Beginners guide to evolutionary theory

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Beginners guide to evolutionary theory

Post by B. W. »

TheQuestor wrote:...I am a Christian, and was married by my fathers brother, who was a priest. I thus am from a very religious family. Are you aware that the Catholic Pope, would baptize an alien, and that he said so? And that the Catholic Pope, believes in evolution, he said that too? Just because you might disagree with something, does not make it less real.

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. Thomas Aquinas.
Interesting you stated that you are a Christian and then say below that you are stuck in the book of Genesis and thus admitthat you know nothing of the gospel.
TheQuestor wrote:
B. W. wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:Interesting, I actually read that several times, looking to create an argument, however your wording is excellent, and does tend to give reason to why the gospel is, not so much what it says.

If everyone had such reason, creation would be taught, alongside of evolution, and education would be far more efficient.

Thank You...!
So Questor - how has the gospel affected you?
Right now, I am actually stuck in the old testament and the book of Genesis, and the line "and God created man in his image" as if this is true, then we could all be God, or we could become God at some point in our evolution, which seems to be random, and geared to survival in various environments, but might well all be part of a complicated type of advanced plan included in the code, that we call DNA. Jesus, may have been nothing more than a guide, pointing us in the right directions, which clearly included, the very creation of life, from death, and to cure the sick, and give sight to the blind. You can find people from all over the world doing this today, including atheist, who do the work of God. If God's DNA guides us, then we will surely be taking to the heavens at some point, to look for our Father.
You answered in a format that shows that you simply do not know the gospel message at all. Being married by your fathers brother, who was a priest and being from a very religious family doesn't make one a Christian. That is like reasoning that if you live in a garage, then you are a car.

Only thru Jesus Christ can one be His own. You have not done that and show no evidence of illumination of the Holy Spirit at all to indicated you were ever saved by the Lord as evidenced by all your write everywhere you wrote on this discussion forum. So to make it easy for you, here are the ingredients of the gospel message all summed up as the death, burial, resurrection, and appearances of the resurrected Christ all summarized in 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 NET Bible

15:1 Now I want to make clear for you, brothers and sisters, the gospel that I preached to you, that you received and on which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold firmly to the message I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3 For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received—that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, 15:4 and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve… 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 NET Bible

These verses give us the heart of the gospel. Since you are stuck in Genesis and on having an appearance of religion... tell us what these central gospel truths mean or if you cannot, then please ask and we will help explain these truths to you in greater details.

You demonstrate very clearly that you have no basic knowledge of the gospel or Christ at all. You cannot hide it. You have none. You cannot fake it... YOur own words testify against you in abundance.

It is your eternal destiny that is at stake, not those responding to you. You will be held to account for all you say and do and all your motives and for all the people you sought to put of trial, those who you betrayed, those you lied against, those you stole from, all harsh words ever spoken and all grandiose schemes used seek to destroy/entrap others, all your taking from others, and how often you temp and try to put God to the test. You will be held to account and found unfit for heaven as you would corrupt it. Only Jesus Christ can wipe your slate clean thru what he accomplished upon the cross and He seeks to resurrect you into new life. The cost is absolutely free, no gimmicks, just come as you are without one plea, ask for forgiveness to be born again by his Holy Spirit. He will do the rest in you. Recall that only God can forgive sins and Jesus is God manifest in human flesh came to set humanity free from darkness. So the question comes to you - do you desire to be free from your darkness? If not, its own you. God's wrath remains unaverted, plain and simple.

Do you really have any idea what it meant for Jesus to go to that cross and what he accomplished by it? Do you really want to know are just play silly games?

Questor, you are no expert on any subject which you posted on and none need to even take to the time to answer your chiding remarks that seek to make you out as the only arbiter of truth. In that, it shows, you have not the Holy Spirit within at all.

++++++

Now to others reading Quester's post...

WE discussed often that if evidence is necessary to at least demonstrate that one is a Christian so here you have your answer objectively answered. If one is truly a Christian, there will be at least enough evidence to convict a person that one is and if not... you decide.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:
Jesus, was a man, born to a woman. Jesus was never God, he was the Son of God, who died as the men next to him also died. What Jesus was after the resurrection, is less clear, but I think he was still a man. Now, as for Mary, she was pregnant, gave birth, in a stable, there was a placenta, all was normal, except that the father of her Son was God. I am not saying how the immaculate conception happened, but if Mary carried the Child, the Father had compatible DNA to that of a human father. Again I remind you of the following, which has nothing to do with me.
Thank you for directly answering what I asked. Now please change your profile so not to confuse those reading your posts. Your profile says "Christian". Please change that first, because it's not accurate. And second, so those reading your posts won't think you're posting from a Christian pov.

And just so you know, we have been having too many people coming here recently who have attempted to make this forum a platform to promote their unbiblical beliefs. If we find that you are doing this, you will be warned, then possibly banned.

Please read our Board Purpose if you haven't already done so.

Thank you
I changed his profile myself.
Questor, we are to test the spirits. And we are to guard the board. We cannot allow someone to come to appear as Christian and then allowing him to spread anti-Christian views.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
TheQuestor
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by TheQuestor »

B. W. wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:...I am a Christian, and was married by my fathers brother, who was a priest. I thus am from a very religious family. Are you aware that the Catholic Pope, would baptize an alien, and that he said so? And that the Catholic Pope, believes in evolution, he said that too? Just because you might disagree with something, does not make it less real.

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. Thomas Aquinas.
Interesting you stated that you are a Christian and then say below that you are stuck in the book of Genesis and thus admitthat you know nothing of the gospel.
TheQuestor wrote:
B. W. wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:Interesting, I actually read that several times, looking to create an argument, however your wording is excellent, and does tend to give reason to why the gospel is, not so much what it says.

If everyone had such reason, creation would be taught, alongside of evolution, and education would be far more efficient.

Thank You...!
So Questor - how has the gospel affected you?
Right now, I am actually stuck in the old testament and the book of Genesis, and the line "and God created man in his image" as if this is true, then we could all be God, or we could become God at some point in our evolution, which seems to be random, and geared to survival in various environments, but might well all be part of a complicated type of advanced plan included in the code, that we call DNA. Jesus, may have been nothing more than a guide, pointing us in the right directions, which clearly included, the very creation of life, from death, and to cure the sick, and give sight to the blind. You can find people from all over the world doing this today, including atheist, who do the work of God. If God's DNA guides us, then we will surely be taking to the heavens at some point, to look for our Father.
You answered in a format that shows that you simply do not know the gospel message at all. Being married by your fathers brother, who was a priest and being from a very religious family doesn't make one a Christian. That is like reasoning that if you live in a garage, then you are a car.

Only thru Jesus Christ can one be His own. You have not done that and show no evidence of illumination of the Holy Spirit at all to indicated you were ever saved by the Lord as evidenced by all your write everywhere you wrote on this discussion forum. So to make it easy for you, here are the ingredients of the gospel message all summed up as the death, burial, resurrection, and appearances of the resurrected Christ all summarized in 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 NET Bible

15:1 Now I want to make clear for you, brothers and sisters, the gospel that I preached to you, that you received and on which you stand, 2 and by which you are being saved, if you hold firmly to the message I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3 For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received—that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, 15:4 and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve… 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 NET Bible

These verses give us the heart of the gospel. Since you are stuck in Genesis and on having an appearance of religion... tell us what these central gospel truths mean or if you cannot, then please ask and we will help explain these truths to you in greater details.

You demonstrate very clearly that you have no basic knowledge of the gospel or Christ at all. You cannot hide it. You have none. You cannot fake it... YOur own words testify against you in abundance.

It is your eternal destiny that is at stake, not those responding to you. You will be held to account for all you say and do and all your motives and for all the people you sought to put of trial, those who you betrayed, those you lied against, those you stole from, all harsh words ever spoken and all grandiose schemes used seek to destroy/entrap others, all your taking from others, and how often you temp and try to put God to the test. You will be held to account and found unfit for heaven as you would corrupt it. Only Jesus Christ can wipe your slate clean thru what he accomplished upon the cross and He seeks to resurrect you into new life. The cost is absolutely free, no gimmicks, just come as you are without one plea, ask for forgiveness to be born again by his Holy Spirit. He will do the rest in you. Recall that only God can forgive sins and Jesus is God manifest in human flesh came to set humanity free from darkness. So the question comes to you - do you desire to be free from your darkness? If not, its own you. God's wrath remains unaverted, plain and simple.

Do you really have any idea what it meant for Jesus to go to that cross and what he accomplished by it? Do you really want to know are just play silly games?

Questor, you are no expert on any subject which you posted on and none need to even take to the time to answer your chiding remarks that seek to make you out as the only arbiter of truth. In that, it shows, you have not the Holy Spirit within at all.

++++++

Now to others reading Quester's post...

WE discussed often that if evidence is necessary to at least demonstrate that one is a Christian so here you have your answer objectively answered. If one is truly a Christian, there will be at least enough evidence to convict a person that one is and if not... you decide.
-
-
-
Do you believe in evolution, as the leader of the Catholic religion does? and would you baptize an alien, as the Catholic Pope would? and if you do or would not, am I going to hell, because of what you believe? Understanding, that I am faithful to my religion? http://www.onenewsnow.com/church/2014/1 ... #.VJ1W_psA
Last edited by TheQuestor on Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

1over137 wrote:
RickD wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:
Jesus, was a man, born to a woman. Jesus was never God, he was the Son of God, who died as the men next to him also died. What Jesus was after the resurrection, is less clear, but I think he was still a man. Now, as for Mary, she was pregnant, gave birth, in a stable, there was a placenta, all was normal, except that the father of her Son was God. I am not saying how the immaculate conception happened, but if Mary carried the Child, the Father had compatible DNA to that of a human father. Again I remind you of the following, which has nothing to do with me.
Thank you for directly answering what I asked. Now please change your profile so not to confuse those reading your posts. Your profile says "Christian". Please change that first, because it's not accurate. And second, so those reading your posts won't think you're posting from a Christian pov.

And just so you know, we have been having too many people coming here recently who have attempted to make this forum a platform to promote their unbiblical beliefs. If we find that you are doing this, you will be warned, then possibly banned.

Please read our Board Purpose if you haven't already done so.

Thank you
I changed his profile myself.
Questor, we are to test the spirits. And we are to guard the board. We cannot allow someone to come to appear as Christian and then allowing him to spread anti-Christian views.
Again, do you believe in evolution, as the leader of the Catholic religion does? and would you baptize an alien, as the Catholic Pope would? and if you do or would not, am I going to hell, because of what you believe? Understanding, that I am faithful to my religion? http://www.onenewsnow.com/church/2014/1 ... #.VJ1W_psA
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Belief in evolution is not an essential Christian belief.

It has nothing to do with one going to hell.

People go to hell because they don't believe in Christ and have eternal life.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

RickD wrote:Belief in evolution is not an essential Christian belief.

It has nothing to do with one going to hell.

People go to hell because they don't believe in Christ and have eternal life.
Belief in evolution, is taught in Catholic schools, a non Catholic, or even a Catholic, who is not educated in a Catholic school, might not know this. There are people all over, who preach, that those who do not believe EXACTLY as they are told, by a particular representative of a religion are going to hell. Evidence of this is abundant, as the preachers of these ideas are typically quite bold. An endorsement of evolutionary science, is an invitation to the devil, for many.

For Example.

https://creationsciencestudy.wordpress. ... rite-myth/

Greetings True Christians!

Did you know that evolution is a lie created by Satan to lead True Christian youth away from the Truth of the Bible and into the depths of Hell? That’s right boys and girls! Satan gave the doctrine of evolution to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. What is the doctrine of evolution? The doctrine of evolution is the false faith that God did not create the universe, but rather that man is equal to God and created God. This is pure rubbish, but is at the core of the evilution myth. Evolution is exactly what Satan wants you to believe! Evolution is a lie, and Satan loves this lie because it leads people away form God! Let’s look at some icons of evolution, and use them to prove that evolution fails. I use the term “icons of evolution” as a tribute to Jonathan Wells, brilliant Christian scientist and soldier for Jesus. While many of my “icons” are different, the mission is the same. We will defeat Darwinism by explaining the truth!

So ignorance abounds.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Ignorance abounds indeed.

And that ignorance is evident in the paragraph you quoted from the link. Especially this part:
... Satan gave the doctrine of evolution to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. What is the doctrine of evolution? The doctrine of evolution is the false faith that God did not create the universe, but rather that man is equal to God and created God...
What "doctrine of evolution" is the author referring to that claims that?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

RickD wrote:Ignorance abounds indeed.

And that ignorance is evident in the paragraph you quoted from the link. Especially this part:
... Satan gave the doctrine of evolution to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. What is the doctrine of evolution? The doctrine of evolution is the false faith that God did not create the universe, but rather that man is equal to God and created God...
•Six-Day Creationism: The universe was formed in six 24-hour days.
•Young Earth Creationism: Following a biblical timeline, the world is about 6,000 to 10,000 years old.

Good question, but I can't tell you, since I only understand Catholicism, and like the Pope, believe in evolution. However creationist ministries that believe that the World is 5,000 to 10,000 years old are abundant, and are clearly part of the reason that ID is not taught in the U.S. public school system. http://creation.com/defense-of-six-day-creation Playing with rattlesnakes is also part of some religious activities, for Christians https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95B3WnKwnt8

Is someone going to claim that I am not a Christian, because if and when I see a rattlesnake, in the woods, that I leave it alone and do not bring it to Church on Sunday, to prove my devotion?

Should kids be allowed to handle rattlesnakes? Did Jesus ever handle a viper, and encourage others to do so?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

TheQuestor wrote:

•Young Earth Creationism: Following a biblical timeline, the world is about 6,000 to 10,000 years old.

Good question, but I can't tell you, since I only understand Catholicism, and like the Pope, believe in evolution. However creationist ministries that believe that the World is 5,000 to 10,000 years old are abundant, and are clearly part of the reason that ID is not taught in the U.S. public school system. http://creation.com/defense-of-six-day-creation Playing with rattlesnakes is also part of some religious activities, for Christians https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95B3WnKwnt8

Is someone going to claim that I am not a Christian, because if and when I see a rattlesnake, in the woods, that I leave it alone and do not bring it to Church on Sunday, to prove my devotion?

Should kids be allowed to handle rattlesnakes? Did Jesus ever handle a viper, and encourage others to do so?
Are you saying you believe in evolution because the Pope does? I have heard Catholic apologetics before and it agrees with everything atheists believe except that there is no God. It is kind of funny to me when I hear it.Evolution is not a salvation issue but it is a deception by Satan if it is not true,look at all of the people it has turned into atheists? Atheists preach evolution,it is their god now and Richard Dawkins will tell you evolution contradicts the bible, even atheists know it does which is one reason they preach it so much and have faith in it instead of God.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
TheQuestor
Established Member

Post by TheQuestor »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:

Are you saying you believe in evolution because the Pope does? I have heard Catholic apologetics before and it agrees with everything atheists believe except that there is no God. It is kind of funny to me when I hear it.Evolution is not a salvation issue but it is a deception by Satan if it is not true,look at all of the people it has turned into atheists? Atheists preach evolution,it is their god now and Richard Dawkins will tell you evolution contradicts the bible, even atheists know it does which is one reason they preach it so much and have faith in it instead of God.
I believe in evolution, because I see evidence for it, as does the Pope see the same evidence.

You have not heard anything here, you are reading.

My dog is evolved from the Wolf, the teosinte plant was evolved into corn, these things were not done by the devil (who you claim to have seen in another thread) these things were created by man.

Richard Dawkins, babbles that a nerve in a giraffe, is stupid, because no designer would design a useless nerve. What he can't see, is that the nerve, is part of a single blueprint, that can swim, run and fly. This is like a human blueprint for a submarine, car and jet, that no longer need a builder, but that reinvent each other from generation to generation. If humans could do this, there would be no factories, as the single blueprint of the creators DNA would do everything, as it does. This man is quite intelligent, and quite blind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO1a1Ek-HD0
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

TheQuestor wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
TheQuestor wrote:

I believe in evolution, because I see evidence for it, as does the Pope see the same evidence.

You have not heard anything here, you are reading.

My dog is evolved from the Wolf, the teosinte plant was evolved into corn, these things were not done by the devil (who you claim to have seen in another thread) these things were created by man.

Richard Dawkins, babbles that a nerve in a giraffe, is stupid, because no designer would design a useless nerve. What he can't see, is that the nerve, is part of a single blueprint, that can swim, run and fly. This is like a human blueprint for a submarine, car and jet, that no longer need a builder, but that reinvent each other from generation to generation. If humans could do this, there would be no factories, as the single blueprint of the creators DNA would do everything, as it does. This man is quite intelligent, and quite blind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO1a1Ek-HD0
None of the examples of evidence you gave dogs from wolves or corn is life evolving and corn would no longer grow if man did not keep it growing.reproduction is not life evolving.I want to see evidence life evolves.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Neo-x I haven't heard from you in awhile.If you are mad at me there is no reason to be mad at me just because I reject evolution.Many people reject the Gap theory that I believe is true and yet I don't get mad because I know I can back it up biblically,so I don't get mad as most people do not know about it and have only heard false things about it from critics who have told lies about it but don't really know about it or understand it.

You said earlier that you would not believe the Gap theory was being preached in Christian churches before Charles Darwin wrote his book "The origin of species" in 1859 and the evidence of an old heavens and earth,fossils,etc were being used to prove the Gap theory true but evolutionists hijacked this evidence away from Christians and made it fit into evolution,you said you would not believe or accept this but I can give evidence that Rev. Thomas Chalmers was preaching the gap theory before Charles Darwin,but you say you won't accept it. Will evidence change your mind?

I cannot change your mind about evolution so I'll ask for evidence in science that is the reason you believe life evolves like a dinosaur evolving over time to be a bird.Evolution teaches this is true but has never been able to produce evidence to back this up,plus it violates God's word because Genesis says the life God created has the power to produce after its kind,evolution would violate this,no kind of life like a dinosaur could ever change over time to become a bird.If you have evidence you should just present it and not get mad or frustrated that I don't see the evidence in science that confirms it.

neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Neo-x I haven't heard from you in awhile.If you are mad at me there is no reason to be mad at me just because I reject evolution.
I am not mad ACB, I am tired, I have stopped trying to convince people of this. My experience says that a vast majority of people hardly engage in the effort of reading papers, they will just google up a creationist site, read a one page article which says otherwise and comeback and post and tell me the science paper is wrong. So I say, why bother?

I already gave the link to the evolution resource thread, please go through that if you will. The evidence is right there, its also in you, your ancestors and your child. Without evolution, nothing in biology makes sense.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

neo-x wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Neo-x I haven't heard from you in awhile.If you are mad at me there is no reason to be mad at me just because I reject evolution.
I am not mad ACB, I am tired, I have stopped trying to convince people of this. My experience says that a vast majority of people hardly engage in the effort of reading papers, they will just google up a creationist site, read a one page article which says otherwise and comeback and post and tell me the science paper is wrong. So I say, why bother?

I already gave the link to the evolution resource thread, please go through that if you will. The evidence is right there, its also in you, your ancestors and your child. Without evolution, nothing in biology makes sense.
I know exactly what you mean by trying to convince people,and you are right,people do just parrot what they have heard,but I assure you I am not just parroting what I've heard about evolution.I have done what you suggested and actually went through the evidence for evolution and now I know about evolution.I was reading bible commentary the other night and this bible commentary was from the 1930's and it was making pretty much the same arguments against evolution that we see Christian's using today,and I thought evolution had not been proven or demonstrated then and it still hasn't been.The 1930's.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

neo-x wrote:

I got tired of the accusations and being talked down to like I am some second class Christian and not only on the topic of evolution but also on other various controversial subjects concerning Christian doctrine.

I think the diatribe of one of the posters above is a prime example of this.

So much effort is put into destroying the opponent and none is put into being like Christ and I think it is really sad.

Hence why I took an extended break from this forum, but now I am back with a fresh outlook and I am going to try hard to not engage with such people and also try hard not to be one of those people also.

On the topic however, I have never read a book on evolution, so I am not really helpful. :lol:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.