trulyenlightened wrote:I will also do a topic on consciousness and the evolution of consciousness soon. Suffice to say, that we DO know where the centers of consciousness and intelligence are(medulla, cerebellum, cerebrum and the thalamus) in the brain.
Please cite studies.
trulyenlightened wrote:We DO know how and why it evolved. The reasons why people are spiritual, is the inherited genes they received from their ancestors, social conformity, and that all spiritual answers satisfy this level of consciousness.
Evolution has no reasons for "why" something evolves. As to "how", that requires first knowing the mechanics behind such, for which I again say cite some studies. Unless of course you wish to tell a "once upon a time, a long, long time ago, before modern man...
trulyenlightened wrote:Conscious awareness and the internal dialog, can only occur when the brain is idle. Spiritual expression has also evolved from the most simplest of beliefs to the more complex of beliefs. Based on the archaeological digs and artefacts, these expressions seem almost certainly culture-specific. I'm afraid that nothing in science can stand up to the scrutiny and accuracy of the PSR, so I won't even try.
It seems here you're just spurting sentences without support. Until you give something more, then each claim is nothing.
Firstly, you stated, " I'm afriad science has debunked that the size of brain has a direct correlation to intelligence", and then began to base your argument on this straw man. I stated that intelligence seems to be related to the number of gyri or convolutions in the brain. You then claim there is no correlation between the physical brain and consciousness. That is an absurd assertion. We can easily correlate the levels of consciousness, to the levels of damage(disease, drugs, accidents, genetics, etc.) to parts of the physical brain. This can be easily be measured with a brain scan. If your occipital lobe is damaged, do you think it won't affect your consciousness, or any portion of your reality? Why can't you understand that the conscious mind is nothing more than the multisensory representation of your objective reality. Nothing more, and nothing less. Do you have conscious awareness when you are sound asleep? NO! But your physical brain is still active, isn't it? YES! What does this tell you? That the physical brain does not depend on consciousness, but consciousness depends entirely
on a working active physical brain. Is this not another correlation? YES!
Does evolution explain WHY the red blood cells in many Black Africans develop into the shape of a sickle? YES! Does evolution explain WHY different gene evolved
to battle against different pathogens, and others didn't? YES! Does evolution explain WHY an organism develops defenses against diseases? Yes! Does Evolution explain WHY bugs develop resistance to toxins? YES! The simple answer to the "WHY" is so that the other less than 0.1% of species can survive. So we are all the progenies of ancestors that were survivors. We are certainly better off than the other 99.9% of species that didn't survive. Finally, genetic mutation is one of the mechanisms
in which the body uses to adapt to changes in the environment. What powers evolution, CHANGE!
This is also another topic that I will discuss.
I have already stated that this will be a topic that I will be discussing. I will discuss these topics in full details. Remember, your request is a double edge sword. You are certainly free to provide any evidence to disproves anything I present
as well. It is a common tactic among creationist to just keep asking for evidence, until only a God could continue answering. So either present your own evidence to refute anything that I say, or comment only on the topic(s) that I present. And if you can provide evidence that I might be wrong, then we both will have learned something new. A win-win. Don