Alleged “Consensus on Climate Change” Is Actually Only 75 Hand-Picked US Scientists

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Alleged “Consensus on Climate Change” Is Actually Only 75 Hand-Picked US Scientists

Post by Kurieuo »

Kurieuo wrote:Global warming, err.. climate change... umm, or is it extreme weather. I don't know where the goal posts are at today.

Regardless, governments and big corporate types are the biggest killers and polluters. Pollution is the real issue everyone can agree on, and it kills the environment, peoples' lives and whole communities. Just YouTube oil pollution and community ruined and look up pollution disasters.

At the heart is normally greed and desire for oil, other valuable minerals, wealth and power. Governments and big corporates would have the masses debate, while laughing at their fat cat table with their money, selfish ambition and immorality.

I really don't care what the symptom is, or what it is called, I'd much prefer the main cause be tackled which has always been pollution by those who simply don't care as long as they is profit. Pollution caused from raping the land, pillaging communities, and murdering people. Wars seem to go hand-in-hand, much of it is about the same thing.
To provide some perspective to this post of mine here, it is stuff like this we should all be crying up in arms about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MssnB31PmZI
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Alleged “Consensus on Climate Change” Is Actually Only 75 Hand-Picked US Scientists

Post by Audie »

Stu wrote:Alleged “Consensus on Climate Change” Is Actually Only 75 Hand-Picked US Scientists

An opinion survey of earth scientists on global climate change was conducted by Margaret R K Zimmerman, MS, and published by the University of Illinois in 2008.

Aside from his support from Dr Pantsdoumi, Mann often claims the imprimatur of "settled science": 97 per cent of the world's scientists supposedly believe in catastrophic anthropogenic global warming requiring massive government intervention.

That percentage derives from a survey conducted for a thesis by M R K Zimmerman.

The "survey" was a two-question, online questionnaire sent to 10,257 earth scientists, of whom [only] 3,146 responded.

Of the responding scientists, 96.2 per cent came from North America.

Only 6.2 per cent came from Canada. So the United States is overrepresented even within that North American sample.

Nine per cent of US respondents are from California. So California is overrepresented within not just the US sample: it has over twice as large a share of the sample as Europe, Asia, Australia, the Pacific, Latin America and Africa combined.

Of the ten per cent of non-US respondents, Canada has 62 per cent.

Not content with such a distorted sample, the researchers then selected 79 of their sample and declared them "experts."

Of those 79 scientists, two were excluded from a second supplementary question. So 75 out of 77 made it through to the final round, and 97.4 per cent were found to agree with "the consensus". That's where the 97 per cent comes from.

So this is a very Michael Mann "reconstruction": just as a couple of Californian bristlecones can determine the climate for a millennium, so a couple of dozen Californian scientists can determine the consensus of the world.

Quoted the applicable part, you can read the entire article here.
If the message here is that consensus on climate change really is
based on a few hand picked individuals, then-

One take away: for many a nominal Christian, honesty is no virtue.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

I'm still confused why a finding from 2008, nearly a decade ago is being cited as relevant. I'm pretty sure a couple decades before that smoking was still being heralded by some 'scientists' as really not that bad. Before that the African brain was inferior and somewhere along the lines the earth was also flat.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

What is the go with Americans and the denial of global warming and the devasting effects that humans are having on our environment, from mass extinctions, to habitat destruction, greenhouse gases , gross over popularisation, destruction of the coral reefs, depletion of natural resources, deforestation and just a general disregard for Mother Nature in what ever way the industrial complex sees fit but yet manage to stay fully and obsessively focused on how the government is conspiring to disarm them and take away their weapons along with plan for Muslims to take over the world but somehow they mistake real concern for conspiracy propaganda in regards to the environment.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:What is the go with Americans and the denial of global warming and the devasting effects that humans are having on our environment, from mass extinctions, to habitat destruction, greenhouse gases , gross over popularisation, destruction of the coral reefs, depletion of natural resources, deforestation and just a general disregard for Mother Nature in what ever way the industrial complex sees fit but yet manage to stay fully and obsessively focused on how the government is conspiring to disarm them and take away their weapons along with plan for Muslims to take over the world but somehow they mistake real concern for conspiracy propaganda in regards to the environment.
Mal Gore, is that you?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
melanie wrote:What is the go with Americans and the denial of global warming and the devasting effects that humans are having on our environment, from mass extinctions, to habitat destruction, greenhouse gases , gross over popularisation, destruction of the coral reefs, depletion of natural resources, deforestation and just a general disregard for Mother Nature in what ever way the industrial complex sees fit but yet manage to stay fully and obsessively focused on how the government is conspiring to disarm them and take away their weapons along with plan for Muslims to take over the world but somehow they mistake real concern for conspiracy propaganda in regards to the environment.
Mal Gore, is that you?
Algore used periods, so prolly not.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Mal Gore, is that you?
I was going to make a joke about how Mel's posts seem to indicate that she only posts when she has her period, but that may be inappropriate. So never mind.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Mel, might as well line up 7 billion human beings and make them drink cyanide laces grape juice in order for that Georgia Guidestone's first order of business to come into being which is:

1--Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

Interesting how number one goal on this stone contradicts its own edicts numbered 5 through 10... How, demand the death of 7 billion human beings and maintain that death rate by enforced rules by the elites...

So, the environmental wackos do have an agenda and have brainwashed countless souls with the dribble about climate change...

I have never known in history as well as in my entire life that climate has not changed. Climate changes all the time with or without humans on the planet...

Yes blame the USA but not the country closet to you, China - why?

China starts 2017 engulfed by smog, issues pollution alerts

How knows???
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Mal Gore, is that you?
I was going to make a joke about how Mel's posts seem to indicate that she only posts when she has her period, but that may be inappropriate. So never mind.
Ew Rick! Hiding in Mel's closet is one thing, but when she has he period you could at least give some privacy.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Mal Gore, is that you?
Ew Rick! Hiding in Mel's closet is one thing, but when she has he period you could at least give some privacy.
Send Rick to the doghouse!

We need a dog house emoticon...

Bad Rick - Heard he is just having his male period right now. He bought a Harley and a Bentley with a trailer to haul the Harley to Sturgs SD for the Rally next year. He dyed his hair (wig) blond too...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

B. W. wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote: Mal Gore, is that you?
I was going to make a joke about how Mel's posts seem to indicate that she only posts when she has her period, but that ma2y be inappropriate. So never mind.

Bad Rick - Heard he is just having his male period right now. He bought a Harley and a Bentley with a trailer to haul the Harley to Sturgs SD for the Rally next year. He dyed his hair (wig) blond too...
-
-
-
I should do that too. I am seeing it all now.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tough+a ... euH7KYM%3A
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Audie wrote:
B. W. wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
I was going to make a joke about how Mel's posts seem to indicate that she only posts when she has her period, but that ma2y be inappropriate. So never mind.

-
-
-
I should do that too. I am seeing it all now.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tough+a ... euH7KYM%3A
Let me know when you finish you're training as one of those elite female body guards. :)