Christian doctrine of creation ?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Christian doctrine of creation ?

Post by twinc »

jon510 wrote:
so what exactly is your problem or point - a thousand years or more way out in the cosmos could be as a day at the centre which is earth - twinc
Actually my understanding of time dilation gives us the opposite effect of what you assert. Objects traveling at light speed out in the cosmos experience far less time passing then here on earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yirQ4YXZZVk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-R8LGy-OVs

But either way, you started out saying that millions and millions of years never happened. Now, whether it's here on earth or out in space, you are saying it did happen. :? Are you conceding that at least part of creation is old?
you have it exactly wrongly- I am countering what has been said and insisted upon that I/we accept - are we to accept that the earth is millions of years older than the cosmos - twinc
Last edited by twinc on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jon510
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by jon510 »

you have it exactly wrongly- I am countering what has been said and insisted upon that I/we accept - twinc
Countering what? Time dilation? You brought it up to support your point. Please explain what it is we all must accept?
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

jon510 wrote:
you have it exactly wrongly- I am countering what has been said and insisted upon that I/we accept - twinc
Countering what? Time dilation? You brought it up to support your point. Please explain what it is we all must accept?
are we to accept that the earth is millions of years older than the cosmos - daft I call it - of course it would have to be for any human,animal,fish,bird,insect or plant life to survive without being boiled or incinerated - twinc
jon510
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by jon510 »

are we to accept that the earth is millions of years older than the cosmos - daft I call it - of course it would have to be for any human,animal,fish,bird,insect or plant life to survive without being boiled or incinerated - twinc
No. I'm asking what is it we must accept that you claim we haven't? Why do you say there can't have been life millions of years ago? What makes you think they would be boiled? Do you have some evidence besides your word or your interpretation of scripture? I'm not asking to cause you doubt. I would just like to know how you reached your conclusions.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

jon510 wrote:
No. I'm asking what is it we must accept that you claim we haven't? Why do you say there can't have been life millions of years ago? What makes you think they would be boiled? Do you have some evidence besides your word or your interpretation of scripture? I'm not asking to cause you doubt. I would just like to know how you reached your conclusions.
anyone care to enlighten Jon,so that he doesnt have to accept my word or interpretation - I cant be fairer or surer than that - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:
jon510 wrote:
anyone care to enlighten Jon,so that he doesnt have to accept my word or interpretation - I cant be fairer or surer than that - twinc
Twinc, I'm with Jon here. Prove your assertions. No more posting your opinions without some kind of reference.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony