Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Are we really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?

Post by abelcainsbrother »

hughfarey wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:You will die if you have a blood transfusion with a chimp.
Completely untrue. Totally false. Incontestably incorrect. Utterly mendacious. But through ignorance, dishonesty, or mischief, I wonder?
Ditto! A blood transfusion from a chimp to a human will kill the human.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Considering that blood transfusion's must be of the same TYPE ( or at least from a universal type), the difficulties are obvious.
BUT not mortal danger.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/ ... ions-work/
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

PaulSacramento wrote:Considering that blood transfusion's must be of the same TYPE ( or at least from a universal type), the difficulties are obvious.
BUT not mortal danger.

Many people died before blood types were understood from blood transfusions.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:Considering that blood transfusion's must be of the same TYPE ( or at least from a universal type), the difficulties are obvious.
BUT not mortal danger.

Very true, and many didn't.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

PaulSacramento wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
BUT not mortal danger.

Very true, and many didn't.
Where is the evidence? I guess this is one of them things where it comes down to who we believe.I could post link that says I'm right.No offense,but you probably know how I feel about evolution and the dishonest way it has been pushed onto our society as true science so I don't trust much of anything evolutionists claim. I'd like to see a demonstration without any modifications to the chimp,pig,blood,etc.

hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member

Post by hughfarey »

abelcainsbrother wrote:Ditto! A blood transfusion from a chimp to a human will kill the human.
Completely untrue. Totally false. Incontestably incorrect. Utterly mendacious. But through ignorance, dishonesty, or mischief, I wonder?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

hughfarey wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Ditto! A blood transfusion from a chimp to a human will kill the human.
You have no evidence.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
hughfarey wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:You will die if you have a blood transfusion with a chimp.
Ditto! A blood transfusion from a chimp to a human will kill the human.
I think there's a "gap" in this theory. y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Well sometimes my wife says I have manners like a Baboon... maybe manners of Chimp would have been a compliment :lol:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member

Post by hughfarey »

I have not been able to find any instance of humans being given chimpanzee blood, so to that extent, neither abelcainsbrother nor I can claim definitively that it would, or wouldn't, kill you. However, there are numerous instances of humans being given lambs' blood, possibly baboon's blood, and any number of organs from a variety of other animals. The survivability of a transfusion very much depends on the compatibility of the blood type, rather than the blood itself, and since chimpanzee's blood is so similar to ours, it is beyond question that compatible chimp blood could easily be found, even though human blood types seem to be considerably restricted compared to our simian cousins. The article referenced by PaulSacramento oversimplifies, and thus misrepresents, the paper it refers to, which can be read at www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4258062. It certainly does not claim that "The project has verified that ape blood isn't interchangeable between species or humans, she said." She (Kathryn Gamble) said no such thing.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

"Simian cousins".
:lol:

I think you have more in common with pigs, your coprophagous cousins.

:pound:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

B. W. wrote:Thought this article provoked thought...Puuurfectly....

Are Humans Really 99 Percent the Same as Chimps?
-
-
-
There's a reason why so many people (including scientists) think we evolved from apes. There's good evidence. So yes we are really close to chimps DNA-wise, and we get similar diseases too. Now if you want to think we were separately formed from apes but made similar to them go ahead, I do and I have my reasons, but I wouldn't let it interfere with science.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

B. W. wrote:Well sometimes my wife says I have manners like a Baboon... maybe manners of Chimp would have been a compliment :lol:
-
-
-
:lol: I've seen people act more like monkeys than people too, so they may be on to something. 8-}2
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote:
B. W. wrote:Well sometimes my wife says I have manners like a Baboon... maybe manners of Chimp would have been a compliment :lol:
-
-
-
:lol: I've seen people act more like monkeys than people too, so they may be on to something. 8-}2
When people walk by me when I'm in my cage, I throw feces at them, stick my finger in my butt, then smell it and fall over...

Ain't nobody gonna tell me I'm related to a chimp.

-Edward R Murrow