Psalms 104; definitive proof that the flood was global?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Psalms 104; definitive proof that the flood was global?

Post by Bluejay4 »

I know the article(the one on whether or not the flood was a local or global event) that was written on this website claims that 104 supports a local flood event, but I believe it's actually the opposite. Psalms 104 talks about the flood after land has already been formed, and how it covered the entirety of the Earth. I'm unsure how could this be construyed to mean anything else. Maybe I'm missing something thing here?
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Psalms 104; definitive proof that the flood was global?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Bluejay4 wrote:I know the article(the one on whether or not the flood was a local or global event) that was written on this website claims that 104 supports a local flood event, but I believe it's actually the opposite. Psalms 104 talks about the flood after land has already been formed, and how it covered the entirety of the Earth. I'm unsure how could this be construyed to mean anything else. Maybe I'm missing something thing here?
As usual there is going to be different views however I believe the bible teaches a global flood in Noah's flood,however and I'm not trying to offend anybody but it is the way young earth creationists have taught it that so many people reject it. There are much,much better ways of making a case for Noah's flood that have been overlooked and one was a book that was forwarded by Albert einstien and yet it was ignored by YEC's in order to teach Noah's flood their way,also Gap Theorists do a much,much better job making a case for Noah's flood than YEC's have. I can't remember the name of the book forwarded by Albert Einstien but it made a strong case scientifically for a global flood. I'll have to see if I can find it. But there aremuch,much better ways to teach a global flood than the way YEC's have taught it. I'm not trying to offend young earth creationists just trying to be truthful.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.