The Deeps

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

The Deeps

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Wow! This teaching was a biblical brain twister for me.I recommend you get out your bible and follow along.I'm not sure that I agree with every point he makes I need to explore some of the things he brings up more.This video is 2 hours long so make sure you have time to watch it.This is a teaching from a Gap Theorist however I have not ever seen it taught from this perspective before. Don't be close-minded about it though you just might learn something from another perspective. Again I am not sure that I agree with everything he teaches but it is interesting and something to consider that I think you'll find interesting.It just might challenge the way you have always understood creation from more traditional understandings but honestly give it a listen and see what you think.
The Deeps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3CUrJ69dns
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
DanielPech
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: The Deeps

Post by DanielPech »

He takes ii Peter 3:5 without its own context of the prior verse. Peter is talking about the Flood, and about the fact that people either forget or deny the Flood. The Flood is the Sufficient Witness to a wicked world, but that world is unwilling to grant that Witness. Today, many are happy to allow the idea that Mars had one or more cataclysmic global floods, but they at the same time reject the idea that Earth ever had even one global flood, especially during the 'Late' portion of their eons-long history of Earth in which humans inhabit Earth.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

DanielPech wrote:.
He takes ii Peter 3:5 without its own context of the prior verse. Peter is talking about the Flood, and about the fact that people either forget or deny the Flood. The Flood is the Sufficient Witness to a wicked world, but that world is unwilling to grant that Witness. Today, many are happy to allow the idea that Mars had one or more cataclysmic global floods, but they at the same time reject the idea that Earth ever had even one global flood, especially during the 'Late' portion of their eons-long history of Earth in which humans inhabit Earth.
Wrong brother! Everybody knows about Noah's flood,they don't know about Lucifer's flood,this is what Peter is saying. There is Noway this prophecy could be fulfilled if it was talking about Noah's flood because everybody has heard about Noah's flood,they have overlooked Lucifer's flood though.. It is pointing you to Genesis 1:2 where this earth is in waters the heavens and earth are flooded and the waters that destroyed the former WORLD were the waters the earth was formed out of in Genesis 1:2-12,2nd Peter 3:5-6. This is also why all things have not gone on continually since the beginning of the creation also 2nd Peter 3:4.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

DanielPech wrote:.
Thing is people say there's no evidence for a global flood on earth, Mars does have evidence. But, since the Flood of Noah was a supernatural event, I'll say it's possible there is no evidence since it doesn't need to. It was not a natural event, whether global or very large but not global. Sure, it's technically a cop out but at least it makes sense.