Aliens?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Aliens?

Post by RickD »

LittleHamster wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:25 pm
RickD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:21 pm I'm confused by your bewilderment, Hamster.

Christ's sacrifice was once and for all. "All" meaning mankind. Not alienkind.

And let me clarify what I said here:
I would agree with you. If there are other intelligent beings somewhere, God would have to have another plan for them other than salvation by Grace, through faith in Christ.
What I mean is that if the these beings exist, and they are offered salvation for sins, it would have to be something other than Christ's sacrifice.

There are a lot of "ifs".

If sentient beings exist.

If they sin.

If they are offered salvation by Grace, for that sin.
Does that mean you agree with idea that Christ can offer himself up for sacrifice on another planet (or on many other planets for that matter) just as he did on our planet ? I.e. the same plan he implemented for us on earth is the same plan he will implement for other (humanoids) on other planets (if they exist).

- ( I thought that you were trying to say that God will implement a different plan ???)
No, I do NOT agree that Christ can or would offer Himself as a sacrifice again. Christ's sacrifice was once and for all(of humanity). Hebrews 10:10.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by UsagiTsukino »

Jesus scarified himself for us has humans. Or would God have this plan for aliens. I'm just saying God wouldn't us the same plan for other planets as he would with us, Jesus death was for us sins as humans.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick: No, I do NOT agree that Christ can or would offer Himself as a sacrifice again. Christ's sacrifice was once and for all (of humanity). Hebrews 10:10.
Ah, but the speculation is about ALIENS. IF such exist, what if God made them like high-functioning animals - they aren't meant to live eternally and can't sin? Or maybe He would directly interact with them constantly from their creation? Notice that Lucifer and the angels who rebelled with Him - it would appear that God didn't try to save them from THEIR treachery and sin. Though, they already had existed in His presence in a perfect and beautiful place. Or maybe they're more like fourth world slugs?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:08 pm
Rick: No, I do NOT agree that Christ can or would offer Himself as a sacrifice again. Christ's sacrifice was once and for all (of humanity). Hebrews 10:10.
Ah, but the speculation is about ALIENS. IF such exist, what if God made them like high-functioning animals - they aren't meant to live eternally and can't sin? Or maybe He would directly interact with them constantly from their creation? Notice that Lucifer and the angels who rebelled with Him - it would appear that God didn't try to save them from THEIR treachery and sin. Though, they already had existed in His presence in a perfect and beautiful place. Or maybe they're more like fourth world slugs?
Absolutely. That's why I said that there are a lot of "ifs".
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

RickD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:17 pm
A couple more points to consider:

1. We are made in God's image. Other beings with the potential of being given salvation on other planets would also be made in God's image. i.e., They would look just like us (unless God has some kind of multiple image-disorder).

2. Christ said he will return again (second coming). But he has appeared since then - he appeared before saul and there have been a lot of other testimonies of Jesus appearing to this day. So it's not so unusual for Christ to pop in and out of this world even today.

3. 'Humans' existing on worlds millions of light years away have only one way of ever hearing of the gift of salvation through the son. That way would be via appearance of Christ IMHO and would be the best and most logical way of getting the message across - even if it takes another crucifixion.

4. Hebrews 10:10 does not specifically say all humanoid life forms thoughout the universe. The bible (as a whole) almost always refers to people of this earth and always refers to happenings on our planet. Contexually speaking, the teachings of the bible would exclude other planets and life on those planets.

5. Timing. If Jesus was crucified 2000 years too early then his message wouldve been lost in some stone tablets. If Jesus was crucified 2000 years later he probably would've branded a charlatan, shot and thrown in a dumpster. So , on other planets, they would need to develop to a certain point before Christ arrives with the message and the sacrifice i.e. maybe another million years from now light years away.

