Beginners guide to evolutionary theory

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
TheQuestor
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Beginners guide to evolutionary theory

Post by TheQuestor »

Byblos wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:
RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
DNA exist at the hand of the creator, and if the bible is true, our DNA actually is the same as Gods, which means that we should be capable, of some really great things.
Care to back this up?
Please do, Questor. I'd love to see where you came up with the idea that God has dna. And then, that our dna is actually the same as God's.

I'm always open to learn new truths. So please share your sources with us.

If God really does have dna, and our dna is the same as God's, that would mean we are God. I really hope you will enlighten us with your source for this.
It's not my idea, God created man in his image, so it seems that your arguments, are not with me, but with the bible.

PS. Everything alive that God created, has DNA, true or false?

PSS. Have you ever seen God?
So no sources then?
I can not make you accept what the bible says, thus if you do not believe in what the bible says, that is up to you.

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."…

Everything in that passage, is controlled by DNA........

Think
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

So, God's image is His dna? Is that what you're saying?

And since we have The same dna as God, one day we will be God?

Is that what you're saying?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

RickD wrote:So, God's image is His dna? Is that what you're saying?

And since we have The same dna as God, one day we will be God?

Is that what you're saying?
The bible says this----> Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."…

Answer me this, could the people who wrote the bible, have imagined walking, on the face of another planet? or would this have been a Godlike activity, and thus quite unimaginable in that particular human timeframe? Answer me this, could Moscow, or Washington DC, be destroyed at the simple push of a button? And do we know, exactly how Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, by God?

The best question of them all. Did God give us the intelligence, to probe the heavens, in quest of our heavenly Father and our future, which may have been our past? And is intelligence, and everything you are, not controlled by DNA?
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Is God not SPIRIT, Who did not take on a bodily form (at least not permanently) until The Son became God in the physical form of a Jesus? And so, at the time of man's creation, God would seem to have been purely spirit - meaning, He had no permanent physical form and thus no DNA. Today, the son indeed still has a resurrected human form - and so, does that PRESENT form STILL include human DNA?
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

Philip wrote:Is God not SPIRIT, Who did not take on a bodily form (at least not permanently) until The Son became God in the physical form of a Jesus? And so, at the time of man's creation, God would seem to have been purely spirit - meaning, He had no permanent physical form and thus no DNA. Today, the son indeed still has a resurrected human form - and so, does that PRESENT form STILL include human DNA?
Ah, if Jesus was Gods Son, and Mary was the Mother of Jesus, who was impregnated by God...........................

Then God had and has a form, consistent with enabling human birth.

No one seems to want to say this, but would God have made us inferior? or would he have done the best job he could, so that we could be masters of the Earth and sky as the bible says.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Philip wrote:
Is God not SPIRIT, Who did not take on a bodily form (at least not permanently) until The Son became God in the physical form of a Jesus? And so, at the time of man's creation, God would seem to have been purely spirit - meaning, He had no permanent physical form and thus no DNA. Today, the son indeed still has a resurrected human form - and so, does that PRESENT form STILL include human DNA?

Ah, if Jesus was Gods Son, and Mary was the Mother of Jesus, who was impregnated by God...........................

No one seems to want to say this, but would God have made us inferior? or would he have done the best job he could, so that we could be masters of the Earth and sky as the bible says.
Now you are changing your original argument, that God put His physical DNA into creating Adam - or however you view Adam's creation. If God, at the time of man's creation, was only Spirit - as He had not yet taken on flesh, per Jesus - then why would He have yet had DNA, at that point? And Mary, being human, would have passed on her genetics to Jesus.
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

Philip wrote:
Philip wrote:

Now you are changing your original argument, that God put His physical DNA into creating Adam - or however you view Adam's creation. If God, at the time of man's creation, was only Spirit - as He had not yet taken on flesh, per Jesus - then why would He have yet had DNA, at that point? And Mary, being human, would have passed on her genetics to Jesus.
Nothing is changed, one idea is the creation of man, who populated the Earth, the second is the immaculate conception of Mary. Now, if God had made man in his (DNA) image, then returned at a later date, and decided to send his Son to straighten out a screwed up place, at this point Mary would still have compatible DNA with the template for humankind. True these are two different times, but the DNA is still obviously compatible. How else could God have sent his Son, a man to Earth, unless God was the same, which is what the bible does say. Now, if you look to the best of humanity, not to religion per say, but to good people doing the work of God, the idea makes sense.

Can you envision the hand of God here? Noting that God wants only the best for those in his or her care? I can.

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Nothing is changed, one idea is the creation of man, who populated the Earth, the second is the immaculate conception of Mary. Now, if God had made man in his (DNA) image, then returned at a later date, and decided to send his Son to straighten out a screwed up place, at this point Mary would still have compatible DNA with the template for humankind. True these are two different times, but the DNA is still obviously compatible. How else could God have sent his Son, a man to Earth, unless God was the same, which is what the bible does say. Now, if you look to the best of humanity, not to religion per say, but to good people doing the work of God, the idea makes sense.
I think I've already seen too much :fruitcake: :fruitcake: :fruitcake: :fruitcake: :fruitcake: for one day! :pound:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Questor,

Something you wrote caught my eye. Perhaps you could explain what you meant when you said this:
...How else could God have sent his Son, a man to Earth, unless God was the same, which is what the bible does say...
Are you saying that God's Son, Jesus, was always human? Was Jesus of Nazareth God before he took on human form? Or are you saying that God impregnated Mary, which created the person who was Jesus of Nazareth?

I'd appreciate your explanation of your belief on what you meant. Please answer directly, without saying "The bible says..."

Please tell me what you are saying.

Thanks
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

RickD wrote:Questor,

Something you wrote caught my eye. Perhaps you could explain what you meant when you said this:
...How else could God have sent his Son, a man to Earth, unless God was the same, which is what the bible does say...
Are you saying that God's Son, Jesus, was always human? Was Jesus of Nazareth God before he took on human form? Or are you saying that God impregnated Mary, which created the person who was Jesus of Nazareth?

I'd appreciate your explanation of your belief on what you meant. Please answer directly, without saying "The bible says..."

Thanks
Jesus, was a man, born to a woman. Jesus was never God, he was the Son of God, who died as the men next to him also died. What Jesus was after the resurrection, is less clear, but I think he was still a man. Now, as for Mary, she was pregnant, gave birth, in a stable, there was a placenta, all was normal, except that the father of her Son was God. I am not saying how the immaculate conception happened, but if Mary carried the Child, the Father had compatible DNA to that of a human father. Again I remind you of the following, which has nothing to do with me.

26Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."…

Could God have explained how he created 3 billion lines of DNA code, to anyone at the time? Could he explain this now, so that the process could be copied? The one thing that is assured, is the further passage of time, and that we as a species will continue to strive for the heavens, in order to find, our future, and perhaps past as well.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

TheQuestor wrote:
Jesus, was a man, born to a woman. Jesus was never God, he was the Son of God, who died as the men next to him also died. What Jesus was after the resurrection, is less clear, but I think he was still a man. Now, as for Mary, she was pregnant, gave birth, in a stable, there was a placenta, all was normal, except that the father of her Son was God. I am not saying how the immaculate conception happened, but if Mary carried the Child, the Father had compatible DNA to that of a human father. Again I remind you of the following, which has nothing to do with me.
Thank you for directly answering what I asked. Now please change your profile so not to confuse those reading your posts. Your profile says "Christian". Please change that first, because it's not accurate. And second, so those reading your posts won't think you're posting from a Christian pov.

And just so you know, we have been having too many people coming here recently who have attempted to make this forum a platform to promote their unbiblical beliefs. If we find that you are doing this, you will be warned, then possibly banned.

Please read our Board Purpose if you haven't already done so.

Thank you

-Edward R Murrow

TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

RickD wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:
Thank you for directly answering what I asked. Now please change your profile so not to confuse those reading your posts. Your profile says "Christian". Please change that first, because it's not accurate. And second, so those reading your posts won't think you're posting from a Christian pov.

And just so you know, we have been having too many people coming here recently who have attempted to make this forum a platform to promote their unbiblical beliefs. If we find that you are doing this, you will be warned, then possibly banned.

Please read our Board Purpose if you haven't already done so.

Thank you
I am a Christian, and was married by my fathers brother, who was a priest. I thus am from a very religious family. Are you aware that the Catholic Pope, would baptize an alien, and that he said so? And that the Catholic Pope, believes in evolution, he said that too? Just because you might disagree with something, does not make it less real.

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. Thomas Aquinas.

:amen:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Questor,

One of the essential doctrines of Christianity is the deity of Jesus Christ. In other words, Jesus Christ is God. Until you trust Jesus Christ, who is God, for salvation, you are not a Christian.

Only God can save. And as the bible says, if you believe in Christ you have eternal life. But you must believe in Christ as He is. God incarnate.

If you want to trust Christ and have eternal life, and have any questions, just ask away. There are plenty of people here who will help you. :D

-Edward R Murrow

TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

One of the essential doctrines of Christianity is the deity of Jesus Christ. In other words, Jesus Christ is God. Until you trust Jesus Christ, who is God, for salvation, you are not a Christian.

Only God can save. And as the bible says, if you believe in Christ you have eternal life. But you must believe in Christ as He is. God incarnate.

If you want to trust Christ and have eternal life, and have any questions, just ask away. There are plenty of people here who will help you. :D
Question for you. Could God die like a man on a cross? Why did Jesus, not just unpin himself from the cross, and walk up to the now kneeling Romans and forgive them for their sins, would this not have made the impression of God, on the crowds? Because Jesus was the Son of God, a man, who worked the miracles of his father, thru his own hands.

But first, you should know that. To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. Thomas Aquinas.

:amen:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

TheQuestor wrote:

Thanks

26Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."…

Could God have explained how he created 3 billion lines of DNA code, to anyone at the time? Could he explain this now, so that the process could be copied? The one thing that is assured, is the further passage of time, and that we as a species will continue to strive for the heavens, in order to find, our future, and perhaps past as well.
You are making God look weak I do not believe you are representing Catholics or the vatican in your belief.And Jesus was God in human flesh the bible in 1st John warns us about your kind of doctrine ,you sound more like a Jehovah Witness than a Catholic.When God created man he designed the DNA for humans.You cannot stick DNA in "image of God" .Also there is evidence that Satan knows about DNA but is limited in the kind of life he can copy.Read about the plagues on pharaoh but Satan could not produce lice.Now we see Satan's influence in our world messing with DNA of life.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.