experts. This is just one example.

Just wondering, how could the heavens be flooded? Outer space can't be flooded, well then again this is God we're talking about.


It is simply what the bible tells us.It might be hard to believe the heavens and earth were flooded but the greek word heavens in 2nd Peter 3:3-7 means cosmos and then we see the word earth also.So we have to conclude the cosmos(heavens)and the earth was flooded which caused the former world to perish.We also can see the earth is flooded in Genesis 1:2 and this is why on the second day God removes these waters and divides them off of the earth.The earth was formed out of these waters also.So if we blend 2nd Peter 3:3-7 into it? It means both the heavens and earth were flooded.This did not happen in Noah's flood by the way,only the earth was flooded so this flood was much,much worse than Noah's flood. I don't have it anymore but I used to have a link that shows that aging dying stars produce water.

And this folks, is why nobody believes in the Gap Theory.

What do you think 2nd Peter 3:3-7 is referring to? Noah's flood? I'm not a gap theorist but he brought up a fair point.

I believe 2nd Peter 3:6 is referring to Noah's flood.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 17159
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Living in Parricide just north of Jacob's bosom

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby RickD » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:16 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:A young earth creationist who is in charge of the Ark Project.
Here's his site: https://answersingenesis.org/
I don't agree with all there but I think there's much good to be found.

I'm joking. I know who Ken Ham is. I used to "sing his praises" all the time. He's quite a guy. y:^o

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "sing his praises" but I guess that means you were supportive of him. Yes I'd say he's quite a guy.

When I say, "sing his praises", and "He's quite a guy", assume I'm being extremely sarcastic.

:pound:

Sometimes internet sarcasm can be hard to detect.

Not once you get to know me. :D
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Both neanderthals and humans mated with each other.What does your creation interpretation say?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:24 pm

RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:
thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
RickD wrote:I'm joking. I know who Ken Ham is. I used to "sing his praises" all the time. He's quite a guy. y:^o

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "sing his praises" but I guess that means you were supportive of him. Yes I'd say he's quite a guy.

When I say, "sing his praises", and "He's quite a guy", assume I'm being extremely sarcastic.

:pound:

Sometimes internet sarcasm can be hard to detect.

Not once you get to know me. :D

I'm slowly beginning to.


Return to “Creation Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest