Transitional / intermediate

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Transitional / intermediate

Post by abelcainsbrother »

crochet1949 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Yeah but that is only when it comes to creation. We all agree about Jesus,don't we. Creation is not as important but I just wish so many people were not hoodwinked to accept evolution and it seems like the church has no answers.

There Are answers.

Depending on the definition of 'the church' -- and Where the church is getting It's answers.

What are we all agreeing about in relation To Jesus?
If there are answers then why do so many people still believe in evolution and think creationists are stupid when it comes to science? We know where most get their answers-Ellen G White and George McCready Price. That Jesus died on the cross,rose from the dead,paid for our salvation and we can be saved if we believe in him.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:Yeah but that is only when it comes to creation. We all agree about Jesus,don't we. Creation is not as important but I just wish so many people were not hoodwinked to accept evolution and it seems like the church has no answers.

There Are answers.

Depending on the definition of 'the church' -- and Where the church is getting It's answers.

If there are answers then why do so many people still believe in evolution and think creationists are stupid when it comes to science? We know where most get their answers-Ellen G White and George McCready Price. That Jesus died on the cross,rose from the dead,paid for our salvation and we can be saved if we believe in him.
Right after I read, "We all agree about Jesus,don't we", I pictured Audie running for a keyboard to ask ACB for evidence that "We all agree about Jesus".
y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:

There Are answers.

Right after I read, "We all agree about Jesus,don't we", I pictured Audie running for a keyboard to ask ACB for evidence that "We all agree about Jesus".
y:-?
Would she do that? I hope we do,if she did.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by hughfarey »

The Church, eh? That's the "One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church", I guess....
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

hughfarey wrote:The Church, eh? That's the "One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church", I guess....
catholic with a lower case "c". :fyi:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD wrote:
hughfarey wrote:The Church, eh? That's the "One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church", I guess....
catholic with a lower case "c". :fyi:

yes, the one with the lower case 'c'. The universal church. The only one that is made up of all born-again believers who have ever lived and Are living and Will live in the future. The Other kind of church is the Local church. So, the question Is, then, what is the local church teaching about God's Word / Bible.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member

Post by hughfarey »

crochet1949 wrote:yes, the one with the lower case 'c'. The universal church. The only one that is made up of all born-again believers who have ever lived and Are living and Will live in the future.
Ah, that one; I see. What does it say about transitional fossils?
The Other kind of church is the Local church. So, the question Is, then, what is the local church teaching about God's Word / Bible.
Local to whom, exactly? Or local to where? Do you mean individual parishes or communities of Christians? Well, never mind. What does your local church say about transitional fossils?

I think it has become apparent that abelcainsbrother doesn't have a 'church', and so doesn't know or care what any of them, local or universal, think. Is the same true of Crochet?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

hughfarey wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:yes, the one with the lower case 'c'. The universal church. The only one that is made up of all born-again believers who have ever lived and Are living and Will live in the future.
The Other kind of church is the Local church. So, the question Is, then, what is the local church teaching about God's Word / Bible.
Local to whom, exactly? Or local to where? Do you mean individual parishes or communities of Christians? Well, never mind. What does your local church say about transitional fossils?

I think it has become apparent that abelcainsbrother doesn't have a 'church', and so doesn't know or care what any of them, local or universal, think. Is the same true of Crochet?
crochet with a lower case "c". ;)

-Edward R Murrow

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

hughfarey wrote:

The designation of Local church -- local to a town/ city where people live. Individual parishes, yes. Communities of Christians, yes. Presby, Lutherans, Baptists, etc.

'Crochet' does have a local church that I go to on a regular basis. The church has an ordained pastor who teaches Genesis creation. A local church isn't going to be teaching 'transitional fossils' -- the Genesis creation tells us that the animal world was created by God -- to be able to mate with like kind -- like what happens Now.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

hughfarey wrote:

I do have a church but they don't really talk about creation that much,transitional fossils,etc. But when and if they do? It is YEC and since I'm not a YEC and there are more important things than creation I don't really get mad over it. I accept Gap Creationism though based on researching it out and looking into evidence and it is most true to me out of them all. But I don't see creation interpretations being really important in the body of Christ like YEC's typically do. They try to make their creation interpretation equivalent to the gospel and it is'nt but only one can be right.

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
hughfarey wrote:

I do have a church but they don't really talk about creation that much,transitional fossils,etc. But when and if they do? It is YEC and since I'm not a YEC and there are more important things than creation I don't really get mad over it. I accept Gap Creationism though based on researching it out and looking into evidence and it is most true to me out of them all. But I don't see creation interpretations being really important in the body of Christ like YEC's typically do. They try to make their creation interpretation equivalent to the gospel and it is'nt but only one can be right.

It Does get to the point of just how powerful God really Is. Do we Really believe that God is Able to make our salvation possible? Is He Really capable of raising a person from the dead? And it goes to the authority of God's Word.

And, actually, the church I go to doesn't talk that much about creation, either. There's a LOT of Bible To teach. A lot about Christian living -- and that just because we Can do most anything, is it really in a person's Best interest to Do it. And being a Good citizen -- and setting a Good example for someone else To follow. And are we careful of what we Do put into our bodies and minds.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

crochet1949 wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
hughfarey wrote:

It Does get to the point of just how powerful God really Is. Do we Really believe that God is Able to make our salvation possible? Is He Really capable of raising a person from the dead? And it goes to the authority of God's Word.

And, actually, the church I go to doesn't talk that much about creation, either. There's a LOT of Bible To teach. A lot about Christian living -- and that just because we Can do most anything, is it really in a person's Best interest to Do it. And being a Good citizen -- and setting a Good example for someone else To follow. And are we careful of what we Do put into our bodies and minds.
Nothing changes in the rest of the bible if somebody has a different creation interpretation. It is no different than some people believing in pre,mid post rapture,etc. Plus our God is eternal too so just on that alone it is hard to believe the earth is young. And the biggest difference between YEC and Gap Creationism is YEC's insist 2nd Peter 3:5-6 is referring to Noah's flood,while Gap Creationists believe it is referring us to Genesis 1:2 instead where the earth is flooded and the earth is formed out of waters that caused the world to perish. So no need to bring up how powerful God is,or do we really believe God is able to make our salvation possible,or if he is able to raise people from the dead. We all believe these things as Christians. I agree with everything else.
hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member

Post by hughfarey »

crochet1949 wrote:A local church isn't going to be teaching 'transitional fossils' -- the Genesis creation tells us that the animal world was created by God -- to be able to mate with like kind -- like what happens Now.
Your local church might deny evolution, but my local church accepts evolution - embraces it, in fact, as such a glorious demonstration of God's creative imagination. Are both churches correct? If not, how do you know which one has got the right idea?
hughfarey
Advanced Senior Member

Post by hughfarey »

In fact, from the responses above it seems that neither crochet's nor abelcainsbrother's "churches" are very bothered about the meaning of Genesis one way or another. Does this mean that we can all interpret it however we like? That would be splendid. The bible means whatever individuals think it means, so it doesn't really define if there was a global flood or not, or whether all living things evolved from primordial slime. In that case, why should I or Audi or neo not be allowed to find out what really happened by examining the scientific evidence and forming our own conclusions, rather than endlessly having the bible quoted at us as if it was the definitive arbiter of truth?