Positive NDE article in New York Academy of Sciences

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Positive NDE article in New York Academy of Sciences

Post by bippy123 »

There is an extremely positive article on ndes and particularly Sam Parnia in the New York academy of science which is a huge scientific organization created in 1817 for the advancement of scientific knowledge . It’s huge that such a mainstream science organization is starting to look at ndes .

Here is the article

https://www.nyas.org/news-articles/acad ... ter-death/

Exert from the article

How do studies of cardiac arrest inform the debate on the nature of consciousness?

Traditionally, researchers had proposed that mind or consciousness – our self - is produced from organized brain activity. However, nobody has ever been able to show how brain cells, which produce proteins, can generate something so different i.e. thoughts or consciousness. Interestingly, there has never been a plausible biological mechanism proposed to account for this.

Recently some researchers have started to raise the question that maybe your mind, your consciousness, your psyche, the thing that makes you, may not be produced by the brain. The brain might be acting more like an intermediary. It's not a brand new idea. They have argued that we have no evidence to show how brain cells or connections of brain cells could produce your thoughts, mind or consciousness.

The fact that people seem to have full consciousness, with lucid well-structured thought processes and memory formation from a time when their brains are highly dysfunctional or even nonfunctional is perplexing and paradoxical.

I do agree that this raises the possibility that the entity we call the mind or consciousness may not be produced by the brain. It’s certainly possible that maybe there's another layer of reality that we haven't yet discovered that's essentially beyond what we know of the brain, and which determines our reality.

So, I believe it is possible for consciousness to be an as of yet undiscovered scientific entity that may not necessarily be produced by synaptic activity in the brain.

This has caused the Brian Williams the main blog following the aware 2 study to say that if Parnia doesn’t have a hit from his aware 2
Study he will eat his laptop

https://awareofaware.co/2019/10/14/if-a ... my-laptop/

As others, and myself, have noted, the tone of this article is completely supportive of the understanding that the consciousness, or soul is an individual entity that is able to survive death. This article was clearly sanctioned by Dr. Parnia, as it is related to the What happens when we die meeting that is due to take place at NYU in November. This implies that he is absolutely of the belief that the consciousness survives death. The implications of this are very clear from my point of view. As a scientist to make such a stand is inviting derision unless there is strong evidence to support this position. hence my belief that he is now sitting on one or more “hits” (i.e. scientifically verfiied OBEs) from AWARE II.

Will he use this event in New York as a teaser for the study results? Please, can someone go and then report back here what happens…if I still lived in Canada I would have nipped over the border to attend, but since I am now back in the UK “nipping” is not an option. I am prepared to provide financial support with respect to the cost of registration if someone serious (i.e. an existing commenter) volunteers and agrees to provide me with a write up and maybe ask a question at either the daytime or evening event. Message me via the contact me link.
Philip
Site Owner

Re: Positive NDE article in New York Academy of Sciences

Post by Philip »

Hello, Bippy!!! So, you're in the UK right now? How so? Tell us how that happened - temporarily?
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Re: Positive NDE article in New York Academy of Sciences

Post by bippy123 »

Philip wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:11 am Hello, Bippy!!! So, you're in the UK right now? How so? Tell us how that happened - temporarily?
No Philip dr Parnia is in the UK I’m still in San Diego .
I am pretty soon gonna try my hand in the tax deed investing arena . Probably within 3-5 months .

How is everything in your neck of the woods Philip ?