Bed Bugs ?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
User avatar
Gilligan
Familiar Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:21 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: On The Island

Bed Bugs ?

Postby Gilligan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:46 am

I understand why God created carnivores and why predatory activity is necessary so that an ecosystem meltdown doesn't happen. I understand the purpose for death before and after the Fall. I also understand how these things exist in a "very good" creation.

But how do bed bugs fit into the ecosystem? They are not prey for anything. Their only purpose is to bite humans and irritate us. This seems to be an argument that bed bugs came after the Fall. But Satan cannot create life including pests.
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. - Romans 6:15

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18089
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby RickD » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:15 am

Gilligan wrote:I understand why God created carnivores and why predatory activity is necessary so that an ecosystem meltdown doesn't happen. I understand the purpose for death before and after the Fall. I also understand how these things exist in a "very good" creation.

But how do bed bugs fit into the ecosystem? They are not prey for anything. Their only purpose is to bite humans and irritate us. This seems to be an argument that bed bugs came after the Fall. But Satan cannot create life including pests.

Google is your friend.

This is the first hit on a Google search:
http://askbettybedbug.blogspot.com/2013/05/on-purpose-of-bed-bugs.html?m=1
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Gilligan
Familiar Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:21 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: On The Island

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby Gilligan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:16 am

I saw in the article they are for keeping other parasites from filling a niche, but why would God have parasites in the first place? Why this niche?
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. - Romans 6:15

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18089
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby RickD » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:57 am

Google it! :fighting:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Nessa
Make me a Sammich Member
Posts: 2963
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 pm
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby Nessa » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Well, obviously if we didnt have bed bugs we wouldn't be able to say 'mind the bed bugs dont bite' before we go to sleep. No brainer!

Its all about the saying :consent:

theophilus
Valued Member
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:11 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Contact:

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby theophilus » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:15 pm

Gilligan wrote:I saw in the article they are for keeping other parasites from filling a niche, but why would God have parasites in the first place? Why this niche?

Conditions were very different before the fall. For one thing, there was no death and all animals were vegetarians.

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
(Genesis 1:29-30 ESV)


Obviously there could have been no parasites either, so bedbugs must have had another function. We can speculate about what it was but there is no way we can ever know for certain.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18089
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby RickD » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:06 pm

theophilus wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I saw in the article they are for keeping other parasites from filling a niche, but why would God have parasites in the first place? Why this niche?

Conditions were very different before the fall. For one thing, there was no death and all animals were vegetarians.

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
(Genesis 1:29-30 ESV)


Obviously there could have been no parasites either, so bedbugs must have had another function. We can speculate about what it was but there is no way we can ever know for certain.

y@-)
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

Hortator
Senior Member
Posts: 654
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 5:00 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ohio

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby Hortator » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Your argument is a good one, why would God create a universe where parasites can exist.

I think it goes like this, though it is very abstract: if we as humans were immune to parasites, we'd think we had "special blood" or were somehow divine beings, which is not biblical truth. Now, of course we know better than to think we are somehow of sacred lineage. But our ancestors of yore, pagans, would have believed this. Thus Christianity would have been a hard sell to Europe. Thus history would be a lot different, and possibly affect prophecy both past and present.

We as humans have little idea just how finely tuned this universe is. One single tweak, and the entire equation can turn into a mess, like an error in programming code crashing the whole server for instance (I dont know computer science lingo)

User avatar
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3280
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:13 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Contact:

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby neo-x » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:34 am

RickD wrote:
theophilus wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I saw in the article they are for keeping other parasites from filling a niche, but why would God have parasites in the first place? Why this niche?

Conditions were very different before the fall. For one thing, there was no death and all animals were vegetarians.

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
(Genesis 1:29-30 ESV)


Obviously there could have been no parasites either, so bedbugs must have had another function. We can speculate about what it was but there is no way we can ever know for certain.

y@-)


Ditto on that, Rick.
People treat facts as relevant more when the facts tend to support their opinions. When the facts are against their opinions, they don't necessarily deny the facts, but they say the facts are less relevant or insignificant. This is ofcourse because believing things that make you feel comfortable, takes a priority. And I think that should not be the case if one is after truth.

http://johnadavid.wordpress.com

User avatar
Gilligan
Familiar Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:21 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: On The Island

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby Gilligan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:11 am

RickD wrote:Google it! :fighting:

The reason I didn't use Google is because I'm sure it would have led me to a YEC blaming bedbugs on Adam's Fall, which would have been unhelpful.
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. - Romans 6:15

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18089
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby RickD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:47 am

Gilligan wrote:
RickD wrote:Google it! :fighting:

The reason I didn't use Google is because I'm sure it would have led me to a YEC blaming bedbugs on Adam's Fall, which would have been unhelpful.

Actually no. I googled it. There's enough links that are scientific, that you can get your answer. When looking for science answers, I ignore pseudoscientific sites like AIG.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 5596
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby Philip » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:29 pm

Conditions were very different before the fall. For one thing, there was no death and all animals were vegetarians.


Yep, dem lions were eating large amounts of GRASS! And you can tell, because instead of giant canines, they used to have only molars. :roll:

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 5596
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby Philip » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Hugh Ross / Reasons to Believe on the importance of and reasons for the existence of parasites:

http://www.reasons.org/articles/why-would-a-good-god-create-parasites

http://www.reasons.org/articles/misunderstood-creatures-a-roundup-of-creepy-crawly-articles-and-podcasts
(scroll down to "Viruses, Bacteria and Parasites")

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18089
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby RickD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:49 pm

What's ironic, is that YECs who believe the earth is only 6-10 thousand years old, and that all animals were vegetarians before Adam sinned, think animals somehow evolved to start eating meat. And their evolution happened much, much faster than the billions of years that most evolutionists believe in.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4141
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Postby abelcainsbrother » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:55 pm

theophilus wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I saw in the article they are for keeping other parasites from filling a niche, but why would God have parasites in the first place? Why this niche?

Conditions were very different before the fall. For one thing, there was no death and all animals were vegetarians.

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.” And it was so.
(Genesis 1:29-30 ESV)


Obviously there could have been no parasites either, so bedbugs must have had another function. We can speculate about what it was but there is no way we can ever know for certain.


Have you ever saw a T-Rex dinosaur? Are you claiming they were vegetarian?
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.


Return to “Creation Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest