It does not move

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

It does not move

Post by twinc »

it seems the Church,Scriptures and God were right all along and Galileo was wrong - of course how could it be otherwise - see www.galileowaswrong.com and www.scripturecatholic.com under Evolution/Geocentrism - twinc
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: It does not move

Post by Reactionary »

I'd say it all depends on the perspective... for a person standing on the Earth, the Sun revolves around it, while to a person standing on the Sun (not possible due to heat, but hypothetically speaking), the Earth would revolve around the Sun. After all, with so many forces at work, who can know for sure what's revolving around what? :lol:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

so now then choose God or Galileo - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Galileo was a Christian and the church didn't "disagree" with him, they said he need more proof, that isn't the same thing.
To discount all that science has shown us to be so is to suggest a conspiracy of epic preportions with NO reason for being.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

The earth is flat! the bible says it. I believe it. That settles it. Believe the bible, or believe the NASA conspirators!!

Flat Earth FTW!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

RickD wrote:The earth is flat! the bible says it. I believe it. That settles it. Believe the bible, or believe the NASA conspirators!!

rubbish - you have an major evolution conspiracy Bible and it seems to did not go to www.scripturecatholic.com to see what most Christian Bibles say - btw it was the so called educated and scientists of the day that said the earth was flat and like elsewhere when things went flat blamed it on the Christians but were forestalled by an all seeing God - home,home is where the truth is - twinc
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:The earth is flat! the bible says it. I believe it. That settles it. Believe the bible, or believe the NASA conspirators!!

Yes! Thank you for having seen the light! G.L.O.W. is a very powerful interest-group which has fed us the lie of a round earth for hundreds of years!

The earth is FLat
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

You flat Earthers are crazy, it's a bowl.....how do you think the water stays on our earth.. jeepers.

Have you ever put water on a globe or something flat, it runs off doesn't it.

There we have it BOWL

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

which reminds me that flys and insects,spiders etc are not so wondefull walking upside down and sideways on walls and ceilings - humans are doing this very thing on different parts of the globe that is earth - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:

Yes! Thank you for having seen the light! G.L.O.W. is a very powerful interest-group which has fed us the lie of a round earth for hundreds of years!

The earth is FLat
FL, you stick with me, and the rest of the flat earthers. We're like a brotherhood. Flat Earth Forever!!!!!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Danieltwotwenty wrote:There we have it BOWL
You SIMPLETON! You've half-sold out to the Round Earthers! They will NOT respect you with your half-way, middle-of-the-road idea. The earth is flat! FLAT!

As for this,
Danieltwotwenty wrote:You flat Earthers are crazy, it's a bowl.....how do you think the water stays on our earth.. jeepers.
8-}2 OK, take a dinner plate and pour water into it until it fills the center. Now, is the water contained by the plate?! EUREKA y:O2

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

OK, take a dinner plate and pour water into it until it fills the center. Now, is the water contained by the plate?! EUREKA
Thanks FL you just proved my point as a plate is like a shallow bowl and since the Earth has a lot of water it must be a bigger bowl.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
OK, take a dinner plate and pour water into it until it fills the center. Now, is the water contained by the plate?! EUREKA
Thanks FL you just proved my point as a plate is like a shallow bowl and since the Earth has a lot of water it must be a bigger bowl.

Dan
FL, Daniel has a good point. I may have to rethink my "flat earth theory". Nevermind, the bible says the earth is flat, the earth is the center of the solar system, all times the word yom is mentioned, it has to mean "24 hour day", and, most importantly, fred flintstone had pet dinosaurs.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Thanks FL you just proved my point as a plate is like a shallow bowl and since the Earth has a lot of water it must be a bigger bowl.
RickD wrote:FL, Daniel has a good point. I may have to rethink my "flat earth theory". Nevermind, the bible says the earth is flat, the earth is the center of the solar system, all times the word yom is mentioned, it has to mean "24 hour day", and, most importantly, fred flintstone had pet dinosaurs.
Very often, new converts to Flat Earth Truth will become legalistic and insist that ''flat'' in ''flat earth'' means ''flat like a sheet of paper.'' This is just like the Israelites who obeyed the letter of the law but raped its spirit. FOOLS!

A flat earth will have mountains, lakes, valleys, rivers, plateaus, oceans and so on. Go outside and look around at the EVIDENCE! And who among you has a dinner plate that is completely flat?

FL

+ + +

+ + +
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

I was under the impression it was carrot shaped and we lived on the little flat bit at the top, you flat earth folks ain't seeing the full picture.