“Microchimerism"

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

“Microchimerism"

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Apparently Mary and Jesus are even more closely related than we (even Catholics) ever could presume. An actual physical relationship that will go on forever that absolutely confirms the "Ark of the Covenant" designation Mary has always had in the Church's eyes.

Of course, you can go a lot further than that in description of just exactly who Mary is in the Divine Drama of Christianity. Her relationship as chosen daughter to the father, Her spouse the Holy spirit and now physically conclusive evidence of Her continuing and eternal relationship as Mother of God.

With God within, just how holy is She, given parts of Her, (in Her) are God.

https://www.catholicconvert.com/blog/20 ... e-thought/
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: “Microchimerism"

Post by Philip »

NO need to deify Mary - she was a sinner as we all are, yet certainly a beautiful, faithful young girl chosen for the greatest honor of all mothers. She was never sinless and certainly had more children after Jesus. Yes, she was the mother of the man Jesus - who had previously existed eternally in His Trinity only as Spirit, having had no beginning. And for all of the constant exaltation of Mary by the CC, it's interesting that the New Testament barely mentions her after Jesus' childhood.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

If we assume parts of God were literally in Mary due to microchimerism, making Mary holy, then wouldn’t it also stand to reason that Mary would be male, because she had the dna of Jesus in her?

1) due to microchimerism, Mary literally had Jesus’ dna inside her.

2) Jesus’ dna inside Mary transferred to Mary, making Mary eternally holy.

3) therefore, Jesus’ dna transferred to Mary, making Mary eternally male.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Since Jesus was born of a virgin, I would think that Jesus' DNA was solely a function of Mary. Other than the x and y chromosomes I would expect Mary and Jesus had identical DNA. .

What made Jesus "Divine" was not his physical DNA, it was his Spirit.
God is Spirit (John 4:24)

Jesus was totally human and totally God.
Jesus was totally human because he "became flesh", had a human body with human DNA, and lived a human life (Heb 4:15).
Jesus was totally God because his Spirit was the Spirit of the preincarnate Word.

Mary is not holy because her body retained fragments of Jesus DNA (which is a function of her DNA in the first place).
Mary is holy because she received the indwelling Holy Spirit when she put her faith and trust in her Divine Son.

My .02
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
Since Jesus was born of a virgin, I would think that Jesus' DNA was solely a function of Mary.
Then from where did Jesus get his Y chromosome?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:39 am
DBowling wrote:
Since Jesus was born of a virgin, I would think that Jesus' DNA was solely a function of Mary.
I am confident that changing an x chromosome to y is within the skill set of the Holy Spirit.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:51 am
DBowling wrote:
I am confident that changing an x chromosome to y is within the skill set of the Holy Spirit.
So, Jesus’ DNA wasn’t solely a function of Mary?

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:07 am
DBowling wrote:
My 'speculation' (since Scripture doesn't speak to the precise nature of Jesus' DNA) is that Jesus' DNA was 'solely' a function of Mary's DNA because Mary's DNA was the only physical source for Jesus' DNA.

Since Jesus was male it is obvious that an x chromosome from Mary's DNA had to be changed to a y, and as I noted, I am confident that the Holy Spirit is capable of changing an x chromosome to a y.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:21 am
DBowling wrote:
My 'speculation' (since Scripture doesn't speak to the precise nature of Jesus' DNA) is that Jesus' DNA was 'solely' a function of Mary's DNA because Mary's DNA was the only physical source for Jesus' DNA.

Since Jesus was male it is obvious that an x chromosome from Mary's DNA had to be changed to a y, and as I noted, I am confident that the Holy Spirit is capable of changing an x chromosome to a y.
And you don’t see the contradiction? On one hand, you say that Jesus’ DNA was solely a function of Mary.

And on the other hand, you say that God changed Jesus’ chromosome.

In humans, the Y chromosome comes from the father. So, jesus’ DNA can’t be solely a function of Mary. However we think the Holy Spirit influenced Jesus’ conception, Jesus’ DNA had to be influenced from something other than Mary.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:31 am
DBowling wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:21 am

And you don’t see the contradiction? On one hand, you say that Jesus’ DNA was solely a function of Mary.

And on the other hand, you say that God changed Jesus’ chromosome.

In humans, the Y chromosome comes from the father. So, jesus’ DNA can’t be solely a function of Mary. However we think the Holy Spirit influenced Jesus’ conception, Jesus’ DNA had to be influenced from something other than Mary.
I'm missing what you are disagreeing with me on.
I never claimed that Mary was able to become pregnant without supernatural intervention by the Holy Spirit.

What I am saying is that I believe that Jesus' DNA was solely based on/"a function of" (but not identical to - see my first post) the DNA of Mary. There was no DNA from a human father, and God is Spirit, not a physical being with DNA. Therefore I believe that the only/sole contributor of physical DNA to Jesus was Mary.

However, I agree with you that Mary's DNA had to be altered by the Holy Spirit to produce a male child. Supernatural intervention was required for the virgin Mary to become pregnant, and according to Scripture, the supernatural enabler for the conception of Jesus was the Holy Spirit.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

You said, “I would think that Jesus' DNA was solely a function of Mary.”

Definition of solely-not involving anyone or anything else; only.

I guess I’m just disagreeing with your statement above. You said that God had to manipulate something to get Jesus to have a Y chromosome, so that means his DNA wasn’t solely a function of Mary, correct?

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:03 pm You said, “I would think that Jesus' DNA was solely a function of Mary.”

Definition of solely-not involving anyone or anything else; only.

I guess I’m just disagreeing with your statement above. You said that God had to manipulate something to get Jesus to have a Y chromosome, so that means his DNA wasn’t solely a function of Mary, correct?
Here's my FULL statement...
"Since Jesus was born of a virgin, I would think that Jesus' DNA was solely a function of Mary. Other than the x and y chromosomes I would expect Mary and Jesus had identical DNA."

So yes, I totally agree with and support the statement that...
"God had to manipulate something to get Jesus to have a Y chromosome"
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ok. 👍

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

This is a fun and interesting question to ponder, but just a bit irrelevant, in its level of importance. It's kind of like when people will acknowledge that God indeed created a universe and our earth, but then they have problems with some of the miraculous passages in Scripture. This type of compartmentalized thinking reminds me of Thomas Jefferson, who infamously cut of the miraculous passages out of his Bible - again, somehow bizarrely believing in a god that created a vast universe couldn't also do far-smaller miracles. Maybe that's how he was likewise able to write "that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" - and yet (over his lifetime), he subjected hundreds of human beings to slavery, so as to live the lifestyle fit for a king.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

From the article:

"But science now informs us that Mary was the Ark of the Covenant that carried God Himself not only for nine months but for the remainder of her existence. Mary was — and indeed still is — the Ark of the New Covenant and the repository of the Divine."

What's with Catholics and this deliberate obsession with Mary as some kind of mother-deity?

Mary sinned, Mary was human. Mary died. End of story.

You don't pray to Mary as she can't hear you. You pray to Jesus, the Holy Spirit and God the Father. Anything else is blasphemy and the equivalent of praying to a false God. And no, Mary can't intervene on your behalf either, I've heard that too.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.