The Thinker.....says no to evolution

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

The Thinker.....says no to evolution

Post by twinc »

Could it just possibly be that somewhere,somehow "there blooms a flower unseen and wastes its sweetness on the desert air" - I await flawed assumptions and presumptions to be corrected and put back on the derailed track so there will be no excuse to come home - twinc
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The Thinker.....says no to evolution

Post by Silvertusk »

twinc - Could you prehaps lighten the tone of your post please - you are approaching this with an air of smugness and arrogance which is unChristian. Please be nicer.

Silvertusk.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

Silvertusk wrote:twinc - Could you prehaps lighten the tone of your post please - you are approaching this with an air of smugness and arrogance which is unChristian. Please be nicer.

Silvertusk.
sorry if it comes across as such to some but never ever so intended - could it just be my long time old time religion outlook on Christianity and sanity being threatened - twinc
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

We are all friends here twinc, we are not here to attack you.

We are here to discuss idea's in a Christian manner.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

twinc wrote:Could it just possibly be that somewhere,somehow "there blooms a flower unseen and wastes its sweetness on the desert air" - I await flawed assumptions and presumptions to be corrected and put back on the derailed track so there will be no excuse to come home - twinc
continued = the Thinker/Seer/Designer say no to evolution = a further objection may be made that a thing may exist in some remote untrodden part of the globe where nobody has ever pereived it and where nobody is ever likely to perceive it.Here the reply is that wherever the thing may be,it cannot be discussed as existent unless it is thought of,unless it is mentally pictured,and it cannot so be pictured unless we regard it as perceived by ourselves or by some unconsciously assumed imaginary observer.Similarly,if it be objected that it is easy to imagine a scene like the North Pole,where no observer is likely to be present but where great masses of ice exist and are known to exist,despite the non presence of anyone to see the ice,walk upon it,to feel its coldness and admire its white purity,the answer is that in thinking of the Polar region and of the ice that fills it we have not actually kept out an observer but have actually,though unconsciously,brought him to the scene to note its details.We have imagined an observer but are quite unawre of having done so - we have brought his mind there and made him think of the scene - the solid ice is known to be solid only because our unseen spectator feels its resistance beneath his feet - the world as idea exists for some mind or it cannot exist at all.Nothing has ever been known and nothing can ever be known apart from a knower[and here I would add Thinker or Designer].This is incontrovertible. No object can exist alone and unknown.Those therefore-and they are in the vast majority - who believe and assert that a thing can possess a seperate existence of its own are talking nonsense - thus the final conclusion is that look where we will,in the universe everything is because it is thought of [Dr.Paul Brunton]- by a Thinker and Designer - twinc
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

twinc wrote:
twinc wrote:Could it just possibly be that somewhere,somehow "there blooms a flower unseen and wastes its sweetness on the desert air" - I await flawed assumptions and presumptions to be corrected and put back on the derailed track so there will be no excuse to come home - twinc
continued = the Thinker/Seer/Designer say no to evolution = a further objection may be made that a thing may exist in some remote untrodden part of the globe where nobody has ever pereived it and where nobody is ever likely to perceive it.Here the reply is that wherever the thing may be,it cannot be discussed as existent unless it is thought of,unless it is mentally pictured,and it cannot so be pictured unless we regard it as perceived by ourselves or by some unconsciously assumed imaginary observer.Similarly,if it be objected that it is easy to imagine a scene like the North Pole,where no observer is likely to be present but where great masses of ice exist and are known to exist,despite the non presence of anyone to see the ice,walk upon it,to feel its coldness and admire its white purity,the answer is that in thinking of the Polar region and of the ice that fills it we have not actually kept out an observer but have actually,though unconsciously,brought him to the scene to note its details.We have imagined an observer but are quite unawre of having done so - we have brought his mind there and made him think of the scene - the solid ice is known to be solid only because our unseen spectator feels its resistance beneath his feet - the world as idea exists for some mind or it cannot exist at all.Nothing has ever been known and nothing can ever be known apart from a knower[and here I would add Thinker or Designer].This is incontrovertible. No object can exist alone and unknown.Those therefore-and they are in the vast majority - who believe and assert that a thing can possess a seperate existence of its own are talking nonsense - thus the final conclusion is that look where we will,in the universe everything is because it is thought of [Dr.Paul Brunton]- by a Thinker and Designer - twinc
The Thinker/Knower/Designer say no to Evolution - twinc