Purpose of "early man"?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Anonymous

Purpose of "early man"?

Post by Anonymous »

If so-called "early man" was really animal, without a soul, and not created in the image of God. What was its purpose? I realize that can't be answered difinitely, but based on what we know from scientific discovery and the character of God what plausible purpose could it have served?
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Re: Purpose of "early man"?

Post by Felgar »

pdstein wrote:If so-called "early man" was really animal, without a soul, and not created in the image of God. What was its purpose? I realize that can't be answered difinitely, but based on what we know from scientific discovery and the character of God what plausible purpose could it have served?
Well based on what we know about God, from the Word of God, there was no such thing as 'early man.' Man started as an intelligent creation.

Now when we unearth fossils of 'man-like' creatures, we must be really careful here. First these discovers are fairly limited, and if you research the fossil record on the evolution of man, the whole lineage is pretty sketchy. I'd argue that the limited discoveries to date are either a) simply abnormal humans (we have dwarfism even today) or else b) other man-like creatures that were just animals (gorillas, apes, etc.).

So in the case of a) they have the same purpose as we do, for they are us. In case of b) then their purpose is just to survive like any other animal. Note that one purpose of animals and creation in general is to declare the glory of God (as the banner above will attest to).
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

there was no early-man. no fossils have ever been found to support this.
The edge
Established Member

Post by The edge »

saw an interesting news on TV last night.
Apparently, there's a tribe somewhere that practise reshaping of human head.

What they do is apply a concoction of coconut milk on the baby's head followed by wrapping it up (above the eyes) with leaves & cloth.

As a result, as the baby grow, the shape of the head becomes elongated 45 deg upwards. One purpose is to make the head fit a kind of tall hat better (funny that it's not the other way).
The differences in the shape of their head is visually detectable amongdt the adult.
This was actually documented many many years back, but recent discovery of this tribe confirm that the practise still lives on.

Pity I didn't catch the name of the tribe or that they did not show an actual dead man's skull to confirm if the change in shape was due to the skull or other fatty tissues.

Was just wondering if this could explain why some "human" skull look different.