Bed Bugs ?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Post by RickD »

Don't forget spiders. Apparently, they used their webs to catch fruits and vegetables.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

theophilus wrote:
Obviously there could have been no parasites either, so bedbugs must have had another function. We can speculate about what it was but there is no way we can ever know for certain.
Must've evolved! ;)
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Gilligan
Familiar Member

Post by Gilligan »

RickD wrote:Don't forget spiders. Apparently, they used their webs to catch fruits and vegetables.
And bedbugs sucked blood from turnips.
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. - Romans 6:15
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Boa constrictors originally used their constricting, to make orange juice from oranges.

And rattlesnakes use their vipers to get coconut milk from coconuts. And then they evolved, to be able to make venom.

Sharks used their powerful jaws to crunch down on seaweed.

Tigers and other cats used their sharp claws, teeth, and hunting ability, to sneak up on gazelles. Not to eat them, but to be the best hide-and-go-seekers of the animal kingdom.

And rhinos, elephants, rams, and other animals with tusks and horns, didn't use them for defense from animals. They used them to ward off mosquitos. Oh wait...mosquitos didn't suck blood. They sucked juice from fruit.

8-}2 :pound:

-Edward R Murrow

EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Boa constrictors originally used their constricting, to make orange juice from oranges.

And rattlesnakes use their vipers to get coconut milk from coconuts. And then they evolved, to be able to make venom.

Tigers and other cats used their sharp claws, teeth, and hunting ability, to sneak up on gazelles. Not to eat them, but to be the best hide-and-go-seekers of the animal kingdom.

And rhinos, elephants, rams, and other animals with tusks and horns, didn't use them for defense from animals. They used them to ward off mosquitos. Oh wait...mosquitos didn't suck blood. They sucked juice from fruit.
I don't think you're taking the very seriously Mr.Rick ... :esurprised: :clap: :pound:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:

I don't think you're taking the very seriously Mr.Rick ... :esurprised: :clap: :pound:
Oh no ES. I'm trying to answer theophilus' post. He said that there was no death before the fall, and all animals were vegetarians.

He also said:
Obviously there could have been no parasites either, so bedbugs must have had another function. We can speculate about what it was but there is no way we can ever know for certain.
So, I was just speculating about what certain predators and other animals who have "built in defenses" against predators, would've been doing before the fall.

My speculation may seem silly. But is it really any more silly than saying certain animals that have obviously been built for predation, were created that way by God, but really weren't made to be predators?

-Edward R Murrow

EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

My speculation may seem silly. But is it really any more silly than saying certain animals that have obviously been built for predation, were created that way by God, but really weren't made to be predators?
No ... so, as you were ... don't want to be in the way ! :lol:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

No predators before the Fall?

Seriously?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Have you ever saw a T-Rex dinosaur? Are you claiming they were vegetarian?
No, I never saw one. I am not the one claiming they were vegetarian; the Bible says they were.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

theophilus wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Have you ever saw a T-Rex dinosaur? Are you claiming they were vegetarian?
No, I never saw one. I am not the one claiming they were vegetarian; the Bible says they were.
Where?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
theophilus
Valued Member

Post by theophilus »

Storyteller wrote:
theophilus wrote:
Where?
"And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
(Genesis 1:30 ESV)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

That`s a bit ambiguous though, isn`t it?
I ask because I always thought that an argument put forward by a lot of atheists is the fact that dinosaurs aren`t mentioned in the Bible.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

theophilus wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
theophilus wrote:
Where?
"And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
(Genesis 1:30 ESV)
Dinosaur T-Rex ate meat it lets me know your interpretation is wrong. You won't find dinosaurs mentioned anywhere in the bible which is why I asked this question,because they lived in the former world and we know they ate meat and were ferocious predators.This means your interpretation is wrong because God's word will not contradict what his creation says,they go to together when we have the correct interpretation and we do not have to ignore God's creation in order to believe our interpretation.So I think you should question your interpretation.When God's creation goes against your interpretation? We should always question our interpretation,I hope this helps.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
theophilus
Valued Member

Post by theophilus »

Storyteller wrote:That`s a bit ambiguous though, isn`t it?
I ask because I always thought that an argument put forward by a lot of atheists is the fact that dinosaurs aren't mentioned in the Bible.
Don't rely on what atheists say about the Bible. Job mentions two dinosaurs, behemoth and leviathan.

http://sixdaysblog.com/2015/08/23/ident ... leviathan/
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

theophilus wrote:
Storyteller wrote:That`s a bit ambiguous though, isn`t it?
I ask because I always thought that an argument put forward by a lot of atheists is the fact that dinosaurs aren't mentioned in the Bible.
Don't rely on what atheists say about the Bible. Job mentions two dinosaurs, behemoth and leviathan.

http://sixdaysblog.com/2015/08/23/ident ... leviathan/
To be fair I don`t rely on what anyone says about the Bible. I like coming to my own conclusions.
I will have a read of Job, thanks :)