Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
Post Reply
User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8379
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 636 times

Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

#1

Post by Philip » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:54 pm

A cave painting nearly 44,000 years old???!!!

Here's a classic case of a dating estimate for modern humans that is FAR older than suggested dates for Adam and Eve, per Bible geneology cited:

https://www.foxnews.com/science/nearly- ... lling-art.

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1561
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 162 times

Re: Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

#2

Post by DBowling » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:52 pm

It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...
But it is really quite amazing to see how Special Revelation and General Revelation complement each other when you take the Biblical sequence of events in Genesis 1 and 2 at face value.
1. In Genesis 1:26-27 God created mankind in his image.
2. Sometime later, Genesis 2 and 3 tells us the story of Adam and Eve.

Scripture just doesn't tell us how much time passed between when God created mankind in Gen 1:26-27 and when Adam and Eve lived (Genesis 2-3).
But Scripture does tell us when and where Adam and Eve lived, Neolithic Mesopotamia somewhere around 5000 - 6000 BC.
These users liked this post by DBowling:
PaulSacramento (Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:54 am)

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8379
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 636 times

Re: Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

#3

Post by Philip » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:38 pm

DB: It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...
But it is really quite amazing to see how Special Revelation and General Revelation complement each other when you take the Biblical sequence of events in Genesis 1 and 2 at face value.
1. In Genesis 1:26-27 God created mankind in his image.
2. Sometime later, Genesis 2 and 3 tells us the story of Adam and Eve.

Scripture just doesn't tell us how much time passed between when God created mankind in Gen 1:26-27 and when Adam and Eve lived (Genesis 2-3).
But Scripture does tell us when and where Adam and Eve lived, Neolithic Mesopotamia somewhere around 5000 - 6000 BC.
DB, refresh my memory, as to your view of when sin would have entered the world, per the existence of pre-Adamic men?

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1561
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 162 times

Re: Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

#4

Post by DBowling » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Philip wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:38 pm
DB: It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...
But it is really quite amazing to see how Special Revelation and General Revelation complement each other when you take the Biblical sequence of events in Genesis 1 and 2 at face value.
1. In Genesis 1:26-27 God created mankind in his image.
2. Sometime later, Genesis 2 and 3 tells us the story of Adam and Eve.

Scripture just doesn't tell us how much time passed between when God created mankind in Gen 1:26-27 and when Adam and Eve lived (Genesis 2-3).
But Scripture does tell us when and where Adam and Eve lived, Neolithic Mesopotamia somewhere around 5000 - 6000 BC.
DB, refresh my memory, as to your view of when sin would have entered the world, per the existence of pre-Adamic men?
I hold the standard Scriptural view that sin entered the world of mankind through Adam (Romans 5:12).

Paul's statement in the very next verse (Romans 5:13) is significant for my current thoughts regarding the spiritual condition of pre-Adamic humans.
"sin is not imputed when there is no law."

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8379
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 636 times

Re: Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

#5

Post by Philip » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:34 pm

DB: I hold the standard Scriptural view that sin entered the world of mankind through Adam (Romans 5:12).
But what about Romans 1:20? "For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

The above verse would seem to indicate that key things about God / His basic attributes, were known "ever since the creation of the world." And that passage also references those early humans' guilt - "So they are without excuse."

But what sins would have been around "ever since the creation of the world?" Very next verse.

"For although they knew God, A) they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and B) exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

So, the sins that God says even the first men had no excuse for were:Denying Him, being unappreciative of His benevolence in providing for their basic needs, and then replacing Him in their hearts and minds with idols. These were clearly sins, and Romans 1 tells us these people are accountable. Was there a formal Law yet? No. But they certainly knew enough so that they were obviously aware they were rebelling against God and His wishes - an awareness I would say makes them guilty, or "without excuse."

DBowling
Prestigious Senior Member
Posts: 1561
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 162 times

Re: Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

#6

Post by DBowling » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:21 pm

Philip wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:34 pm
DB: I hold the standard Scriptural view that sin entered the world of mankind through Adam (Romans 5:12).
But what about Romans 1:20? "For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

The above verse would seem to indicate that key things about God / His basic attributes, were known "ever since the creation of the world." And that passage also references those early humans' guilt - "So they are without excuse."
Here are my current thoughts...

According to Genesis 3, Adam and Eve did not gain the Knowledge of Good and Evil until after Adam sinned.
So combining Genesis 3 with Romans 5:13...
Sin would not have been part of the human condition prior to the Fall because:
1. Mankind did not have the Knowledge of Good and Evil
2. God had not given his 'law' (either specific commands or knowledge of good and evil) to mankind, therefore according to Romans 5:13 sin would not have been imputed to mankind.

Adam was the first person to disobey a law/command from God, therefore according to Romans 5:12, sin entered the world of mankind through Adam.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 9159
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 345 times

Re: Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

#7

Post by PaulSacramento » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:54 am

DBowling wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:52 pm
It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...
But it is really quite amazing to see how Special Revelation and General Revelation complement each other when you take the Biblical sequence of events in Genesis 1 and 2 at face value.
1. In Genesis 1:26-27 God created mankind in his image.
2. Sometime later, Genesis 2 and 3 tells us the story of Adam and Eve.

Scripture just doesn't tell us how much time passed between when God created mankind in Gen 1:26-27 and when Adam and Eve lived (Genesis 2-3).
But Scripture does tell us when and where Adam and Eve lived, Neolithic Mesopotamia somewhere around 5000 - 6000 BC.
I have come to this conclusion also.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21360
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 1077 times

Re: Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

#8

Post by RickD » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:36 pm

PaulSacramento wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:54 am
DBowling wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:52 pm
It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...
But it is really quite amazing to see how Special Revelation and General Revelation complement each other when you take the Biblical sequence of events in Genesis 1 and 2 at face value.
1. In Genesis 1:26-27 God created mankind in his image.
2. Sometime later, Genesis 2 and 3 tells us the story of Adam and Eve.

Scripture just doesn't tell us how much time passed between when God created mankind in Gen 1:26-27 and when Adam and Eve lived (Genesis 2-3).
But Scripture does tell us when and where Adam and Eve lived, Neolithic Mesopotamia somewhere around 5000 - 6000 BC.
I have come to this conclusion also.
Me too.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Philip
Board Moderator
Posts: 8379
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Betwixt the Sea and the Mountains
Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 636 times

Re: Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

#9

Post by Philip » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:39 pm

PaulSacramento wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:54 pm

DBowling wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:52 pm
It took me years (actually decades) to finally wrap my brain around this...
But it is really quite amazing to see how Special Revelation and General Revelation complement each other when you take the Biblical sequence of events in Genesis 1 and 2 at face value.
1. In Genesis 1:26-27 God created mankind in his image.
2. Sometime later, Genesis 2 and 3 tells us the story of Adam and Eve.

Scripture just doesn't tell us how much time passed between when God created mankind in Gen 1:26-27 and when Adam and Eve lived (Genesis 2-3).
But Scripture does tell us when and where Adam and Eve lived, Neolithic Mesopotamia somewhere around 5000 - 6000 BC.

I have come to this conclusion also.

Me too.
I'm pretty much there as well. There is no other way so many ancient sites of anatomically modern humans could date so much older than Adam - certainly the dating methodologies can't be THAT far off.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 9159
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 345 times

Re: Modern Humans Pre-Adam?

#10

Post by PaulSacramento » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:07 am

Add to that the reading of Genesis 1 and then 2 naturally leads one to see TWO distinct "creation" events.
I have come to the view that Genesis 1 is about the creation of life on earth in GENERAL and that Genesis 2 is about the SPECIFIC creation of ( what would become)the lineage of Israel, ie: Adam and Eve.

Post Reply