True Philosophy says no to Evolution ?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

True Philosophy says no to Evolution ?

Post by twinc »

"seek not in phoney [science] books or strange events for signs that only fools believe when the greatest miracle is closer than the air you breathe,so close yet unrecognised,so close how can we fail to see that a creature made of clay can suffer pain,feel,know and see"[anon] - twinc
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: True Philosophy says no to Evolution ?

Post by Silvertusk »

What is your question in all this?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

My question In all this is, "Why are we still putting up with this?"
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Twinc, I have to ask you, do you disagree with evolution just for humans are for all living beings?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote:My question In all this is, "Why are we still putting up with this?"

Father in heaven please grace us with your peace and understanding, help us to be patient with twinc, convict him with your holy spirit to see his un-Christian like behavior.
In Jesus Christs mighty name amen. y[-o<
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Danieltwotwenty » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:04 pm

RickD wrote:

Father in heaven please grace us with your peace and understanding, help us to be patient with twinc, convict him with your holy spirit to see his un-Christian like behavior.
In Jesus Christs mighty name amen.
:slol:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

neo-x wrote:

RickD wrote:

I was serious dude. :)
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

:oops: still gave me a laugh... :lol: No disrespect intended Dan...seriously, I just thought it was funny.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

RickD wrote:My question In all this is, "Why are we still putting up with this?"
my question is are you unable or unwilling to grasp how does the material brain communicate with the non material mind - how does mind make the miraculous leap from the physical to a non-physical immaterial entity like sensation - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:
my question is are you unable or unwilling to grasp how does the material brain communicate with the non material mind - how does mind make the miraculous leap from the physical to a non-physical immaterial entity like sensation - twinc
Now, twinc, if you posted your original post in this thread closer to this, then it wouldn't be so tiring. What you wrote here:"are you unable or unwilling to grasp how does the material brain communicate with the non material mind - how does mind make the miraculous leap from the physical to a non-physical immaterial entity like sensation", is actually a great question for those that hold to naturalism. A question that I have yet to hear a sufficient answer to, from those holding to naturalism, alone.

All I'm asking, is you present your questions, in the form of a thought out question. Not a dogmatic opinion, disguised as a question. It tends to make the conversation go smoother.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
neo-x wrote:

RickD wrote:

I was serious dude. :)
Dan, I know you were serious, and I appreciate your prayer. It didn't go unnoticed. But, I couldn't help LOLing myself. Probably because of the timing of your post, or perhaps because of my frustration. I certainly didn't mean any disrespect either. y>:D<

-Edward R Murrow

twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

RickD wrote:
twinc wrote:
Now, twinc, if you posted your original post in this thread closer to this, then it wouldn't be so tiring. What you wrote here:"are you unable or unwilling to grasp how does the material brain communicate with the non material mind - how does mind make the miraculous leap from the physical to a non-physical immaterial entity like sensation", is actually a great question for those that hold to naturalism. A question that I have yet to hear a sufficient answer to, from those holding to naturalism, alone.

All I'm asking, is you present your questions, in the form of a thought out question. Not a dogmatic opinion, disguised as a question. It tends to make the conversation go smoother.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

twinc wrote:
RickD wrote:
twinc wrote:

this is why you have been pleaded with to come home - neither Naturalism nor any other ism or way out ,weird and wacky isms have the answer which you will at last find here - so hang about awhile and maybe even at this late hour at last come home - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

PaulSacramento wrote:Twinc, I have to ask you, do you disagree with evolution just for humans are for all living beings?
Twinc, can you answer my question please?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:
twinc wrote:
RickD wrote:
twinc wrote:

this is why you have been pleaded with to come home - neither Naturalism nor any other ism or way out ,weird and wacky isms have the answer which you will at last find here - so hang about awhile and maybe even at this late hour at last come home - twinc
Twinc, I don't hold to naturalism. Please stop telling people to come home.

-Edward R Murrow