Our solar system is a vortex

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Audacity
BANNED
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Our solar system is a vortex

Post by Audacity »

What's wrong with this?

hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Our solar system is a vortex

Post by hughfarey »

Quite a lot.
1) The plane of the solar system is not perpendicular to the orbit of the sun around the galaxy.
2) A few particles rotating in a spiral do not constitute a vortex.
3) Rotational motion and "vortex mortion" are not "completely different things; they are closely related.
4) In the absence of some corroborating evidence, similar geometries do not necessarily reflect any other relationship. The path of the solar system is not related to the growth of a flower or a shell other than in mathematical similarity.
5) The solar system is not "part of life".

Cool video though!
Audacity
BANNED
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Our solar system is a vortex

Post by Audacity »

hughfarey wrote:Quite a lot.
1) The plane of the solar system is not perpendicular to the orbit of the sun around the galaxy.
2) A few particles rotating in a spiral do not constitute a vortex.
3) Rotational motion and "vortex mortion" are not "completely different things; they are closely related.
4) In the absence of some corroborating evidence, similar geometries do not necessarily reflect any other relationship. The path of the solar system is not related to the growth of a flower or a shell other than in mathematical similarity.
5) The solar system is not "part of life".

Cool video though!
Good observations. :yes: And I agree, it is a cool video. In fact, I suspect its designer may have first come up with the graphics, which then led him to think of how our solar system moved and what it might be, erroneous as it is.

I have some thoughts of my own, but will wait until others weigh in.