I'm calling "YES" i.e. he would repeat what was done here on earth on another, distant, humanoid-habitated planet. It could even be God's standard way of getting the message across.
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

We are made in God's image. Other beings with the potential of being given salvation on other planets would also be made in God's image. i.e., They would look just like us (unless God has some kind of multiple image-disorder).
What is assumed is that any such alien's would be create as eternal beings that have the ability to make moral choices. There were several high-functioning hominids that were not human - so aliens might be like that. But for any being knowing right and wrong, they need the Lord. But again, look at the angels that rebelled, Jesus never tried to save them after their rebellion - and they clearly had the ability to make moral choices.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Wait, are we talking about illegal aliens?

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

LittleHamster wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:44 pm
RickD wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:17 pm
A couple more points to consider:

1. We are made in God's image. Other beings with the potential of being given salvation on other planets would also be made in God's image. i.e., They would look just like us (unless God has some kind of multiple image-disorder).

2. Christ said he will return again (second coming). But he has appeared since then - he appeared before saul and there have been a lot of other testimonies of Jesus appearing to this day. So it's not so unusual for Christ to pop in and out of this world even today.

3. 'Humans' existing on worlds millions of light years away have only one way of ever hearing of the gift of salvation through the son. That way would be via appearance of Christ IMHO and would be the best and most logical way of getting the message across - even if it takes another crucifixion.

4. Hebrews 10:10 does not specifically say all humanoid life forms thoughout the universe. The bible (as a whole) almost always refers to people of this earth and always refers to happenings on our planet. Contexually speaking, the teachings of the bible would exclude other planets and life on those planets.

5. Timing. If Jesus was crucified 2000 years too early then his message wouldve been lost in some stone tablets. If Jesus was crucified 2000 years later he probably would've branded a charlatan, shot and thrown in a dumpster. So , on other planets, they would need to develop to a certain point before Christ arrives with the message and the sacrifice i.e. maybe another million years from now light years away.

I'm calling "YES" i.e. he would repeat what was done here on earth on another, distant, humanoid-habitated planet. It could even be God's standard way of getting the message across.
:shock: :stars: :doh: :fryingpan: :leavingcrying: :whee: :knight: :cheeking:

-Edward R Murrow

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

RickD wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:42 am

:shock: :stars: :doh: :fryingpan: :leavingcrying: :whee: :knight: :cheeking:
Hey, come on. I was building up a compelling, iron-clad, air-tight case for the death-resurrection procedure on other planets.

And now you've gone and totally emojified it ...to oblivion !
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

What if there is another plan of salvation for other supposed beings?

It's possible even the devils could go back to being saved. They won't though.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:01 pm What if there is another plan of salvation for other supposed beings?
As far as I'm concerned "aliens" are the work of the fallen angels and will be part of the end times great deception. They are not beings from another planet.
What makes you say that, everything I read in the Bible says that they are to spend eternity in the lake of fire. There is no redemption for fallen angels and demons.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Stu wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:35 am
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:01 pm What if there is another plan of salvation for other supposed beings?
As far as I'm concerned "aliens" are the work of the fallen angels and will be part of the end times great deception. They are not beings from another planet.
What makes you say that, everything I read in the Bible says that they are to spend eternity in the lake of fire. There is no redemption for fallen angels and demons.
I'm saying there is a chance, while in heaven, that I suppose they could change back. We know they didn't...
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

aliens from other planets...saved demons...multiple universes...

are you guys snorting, injecting or taking funny pills?
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Fliegender wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:36 pm aliens from other planets...saved demons...multiple universes...

are you guys snorting, injecting or taking funny pills?
No, do you have any that I can take?

I'm very troubled lately. I just walked out my door the other day, and it hit me! The earth IS FLat!

Do you know what it's like to realize that you've been living a lie your entire life?

-Edward R Murrow

Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Post by Fliegender »

RickD wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:21 pm

I'm very troubled lately. I just walked out my door the other day, and it hit me! The earth IS FLat!

Do you know what it's like to realize that you've been living a lie your entire life?
how does a flat earther get to be bored moderator of a science site?
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill