True Philosophy says no to Evolution ?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: True Philosophy says no to Evolution ?

Post by twinc »

PaulSacramento wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Twinc, I have to ask you, do you disagree with evolution just for humans are for all living beings?
Twinc, can you answer my question please?
it is not a straight forward question to me - so here is the only answer I know or can give "in the beginning,in an instant out of nothing everything that was created was created complete in its whole substance very good = no millions of years of evolution necessary or possible = evolution only possible after Origins or Original creation - man to monkey more likely or plausible - complex to simple and not vice versa and on to entropy - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Twinc, since you said you believe God created everything in an instant, you said here:
"in the beginning,in an instant out of nothing everything that was created was created complete in its whole substance very good
Does this mean you think stars were created as stars, and have always looked like they do now? Would that mean you don't believe that stellar evolution is true?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_evolution

I'm taking what you're saying about everything being created complete, in an instant, to mean that stellar evolution is not possible, in your view. Is that a correct assumption?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

twinc wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Twinc, I have to ask you, do you disagree with evolution just for humans are for all living beings?
it is not a straight forward question to me - so here is the only answer I know or can give "in the beginning,in an instant out of nothing everything that was created was created complete in its whole substance very good = no millions of years of evolution necessary or possible = evolution only possible after Origins or Original creation - man to monkey more likely or plausible - complex to simple and not vice versa and on to entropy - twinc
Well, even Genesis says that things happened over time ( in the case of the literal meaning, 6 days).
How do you account for the vast size of the universe? how stars are so far that it would take light millions of years to get here?
But beyond that, how do you account for the evolution ( changes to adapt to their environment) in viruses?
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

PaulSacramento wrote:
twinc wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Well, even Genesis says that things happened over time ( in the case of the literal meaning, 6 days).
How do you account for the vast size of the universe? how stars are so far that it would take light millions of years to get here?
But beyond that, how do you account for the evolution ( changes to adapt to their environment) in viruses?
no,no,it seems you missed the the word in an 'instant' on each of six days - viruses evolved after the Original evolution which was very good - like death they were not in the original[good]plan - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

twinc wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
twinc wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
no,no,it seems you missed the the word in an 'instant' on each of six days - viruses evolved after the Original evolution which was very good - like death they were not in the original[good]plan - twinc
So viruses evolve? yes?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

twinc wrote:no,no,it seems you missed the the word in an 'instant' on each of six days - viruses evolved after the Original evolution which was very good - like death they were not in the original[good]plan - twinc
Not part of the original plan? So they are what, an oops on God's part?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
twinc wrote:no,no,it seems you missed the the word in an 'instant' on each of six days - viruses evolved after the Original evolution which was very good - like death they were not in the original[good]plan - twinc
Not part of the original plan? So they are what, an oops on God's part?
Maybe a contingency plan, because God was surprised that Adam sinned? :scratch:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

I've heard from some creationalists that things like viruses are the result of the fall.
They didn't exist until evil entered the world.
They stay away from claiming that God created them but state they are a natural occurence of the fallen state of the world.
In short, they evolved because the world is evil BUT they never say the word evolved of course.
Some say that God created them to keep humanity in check, a "biological flood" if you will.
Some simply say they don't know why God created them but that He must have had a purpose.

The issue is that viruses have been proven to evolve, they mutate and get stronger to counter antibiotics and such.
So, that they evolve is a fact and if they can why would God not put that ability in Man and the rest of created life?
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
neo-x wrote:
Danieltwotwenty » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:04 pm

RickD wrote:
My question In all this is, "Why are we still putting up with this?"

Father in heaven please grace us with your peace and understanding, help us to be patient with twinc, convict him with your holy spirit to see his un-Christian like behavior.
In Jesus Christs mighty name amen.
:slol:

I was serious dude. :)

why not be truly serious and see where we are at already as regards the original post and question and then where we are heading - if all this is not way out,weird and wacky what is it - come on now be serious - twinc

Dan, I know you were serious, and I appreciate your prayer. It didn't go unnoticed. But, I couldn't help LOLing myself. Probably because of the timing of your post, or perhaps because of my frustration. I certainly didn't mean any disrespect either. y>:D<
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

PaulSacramento wrote:I've heard from some creationalists that things like viruses are the result of the fall.
They stay away from claiming that God created them but state they are a natural occurence of the fallen state of the world.
In short, they evolved because the world is evil BUT they never say the word evolved of course.
Some say that God created them to keep humanity in check, a "biological flood" if you will.
Some simply say they don't know why God created them but that He must have had a purpose.

The issue is that viruses have been proven to evolve, they mutate and get stronger to counter antibiotics and such.
So, that they evolve is a fact and if they can why would God not put that ability in Man and the rest of created life?
how do you know they evolve - it seems the super bug is really a super wimp but of course how would you know if no one told - so be told here - twinc
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Thats ok guys, I didn't take any offence.

I was just making sure you knew I was serious and not taking the mickey with twinc. y>:D<

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

twinc wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:I've heard from some creationalists that things like viruses are the result of the fall.

how do you know they evolve - it seems the super bug is really a super wimp but of course how would you know if no one told - so be told here - twinc
The evolve because they CHANGE to ADAPT to their environment to SURVIVE better.
You do realize that is what evolution is, right?
It is NOT how anything came to exist, but how it adapts and changes to better suit its environment and survive.