OCE or YEC?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Zionist
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: OCE or YEC?

Post by Zionist »

@rick
after doing research i have come to the conclusion that i lean heavily on OEC side. i do enjoy science and feel that OEC view just makes more sense to me. thnx again for the material oh and do you have any others you can recommend or share. thnx again rick
Our rightousness is of filthy rags and in the eyes of God all have gone astray and nobody is justified under the Law. We are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in Him and in Him who he has sent Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Zionist wrote:@rick
after doing research i have come to the conclusion that i lean heavily on OEC side. i do enjoy science and feel that OEC view just makes more sense to me. thnx again for the material oh and do you have any others you can recommend or share. thnx again rick
I haven't read a lot of books on the subject. But, A Matter of Days by Hugh Ross, is a must read IMO. Probably my all-time favorite book. Reasons.org has some great podcasts as well.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Zionist
Established Member

Post by Zionist »

RickD wrote:
Zionist wrote:@rick
I haven't read a lot of books on the subject. But, A Matter of Days by Hugh Ross, is a must read IMO. Probably my all-time favorite book. Reasons.org has some great podcasts as well.
thanks rick for the suggestion! i will look into picking it up when i get the chance along with crossing the homiletical bridge that jac suggested in another thread.
Our rightousness is of filthy rags and in the eyes of God all have gone astray and nobody is justified under the Law. We are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in Him and in Him who he has sent Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

This article makes me want to choke my dog:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... 4/six-days
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Zionist
Established Member

Post by Zionist »

RickD wrote:This article makes me want to choke my dog:

@Rick
that article made people who ascribe to OEC out to be enemies of God. What is wrong with people? i mean if they hold to YEC then fine but don't knock people for ascribing to an OEC point of view; instead, why not learn from each other and grow together. stuff like this is what creates more unnecessary division within the body of Christ and as someone who leans more on the OEC side it is upsetting to read such things. i view this as the same i do with the whole rapture debate. i hold to post trib point of view instead of the more common pre trib but i don't believe a person who holds to a pre trib position is an enemy of God although i have been told by pre tribers that my view on the rapture is un-biblical, that i need to go to church to find out the truth, i was also told that i don't produce good fruits and should just hold to whatever the church teaches without question since they were pastors and i am not. yeah, i'm dead serious i have been told that before during a bible study where i offered up other perspectives on the rapture. the article you linked reminded me of those things and it's sad to me when people alienate their own brothers and sisters behind their theologies. whatever happened to iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17 or edification within the body in love. Ephesians 4:16
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Zionist wrote:
RickD wrote:This article makes me want to choke my dog:

@Rick
that article made people who ascribe to OEC out to be enemies of God. What is wrong with people? i mean if they hold to YEC then fine but don't knock people for ascribing to an OEC point of view; instead, why not learn from each other and grow together. stuff like this is what creates more unnecessary division within the body of Christ and as someone who leans more on the OEC side it is upsetting to read such things. i view this as the same i do with the whole rapture debate. i hold to post trib point of view instead of the more common pre trib but i don't believe a person who holds to a pre trib position is an enemy of God although i have been told by pre tribers that my view on the rapture is un-biblical, that i need to go to church to find out the truth, i was also told that i don't produce good fruits and should just hold to whatever the church teaches without question since they were pastors and i am not. yeah, i'm dead serious i have been told that before during a bible study where i offered up other perspectives on the rapture. the article you linked reminded me of those things and it's sad to me when people alienate their own brothers and sisters behind their theologies. whatever happened to iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17 or edification within the body in love. Ephesians 4:16
Agree with you Zionist !!1

As for the Rapture - I am a Beam me Up Jesus at any Time rapture point of view :lol:
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys