Why not Evolution/creation etc?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.

What do you think Was creation?

Christ Created with Supernatural Powers Over a Extended period of time(15/4.6 Bn years.)
64%
Christ Created with Supernatural Powers Over a very Short Period of time (10000 years.)
9%
Christ is The one who governs Natural Laws helping to make the impossible possible (15/4.6bn)
14%
Other?
5%
No creation?
9%

Total votes: 22

Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Why not Evolution/creation etc?

Post by Kristoffer »

hey here is a polly it will be interesting to see responeces.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Why not Evolution/creation etc?

Post by Gabrielman »

:ebiggrin: Good poll! I picked the first one.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

That is fine ok ja? 8)
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

Well I am glad I am Still not threatened by strength of numbers :lol: Maybe I am to confident about how tough I am. :ewink:
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Are you saying in the first choice that God/Christ created, and then left? And in the third one that he created, but stayed?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

No its more like... Well, he snapped his fingers or said stuff and merely by the awesome power of his word it created, whooooosh. Yea it sounds insane but whatever. And introduced stuff like new creatures INSTANTLY and with the appearance of being descended from other life forms.--atleast its less deceptive than #2

Anyway that doesn't describe a sort of deist system, it could but if that was my intention I should of put (deist) on the poll shouldn't i? Maybe i should? Also should I put Odin and Zeus up there as well? See there can be problems with being too specific i think i made enough assumptions for this to work.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Kristoffer wrote:No its more like... Well, he snapped his fingers or said stuff and merely by the awesome power of his word it created, whooooosh. Yea it sounds insane but whatever. And introduced stuff like new creatures INSTANTLY and with the appearance of being descended from other life forms.--atleast its less deceptive than #2

Anyway that doesn't describe a sort of deist system, it could but if that was my intention I should of put (deist) on the poll shouldn't i? Maybe i should? Also should I put Odin and Zeus up there as well? See there can be problems with being too specific i think i made enough assumptions for this to work.
:econfused: . . . you wrote "Christ." We believe here that all is made through Christ. If you put something else up, then probably no one would answer. I thought you felt so great reading the hymnal or bible the other day. Was that Zeus? Are you trying to fake people out here?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

nonono i was just making a little joke about there being so many gods it wasn't zeus that made me feel anything. I felt, I want to know what it was dispite feeling the same sort of way in different situations.
inkorrekt
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by inkorrekt »

This is an oxymoron. Either Genesis 1:21 is true OR DArwin is true. Both cannot be true. Why? even by definition, they are contradictory. Evolution is only a theory proposed to explain the origin of species without the involvement of any extrahuman or supernatural power. On the other hand creation explains the origin of life and the origin of species through the supernatural action. According to the Law of noncontradiction, NO TWO OPPOSING VIEWS CAN BE TRUE. IT IS EITHER CREATION OR EVOLUTION AND NOT BOTH. Why should God use a process that avoids the intervention of God in the process of Creation? It is hard for me to understand how the most brilliant molecular biologist of our day,Dr.Francis Collins ( a former atheist) can believe in Evolution. His attack on Intelligent Design is totally baseless.His quote on Keith Miller's book (It is only atheory) attacki8ng Intelligent Design is tht of anonscientist. He isnot being truthful. Dr.Hamer at the NAtional Institute of Health has done some classical work on religiosity and neurotransmitter function in brain. Results are interesting. However, Collins has totally rejected Hamer because Hamer is an Atheist. Collins has failed to assess the Scientific merit of Hamer's work irrespective of his belief system. Because of this anomaly, we have to question Collins personal committmentto Christ. Intelligent Design is a serious challenge to the Evolutionisits. Instead of confronting tthe challenges, Francis Collins went on to attack The ID organization itself. It is once again similar to the political attacks on the Mesenger when message is too difficult to handle. At present those who lose their political argument have resorted to the non starter,"RACISM" to silence the messenger. In the case of Francis Collins, he had deliberately chosen to embrace Evolution in spite of lack of evidence. Similarilty is not sameness. If he were to be opejn and honest, he must confess to the amazzing creative power of God. As he is a career scientist, belief in God's unique creative power will work against his career. If he were to be honest in his presentation, he had to embrace Creation and reject Evolution. To Collins, his career is more important than the TRUTH. By opposing Creation, he has sold his soul for 30 pieces of silver and he waws rewarded for his denial. For denying the creative power and wisdom of God, he has earned the favr of secular scientists. He was given themost prestigious position on earth, Director of National Institutes of Health, If only he had embraced creation, his grants from Government would have been cut off an he would be sitting in a box. Deny Christ and you will live very well. If you embrace Christ, you will be riduculed, mocked and even persecuted.Dr.Hamer at the National Institute of Health has done some classical work on religiosity and neurotransmitter function in brain. Results are interesting. However, Collins has totally rejected Hamer because Hamer is an Atheist. Collins has failed to assess the Scientific merit of Hamer's work irrespective of his belief system. Because of this anomaly, we have to question Collins personal commitment to Christ. Intelligent Design is a serious challenge to the Evolutionists. Instead of confronting the challenges, Francis Collins went on to attack The ID organization itself. It is once again similar to the political attacks on the Messenger when message is too difficult to handle. At present those who lose their political argument have resorted to the non starter,"RACISM" to silence the messenger.