Bed Bugs ?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Bed Bugs ?

Post by Mallz »

I'm in agreement with Theophilus, here. And don't forget that they will all go back to being vegetarian and living in peace with each other. Isaiah 65:25 "The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord."
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Quick question?

Why wouldn`t there be predators? I mean, it`s just part of the cycle of life isn`t it? Christ provided and ate fish didn`t He? Why would He do that if we were meant to be vegetarian?
Aren`t all the animals here for us, to eat, to use, to love, to look after? They don`t have eternal life through Christ so are they not here to sustain us through our earthly life?

Or, is it a case of when we all join God there will be no more death, no more predators? Will there be animals in Heaven?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

Storyteller wrote:Quick question?

Why wouldn`t there be predators? I mean, it`s just part of the cycle of life isn`t it? Christ provided and ate fish didn`t He? Why would He do that if we were meant to be vegetarian?
Aren`t all the animals here for us, to eat, to use, to love, to look after? They don`t have eternal life through Christ so are they not here to sustain us through our earthly life?

Or, is it a case of when we all join God there will be no more death, no more predators? Will there be animals in Heaven?
It was only after the flood that God authorized eating meat.

Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.
(Genesis 9:3-4 ESV)
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

theophilus wrote:
Storyteller wrote:Quick question?

It was only after the flood that God authorized eating meat.

Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.
(Genesis 9:3-4 ESV)
The way Genesis 1:28,29,30 is written grammar and contextually indicates that animals could have been used for food in both Hebrew and Greek text of Genesis. True, it is not clear if Adam and Eve dinned on steak or not with their salad but they could have. Meat protein is important to human growth and different from plant proteins. You do not need a lot of meat proteins but the human body does need them nevertheless for proper health.

Also to consider is that Adam was charged with naming animals which means assigning them their character. In the Garden, maybe the beast did not devour each other but once out of the garden - who knows?

How does this relate to bed bugs? Are the eatable? Sort of like croutons on a salad maybe? Yum!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
danish53
Newbie Member

Post by danish53 »

Hello,

Bed bus is a bad problem, growing 70% in the last 3 years, there are a lot of misconceptions about where bed bugs come from, how they ... After treatment, thoroughly clean the areas of infestation. ... between the bed bug problem can definitely understand the cheesecloth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

danish53 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:21 pm Hello,

Bed bus is a bad problem, growing 70% in the last 3 years, there are a lot of misconceptions about where bed bugs come from, how they ... After treatment, thoroughly clean the areas of infestation. ... between the bed bug problem can definitely understand the cheesecloth.
I agree. Bed bus is a bad problem. Anyone with a bus in his bed, definitely needs treatment.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
claysmithr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by claysmithr »

I'm pretty sure the fall was about spiritual death, not physical death, which was present before the fall. Otherwise, how could Adam be threatened with death is he didn't know what it was? Humans and animals would rapidly overpopulate without death.