Wolf to Dog or vice versa

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Wolf to Dog or vice versa

Post by twinc »

How is it and why is it that the dog evolved from the wolf and not vice versa or that man evolve from the Ape/Primate and not vice versa -twinc
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Wolf to Dog or vice versa

Post by Ivellious »

Wolves are the wild ancestors of dogs. When some dogs came to be domesticated by humans, they were bred to have certain traits that helped them aid humans in hunting and companionship in general. The domestication brought these dogs to other parts of the world that their wolf ancestors were not accustomed to living in, and thus the dogs were bred to live in these new conditions. After dogs were no longer exclusively used by humans for hunting, some dogs were bred to have certain looks and physical features that were "desirable" to their human counterparts. That is why many breeds of dogs today would make awful hunting dogs...they were bred for looks, not hunting.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:How is it and why is it that the dog evolved from the wolf and not vice versa or that man evolve from the Ape/Primate and not vice versa -twinc
Man did not evolve from Ape. Give up your weird and wacky ways infinitum absurdum and come home-rickd
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Man did not evolve from Ape. Give up your weird and wacky ways infinitum absurdum and come home-rickd
While theologically and scientifically, I reject macro evolution in all of its offshoots, there are, however, certain politicians and a few relatives that sometimes make me wonder whether or not it offers at least a partial explanation for some of their less-refined characteristics. :esad: Only thing is that some of them (remember the classic chart from high school?) are more like the third monkey back (although I won't say from which end of the line), rather than fully modern humans. :shock:
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

Ivellious wrote:Wolves are the wild ancestors of dogs. When some dogs came to be domesticated by humans, they were bred to have certain traits that helped them aid humans in hunting and companionship in general. The domestication brought these dogs to other parts of the world that their wolf ancestors were not accustomed to living in, and thus the dogs were bred to live in these new conditions. After dogs were no longer exclusively used by humans for hunting, some dogs were bred to have certain looks and physical features that were "desirable" to their human counterparts. That is why many breeds of dogs today would make awful hunting dogs...they were bred for looks, not hunting.
surely dogs should have been intelligently designed first and then man could have bred a wolf or two or more if desired - unless of course wolves were intelligently designed and in the case of humans Primates were intelligently designed - surely human should have been intelligently designed first and they could then have evolved monkeys and Apes etc from humans - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

surely dogs should have been intelligently designed first and then man could have bred a wolf or two or more if desired - unless of course wolves were intelligently designed and in the case of humans Primates were intelligently designed - surely human should have been intelligently designed first and they could then have evolved monkeys and Apes etc from humans - twinc
Twinc, who is "they" that's doing the evolving, in your evolution theory?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

Ivellious wrote:Wolves are the wild ancestors of dogs. When some dogs came to be domesticated by humans, they were bred to have certain traits that helped them aid humans in hunting and companionship in general. The domestication brought these dogs to other parts of the world that their wolf ancestors were not accustomed to living in, and thus the dogs were bred to live in these new conditions. After dogs were no longer exclusively used by humans for hunting, some dogs were bred to have certain looks and physical features that were "desirable" to their human counterparts. That is why many breeds of dogs today would make awful hunting dogs...they were bred for looks, not hunting.
it seems not - there was nothing or reason for them to be wild - so would a not wild wolf be a dog or a not wild Ape a human - twinc
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

And the interesting thing: Today we have every type of dog imaginable - from a tiny Mexican Hairless to Great Danes and Great Pyrenees (my fav). And these dog breeds are the result of extremely selective, sophisticated breeding, over many centuries - and in a few breeds, over THOUSANDS of years. From the days of ships, new dog breeds were introduced and thus selectively bred to other breeds in remote lands, and in areas where the introduced breeds would never have been bred to native breeds - not naturally, anyway. And so man has stepped into the canine world, superseded natural processes and geography to create a truly amazing array of every conceivable size and physical type of dog. But despite all of this deliberate, calculated breeding, no one has ever been able to breed a dog so as that its offspring were anything other than just another type of dog. And mutations in dogs - and other animals are almost always harmful, and frequently, are sterile.

And so when we examine the various supposed processes of blind, random naturalism, we supposedly have millions of species optimizing their survival, even changing into countless new species and forms, through mutations and natural selection, virtually overnight - BY DUMB CHANCE??? We're to believe that prior to 543 million years agos, when earth life consisted of nothing more than cryptogamic colonies, primitive sponges and jellyfish, and life limped along at such a primitive level, for 543 MILLION YEARS, that suddenly/dramatically/inexplicably, in a mere 2 to 3 million years, around 40 or so phyla of complex animals appeared, including 24 or 25 of the 30 animal phyla that exist today. At the Cambrian, you not only have complex animal phyla show up virtually overnight (evolutionary wise), but you also have complete ecologies. You have predator/prey relationships already integrated and at a very sophisticated level - ALREADY at the Cambrian Explosion's very beginning.

All of the various macro evolutionary, Darwinist/neo-Darwinist tales all depend upon one common ingredient - extraordinarily LONG PERIODS OF TIME. But such time was unnecessary and unavailable to whatever happened during the Cambrian, as during it earth experienced an incredible explosion of species with sophisticated and virtually incomprehensible complexity and interaction - all in under 3 million years - BY ITSELF, and through purely random, totally unguided processes of pure chance. Explain that! The person who believes the Cambrian was the result of pure Naturalism has way more faith than I ever will!