Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4141
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby abelcainsbrother » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:31 am

hughfarey wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:You will die if you have a blood transfusion with a chimp.
Completely untrue. Totally false. Incontestably incorrect. Utterly mendacious. But through ignorance, dishonesty, or mischief, I wonder?


Ditto! A blood transfusion from a chimp to a human will kill the human.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7799
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby PaulSacramento » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:17 am

Considering that blood transfusion's must be of the same TYPE ( or at least from a universal type), the difficulties are obvious.
BUT not mortal danger.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/ ... ions-work/

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4141
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby abelcainsbrother » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:20 am

PaulSacramento wrote:Considering that blood transfusion's must be of the same TYPE ( or at least from a universal type), the difficulties are obvious.
BUT not mortal danger.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/ ... ions-work/


Many people died before blood types were understood from blood transfusions.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7799
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby PaulSacramento » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:22 am

abelcainsbrother wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Considering that blood transfusion's must be of the same TYPE ( or at least from a universal type), the difficulties are obvious.
BUT not mortal danger.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/ ... ions-work/


Many people died before blood types were understood from blood transfusions.


Very true, and many didn't.

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4141
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby abelcainsbrother » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:21 am

PaulSacramento wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Considering that blood transfusion's must be of the same TYPE ( or at least from a universal type), the difficulties are obvious.
BUT not mortal danger.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/ ... ions-work/


Many people died before blood types were understood from blood transfusions.


Very true, and many didn't.


Where is the evidence? I guess this is one of them things where it comes down to who we believe.I could post link that says I'm right.No offense,but you probably know how I feel about evolution and the dishonest way it has been pushed onto our society as true science so I don't trust much of anything evolutionists claim. I'd like to see a demonstration without any modifications to the chimp,pig,blood,etc.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 750
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:58 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby hughfarey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:32 am

abelcainsbrother wrote:Ditto! A blood transfusion from a chimp to a human will kill the human.
Completely untrue. Totally false. Incontestably incorrect. Utterly mendacious. But through ignorance, dishonesty, or mischief, I wonder?

User avatar
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Posts: 4141
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby abelcainsbrother » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:35 am

hughfarey wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Ditto! A blood transfusion from a chimp to a human will kill the human.
Completely untrue. Totally false. Incontestably incorrect. Utterly mendacious. But through ignorance, dishonesty, or mischief, I wonder?


You have no evidence.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18074
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby RickD » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:23 am

abelcainsbrother wrote:
hughfarey wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:You will die if you have a blood transfusion with a chimp.
Completely untrue. Totally false. Incontestably incorrect. Utterly mendacious. But through ignorance, dishonesty, or mischief, I wonder?


Ditto! A blood transfusion from a chimp to a human will kill the human.

I think there's a "gap" in this theory. y:-?
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Posts: 7799
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:29 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby PaulSacramento » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:39 am


User avatar
B. W.
Board Moderator
Posts: 7918
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby B. W. » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:11 am

Well sometimes my wife says I have manners like a Baboon... maybe manners of Chimp would have been a compliment :lol:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 750
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:58 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby hughfarey » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:09 pm

I have not been able to find any instance of humans being given chimpanzee blood, so to that extent, neither abelcainsbrother nor I can claim definitively that it would, or wouldn't, kill you. However, there are numerous instances of humans being given lambs' blood, possibly baboon's blood, and any number of organs from a variety of other animals. The survivability of a transfusion very much depends on the compatibility of the blood type, rather than the blood itself, and since chimpanzee's blood is so similar to ours, it is beyond question that compatible chimp blood could easily be found, even though human blood types seem to be considerably restricted compared to our simian cousins. The article referenced by PaulSacramento oversimplifies, and thus misrepresents, the paper it refers to, which can be read at www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4258062. It certainly does not claim that "The project has verified that ape blood isn't interchangeable between species or humans, she said." She (Kathryn Gamble) said no such thing.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18074
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby RickD » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:44 pm

"Simian cousins".
:lol:


I think you have more in common with pigs, your coprophagous cousins.

:pound:
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:35 pm

B. W. wrote:Thought this article provoked thought...Puuurfectly....

Are Humans Really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?
-
-
-

There's a reason why so many people (including scientists) think we evolved from apes. There's good evidence. So yes we are really close to chimps DNA-wise, and we get similar diseases too. Now if you want to think we were separately formed from apes but made similar to them go ahead, I do and I have my reasons, but I wouldn't let it interfere with science.

thatkidakayoungguy
Senior Member
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:44 pm
Christian: Yes

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby thatkidakayoungguy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:40 pm

B. W. wrote:Well sometimes my wife says I have manners like a Baboon... maybe manners of Chimp would have been a compliment :lol:
-
-
-

:lol: I've seen people act more like monkeys than people too, so they may be on to something. 8-}2

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 18074
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kamino

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Postby RickD » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:01 pm

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
B. W. wrote:Well sometimes my wife says I have manners like a Baboon... maybe manners of Chimp would have been a compliment :lol:
-
-
-

:lol: I've seen people act more like monkeys than people too, so they may be on to something. 8-}2

When people walk by me when I'm in my cage, I throw feces at them, stick my finger in my butt, then smell it and fall over...

Ain't nobody gonna tell me I'm related to a chimp.
1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Audie wrote:
"Christianity is not a joke, but it has some very poor representatives."


St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony


Return to “God and Science”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests